Sign In

"Wakingdreams" - NerqTheMighty's Interactive Text Adventure

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a point to art divorced from social commentary?  Take some notes. 

> Focus on the class material.  Come on girl. You went to the trouble of going to class, might as well focus on it. 

I went through the trouble of going to class, might as well focus on it. You put on your mental blinders and make every effort to keep your attention from drifting. Three hours of droning monolog

You take a deep breath and decide not to snap their legs off, opting instead to ignore them and get your notebook and laptop out and ready for class. The last thing your mind registers of their conversation is the fact that nobody's figured out who did it yet. One concealed sigh of relief later you notice that you were holding your breath.

There's no reason to be playing childish games like that. You grab your water bottle and chug half of it in just under fifteen seconds because your throat is feeling pretty dry.

What do you do?
> Down the rest
> Start taking notes
> Do a bottle flip
> Play Factorio

Okay, that last one may have been too much social commentary and not enough other things. I did it for realism, and to see  if I could write any character for most people to hate. Our protagonist,however, is not foul-mouthed like those guys. Now I'm finally going to get some shuteye this week before I start spouting non sequiturs everywhere.

Overwhelmingly pleased with your self control, you fail to notice your common sense lapse, and you watch yourself attempt a bottle flip even though you've not replaced the cap! You lunge forward to catch it but miss, so you just bring both hands down on the mouth of the plastic bottle as it lands, managing to prevent a catastrophic spill. You hear one person start clapping across the room but by the time you look up they've stopped. Your face once again burning in embarrassment, you reseat yourself, finish your water and grab a well-sharpened pencil from the secondary pouch of your calculator holster.

Professor Burquoath meanders into the classroom wearing his usual "Never Forget" shirt with the huge semicolon on it. You prepare to take notes, the first of which is that your bladder is starting to refill.

What do you do?
> Focus on the class material
> Go to the bathroom
> Play Factorio
> Loosen your belt

Sorry 'bout the delay folks, IRL happened and the boss wouldn't let me control until the body was about to pass out from exhaustion. As a tertiary personality I don't often get prime control time. Anyways enough about me, how are you doing? [6 Pts] ________________

I went through the trouble of going to class, might as well focus on it. You put on your mental blinders and make every effort to keep your attention from drifting.

Three hours of droning monologue later, you're hot, sweaty, thirsty and subtly twitching your hips from side to side in your chair, but you're certain you understand how while loops work now. While the condition is true, keep doing the stuff inside the loop you repeat mentally. Or was that a for loop? Shoot, I forgot already! Gonna have to look at the notes while I do the homework. You pack up your things and get ready to leave the room.

Having finished your bottle of water at the beginning of class, you're feeling pretty parched. There's a vending machine outside this room, but that only has soda and those green potato crisps.

What do you do?
> Go to the restroom
> Go to the vending machine
> Go to a dining hall
> Return to your room

No, I didn't forget what this site was about. Writing with a somewhat full bladder myself is pleasing, to say the least.

You pick up your bag and walk out of the room. You turn right and stroll over to the vending machine and look at what it has to offer as you rock gently due to your growing need.

What do you do?
> Buy a cola
> Buy a root beer
> Buy a cranberry soda
> Buy a bag of green potato crisps

Lecture is also probably the worst way to teach programming concepts. I hope you never encounter such a thing. Experimentation is the best way to learn, but even that is difficult when one does not wish to learn in the first place.

As you carefully contemplate the available beverages, someone behind you, apparently fed up with your indecision, swoops in front of you and takes the last cranberry soda. Rootbeer it is, you think resignedly. You insert your coins and select the root beer, and watch it tumble ingloriously from the shelf. You're pretty sure this machine wasn't intended to serve bottled drinks originally.

You break the seal on your full bottle of soda, and hope that the fizz doesn't spill over. However the bubbles show no sign of stopping, so you shove the mouth of the bottle into your own to avoid making a mess. The carbonated sugar water burns your tongue a little, but you enjoy the flavour anyways. Your bladder is feeling a little full now, so you can't quite keep still as you gulp down nearly the entire bottle.

Stepping outside, you hurry towards Normanspik Dining Hall. You round a corner and nearly collide with someone else! You do an evasive sidestep and half-turn to kill off your velocity while saying "Ah! Sorry!" involuntarily. It takes you a second to realise that the person you just dodged is Corbel.

He asks, "Sorry for what?"

"Sorry! Agh, I mean," you shake your head, "for almost bowling you over." You notice he's wearing his fleece jacket again. "Hey, where did you get that jacket?"

"Birthday gift" he replies, totally missing your meaning.

"No, I mean didn't you lend me that exact jacket earlier today?"

"Oh, this is a new one. I have a whole closet full of 'em." he explains.

Of course you do.

He continues, "You could keep mine if you want; they are mysteriously good at keeping you cool when it's hot and warm when it's cold. Though you still have my car keys and stuff..."

"Right, I do still." you agree. "I was going to Normanspik for first dinner. Wanna tag along and then I can grab your stuff and give it back?"

Your bladder however is feeling the effects of your two waters. Maybe you should find a bathroom first.

What do you do?
> Finish your root beer
> Find a bathroom
> Go to Normanspik
> Go to Anders instead

The mental image of Lys shoving a soda bottle into her face to stop it from exploding greatly amuses me for some reason.