Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

About Bladder Control...

This is something I wrote on my Tumblr page, that I wanted to share here as well. I'm kind of curious to see what or if other people think about this, or if I'm the only one, lol.. It isn't so much about bladder capacity as it is control, I guess... 

Something’s that’s always puzzled me for years is how a lot of my friends always could go so long without peeing.. Normally, I go to the bathroom every 2 or 3 hours, depending(maybe 4 or 5 if I’m dehydrated).. In high school, I would always go pee between each 90 minute class, not necessarily because I urgently had to pee, but because I didn’t want to get caught in that situation and be denied, even though I was already into pee-holding for fun since I was about 13 or 14(I liked holding to the bursting point, but in a safe environment, like home where there’s little real risk)…

So when I decide to have a holding session, I usually start by peeing, so my bladder is empty, and I immediately start drinking water, between 1.5 and 2 liters usually(I’ve measured my full bladder before, and it seems I can hold about 1 liter). I don’t exactly chug the water, but I try to get through all 2 liters in no more than 1 hour. It seems from the point I start drinking, it takes usually, about 2 hours before I’m absolutely bursting, leaking, and giving up. I’m still a fairly young guy, just turned 24. 

I like that I can get desperate that fast. It’s just always amazed me when I see other people who can go so many hours, some even a full day, without peeing. Like some of the videos I’ve seen or stories I’ve read where they drink fluids all day and somehow still manage to hold it for 12 hours or something like that. 

Does that mean I would be considered to have “weaker” bladder control? I can still sleep through a full night just fine, although most of the time I wake up with a slightly aching bladder. 

I was just kind of curious to see what other people think about this, and if there’s anyone else out there kind of like me. 

Thanks for the response, everyone... It kind of makes me wonder about the psychological effect, being kind of, obsessed with omorashi/pee desperation. Like, I can zone out and focus on a video game for like 4 or 5 hours without really feeling that strong of an urge. Yet, for instance, if I'm in class(college now, but was the same in high school), I would often think to myself things like "oh what if the bathroom's out of order?" or "what if I'm not allowed to leave class?" While those are fun for my holding fantasies, they kind of caused me more than a bit of stress in some real life situations. Lol, I'm wondering if focusing on needing to pee makes me need to go more.. It certainly works when I play water sounds during my holds, haha.. It seems over that over time, my bladder has grown in how much it can hold, yet I find myself needing to go a little more often than I was in middle school when I first started getting into omorashi. Back then I think my bladder could only hold like 500mL or so, but I could hold it for a while.. Now, 10 years later, my bladder can hold about 1000mL, yet it seems like I feel the urge to go more often... 

IDK if I'm just being weird about it not, but I don't really know where else to talk about this.. 

Yeah, I like to pee within 2-3 hours so I don't get desperate later, and it gets uncomfortable after that point depending on how much I had to drink. Although I know I could hold it for longer if I had to, though fear of having an accident in front of someone (as opposed to holding with the intention of losing control) might make a difference.

I've noticed quite a difference between deliberately holding and holding while working. My capacity while holding is bad with about 375ml until I burst.

But that one day after work, when the toilets were blocked and I was working under cleanroom conditions for hours, I came home incredibly desperate. 600ml. Thats the most I've ever measured. I still don't know just how people hold over 1000ml.

1 liter is above the average bladder capacity (around 400-800mL) so I don't think you have a weak bladder, maybe very fast kidneys ? I have the same max bladder capacity but it takes me hours to fill it completly if I don't drink tea (6-7 hours). I go to the bathroom around 4-5 times a day but I can hold for a very long time if I need to. Also, I'm a very short and thin girl so I usually drink only 1,5 - 2L a day if I don't exercise. I rarely wake up desperate and that's nice cuz I get to stay in my bed until 12 on the WE ! (yes I'm lazy) My last blood test showed that my kidneys were doing an excellent job but maybe they do it super slow...

On 21/02/2018 at 12:31 AM, BENAir01 said:

Yeah, I would say your bladder could be considered on the weaker side. Nothing wrong with that, but i would say it. 

On 21/02/2018 at 12:49 AM, CarmenCD said:

Yes, I think you have a weak bladder. I also have it and have to pee every 2 hours or so if I drink a usual amount of liquid for adult person.  In the morning when I wake up I have to pee urgently. I often even wake up in the middle of the night to pee. Weak bladder is a good thing if you enjoy wetting yourself otherwise is a nuisance. 

On 21/02/2018 at 9:49 AM, CountryGirl said:

Sounds like you’ve got a tiny bladder there hun.

On 22/02/2018 at 3:43 AM, Adrian6970wc said:

Although it varies a great deal depending on my health, the weather, what I've had to drink and what I'm doing, I'd class my bladder as being on the weak side of average.  By that I mean I'll typically pee every 2-3 hours, although my longest daytime holds on rare occasions have been up to 6 or 7 hours.  

Of course, i would have expected most of the omo community to have weak bladders

(again, mean that in the best possible way.)

On 2/22/2018 at 2:11 PM, luvmybladder4 said:

I WISH I could hold 1000mL during the day - as I get older my capacity has gotten smaller - lucky if I don't leak with only about 250mL, despite being on two OAB meds!  Do you show a bulge when full?

My bulge used to be visible. Sadly, I've gotten a little too chubby for it to really show anymore. :( 

I think there are several factors here, including the physical size of the bladder and the strength of the muscles involved, as well as the degree of fullness that triggers the peeing reflex and psychological factors.  All of these will determine your "bladder control".  Working to improve any of the factors may increase your overall control.

• 2 months later...

It may have less to do with bladder control and more to do with vasopressin levels in your body.  I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what all can affect that, but I do know that vasopressin is what regulates your body's water levels.  It's also called antidiuretic hormone (ADH), and among other things it's what slows down urine production when you're asleep.

If you've heard of the rapid desperation technique around these forums, that's basically screwing with ADH levels to fill up the bladder way faster.

You might have a slightly weak bladder, but how often you have to pee can vary greatly by how much you drink and other circumstances.  As I have gotten older I have bit of a problem with salty food.  If I eat much of it, my ankles will swell up and then a couple of days later I have to get rid of the water.  Sometimes when I am getting rid of water at work, I have to go every half hour or hour.  When I am doing a hold I can last several hours sometimes, though.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:29 AM, Spectator9 said:

I think there are several factors here, including the physical size of the bladder and the strength of the muscles involved, as well as the degree of fullness that triggers the peeing reflex and psychological factors.  All of these will determine your "bladder control".  Working to improve any of the factors may increase your overall control.

4 hours ago, Dynamic said:

It may have less to do with bladder control and more to do with vasopressin levels in your body.  I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what all can affect that, but I do know that vasopressin is what regulates your body's water levels.  It's also called antidiuretic hormone (ADH), and among other things it's what slows down urine production when you're asleep.

If you've heard of the rapid desperation technique around these forums, that's basically screwing with ADH levels to fill up the bladder way faster.

Spectator9 and Dynamic have both mentioned what I was thinking. If I was to prepare for a hold by drinking 2L in 1 hour I would absolutely have an accident. That's a lot of water in a short time, which as I understand it, will produce a greater fluctuation in vasopressin.

When I follow the rapid desperation technique I feel as though my bladder is shrinking, and when I do go potty I'm surprised at how little I held.

When I hold all throughout the day, not trying to get super desperate, I'll feel just a moderate urge to go Then when I do I feel like I'm peeing full-force for days.

On top of that I know it also depends on what I'm doing... If I'm wearing a pair of GoodNites, or diapers, there's no chance I'll hold it longer than 20 minutes, no matter what. I'm gonna pee in my big boy underpants.

Drinking a smaller amount more consistently is what really does it.  For example, something like drinking about 250ml every hour for 5-6 hours, reducing the time intervals toward the end.

In my experience, chugging a bunch of water hasn't worked out so well.

Bear in mind that the rapid technique does deplete the body of a bunch of really important minerals, so do be careful peeps.