Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Female Urinal Discussion

1 minute ago, Wombat48 said:

It’s an interesting point tho!

when I have been to USA it feels that there are lots of things that you have to pay for that you don’t pay for in uk

road tolls

health care

service in bars/restaurants

And the reason you pay all those is to go towards government funding and personal benefits. Same with taxes. That's why there are no pay to use bathrooms. 

Just now, TheMaskedVoid said:

And with how people are now and all these phones, someone could record an embarrassing video of you having an accident, upload it to vimeo or YouTube and bam, your accident video is seen all over the world and you're known as the girl/guy who wee'd/pooed him/herself because you were a penny short. 

That sound like the title of a story!!! ?

I do not favor pay toilets, but when they are privately owned and maintained the alternative may be no toilet at all.  However, in the US there are laws requiring toilets and hand washing facilities in restaurants, and other places do offer them to attract customers.  Rest rooms are generally available in most government buildings, but only available during their business hours.  

1 minute ago, Spectator9 said:

I do not favor pay toilets, but when they are privately owned and maintained the alternative may be no toilet at all.  However, in the US there are laws requiring toilets and hand washing facilities in restaurants, and other places do offer them to attract customers.  Rest rooms are generally available in most government buildings, but only available during their business hours.  

In the Uk it’s really only rail stations and not all, introduced since they were privatised/de nationalised sadly

25 minutes ago, Spectator9 said:

Restaurants (and private businesses like shopping complexes or movie theatres) do provide free to use toilets for paying customers. If it is a self service type of place, like a fast food chain, you can theoretically walk in, pee and walk out without buying anything. But that's quite cringe inducing to do some how. I would guess it is the same the world over.

Gas stations provide free to use toilets for the general public - apparently they are required to by law, but I think that's just an urban legend. It is done because that is the custom.

Government facilities, like civic body offices, public parks, hospitals, libraries etc also provide free to use toilets. (During their working hours, of course). Actually all public facilities, like banks and the larger places of worship, offer free toilet facilities to patrons.

Any place that charges for entrance - like a museum, provides free to use toilets.

Most railway stations have free to use urinals (both male and female) somewhere on the premises, if you look hard enough - but the pay & use are cleaner, have running water, offer more privacy, and are better maintained. Never seen a free to use facility in a public (as in maintained from government funds) bus station though.

Private bus stations do offer free to use toilets for paying customers. Again since they don't really check tickets before you enter, you can walk in, pee and walk out. But, cringe inducing.

Some places do offer free to use toilets to attract customers - this is especially common on highways between two popular urban centres, where they can expect enough people to actually spend money.

Not that different from the US system after all I guess ?

But we have seriously digressed from discussing female urinals ? May be this should be a different topic. Anyone "caught a penny short" can share their stories ?

[Btw not having cash is a very American thing. Unless you are living in extreme poverty, which is a different conversation all together, I can't imagine anyone in India not having the cash required to pay for a toilet. Actually even in extreme poverty you will probably have the cash, you just can't afford to literally piss it away]

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Edited by Mickey (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Mickey said:

[Btw not having cash is a very American thing. Unless you are living in extreme poverty, which is a different conversation all together, I can't imagine anyone in India not having the cash required to pay for a toilet. Actually even in extreme poverty you will probably have the cash, you just can't afford to literally piss it away]

Good point about Americans and cash.  A lot of people never carry coins in their pockets, and many Americans transact  financial business with either their smartphones or credit card so they don't carry cash at all.  Even newer parking meters don't operate with coins.