Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If you could have 1 super power what would it be?

And no saying the ability to replicate anyways super powers or somthing like that.

as a kid everyone always asks or gets asked whether they would rather fly or be invisible but i think most people would go fornorher things. For me id like to be a shape shifter. Flying? Become a bird! Want to bypass security some place? Turn into an ant and scurry past. Want to cross the oceans quickly, turn into a whale. Want to experience what peeing as a guy feels like? Ok maybe thats just me but still! Imagine the applications!

anyways what do you guys think?

Edited by Rileyy (see edit history)
14 minutes ago, BENAir01 said:

Oh haha, very funny. (That was a little sarcastic lol, but still a good pun. I appreciated it)

For me it would be the ability to read minds. Do they think Im weird? Does he like me? Is he into omorashi? Etc.

Ooh that is a good one. Your making me rethink my decision xD

21 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

China’s a superpower, just like the US and Russia

I get it now xD sorry

I want the power to repair and heal. If you've ever watched When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace, then I want Root of Origin, but it's much more likely you're familiar with Crazy Diamond, which gets the same point across, though it's not as powerful. The power to return things to their previous, perfect state. It has utility from something as small as fixing the scratches on a disc, all the way up to healing people. And it's the kind of power that can't be misused.

Edited by Captain L (see edit history)

I've been reading a superhero adventure series where the most dangerous supervillain in the setting is an otherwise ordinary guy who knows when people are lying to him or telling the truth, and he managed to leverage that into a tremendous criminal empire capable of going toe-to-toe with superheroes with the most advanced technology on and off the planet and even those chosen by actual Gods to carry their powers.

I don't know if I'd be able to pull off the same thing if I had that super power, but it would be nice to know if I was about to do business with somebody and know in advance if they were going to try to screw me. It would save a lot of time, money, and frustration.

Also, creative use would allow insight into people's "preferences" especially if they are the type to protest too much. Granted that might end up telling me things about some people I would rather not know, but everything's a trade-off.

Ideally, I'd like to have all the powers I do in Gmod. Being able to make anything I want out of thin air, flight, going through walls, teleporting, changing my appearance, respawning whenever I die, and so on.

To be less omnipotent though, I would say mind control. Introducing new ideas, making people forget things, being able to take total control. Basically Professor X.

In the perfect world and situation, I would like the power to freely change my age, gender and appearance whenever I wanted to, while still retaining my actual personality. I just think it would be fun, that's all. Completely useless, but fun.

Aside from that, I'd like the ability to perfectly recreate any object or item I have seen or have the knowledge of making. Kind of like Alchemy, but less restricted and without the detriment of potentially giving up an arm, a leg, a sibling and, if things get really bad, a dog and a daughter.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dontwanna

i wish i had the power to endogenously produce large rushes of endorphins and dopamine at will without the consequence of downregulating receptor systems in my brain

Guest Wetloverguy

Honestly, id love to have a power similar to big hero 6’s Yokai/ the ability to control little robots that can do anything I want 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like the ability to absorb and store energy from water, fire, wind, and electricty without taking damage.  I would then like to be able to release and manipulate  said power in any of the four forms listed above whenever i chose  and at whatever strength and velocity i wanted.

I would love to be able to heal people's injuries and illnesses, and perhaps even things like mental illness or the ability to subdue traumatic memories and triggers. Basically, I'd like to give people relief of the things that burden them. Although, I may try and use it in more subtle ways than just setting up shop somewhere, so long as I could use my powers to make a difference :) 

Guest RedFish3000

Well,let's see:

1 - I think I'd choose being able to read minds. With this power, I'd be able to get all kinds of important information, know when someone is lying to me, etc. It could be used for my own interests, such as knowing what another person thinks about me, or if someone is hiding something from me. However, it would also be possible to use it to help others. I'd be able to know what others are thinking and feeling, and that way, it would be much easier to understand them and help them.

2 - If my superpower wasn't reading minds, I think my second choice would be the ability to control time. Make it go slower, go faster, stop it, rewind it, etc. Just think of everything you could do with this power. Pretty much anytime something doesn't go the way you want, you could rewind time to try again. You'd have infinite opoortunities to do things that you'd normally only have one chance to do right. Not to mention, you could make time go faster when you're bored, or when you're running late. And just imagine everything you could do by stopping time. Now that I think of it, it's probably pretty overpowered.

3 - If I had to go for a third option, it would be a tie between psychokinetic powers and super speed. Psychokinetic powers could be useful in a great number of occasions. Whether it's to defend yourself and others from enemies, or just to grab an object that's just out of your reach when you're too lazy to move. Superspeed, on the other hand, would be useful to move around from one place to another in very little time, and to me, is just pretty cool Maybe Sonic the Hedgehog influenced a bit on me to really like that superpower, though. However, now that I think of it, what I could achieve with superspeed, could also be achieved by controlling time, so time control would be a more useful power.