Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Chinese diaper hoax

Okay, so a bit of background. Apparently long-term abuse of ketamine can lead to fibrosis of the bladder. Ketamine seems to be most popular as a party drug in Britain and China, but whereas in Britain they deal with fibrosis of the bladder by removing it and replacing it with a bag, in China you just wear diapers. So there are a number of PSA-type videos floating around out there of young Chinese people who wrecked their bladders warning others never to do drugs. These can make for good fap material if you enjoy young incontinent Asian women, and you don't mind masturbating to sad stuff. Here's an example.

So I was checking if there were any new Chinese ketamine PSAs out, and there was, sort of.

I. The Report

Dec. 27, 2017: Someone posts an article to Dcard (Dcard appears to be some type of Chinese social media or blogging platform). The poster claims to be a female college student condemned to a lifetime of diapers after her high school boyfriend got her hooked on K. She tells a cautionary tale of not being able to hold her pee for more than 10 minutes, then posts two selfies:

20171228003274.jpg.827e7a548647a77ad22df5488e426932.jpg

Due to the provocative nature of the images and the Chinese state media-friendly anti-drug message, it seems like just about every news source in China ran a nearly identical piece about the post. Here's the one from Yahoo news (which has the bonus feature of tantalizing clues about another ketamine incontinence Dcard post, this one from the perspective of an incontinent girl's boyfriend) [Google Translate link]

II. The Rebuttal

Shortly afterward, another Dcard user called bullshit. He found the brand of diaper (Tim Ning) isn't even sold anymore, and noticed that she was wearing at least two diapers in the picture. He pointed out that a young incontinent person wouldn't wear bulky tape diapers, they'd probably opt for pullups instead. And they definitely wouldn't wear two. The nail in the coffin was that the selfies turned out to originate from an ABDL site. He calls the images a "pirate map", or at least that's how Google translates it. I think it might be some Chinese idiom for stolen images? He says that stealing someone's pictures to make fake news is more disgusting than drug trafficking. [Google Translate link]

III. The Retraction

The next day, the Chinese news outlets who had published stories on the post published retractions. Each one had to awkwardly explain what ABDL was (and they were generally surprisingly cool about it. A few even took the time to reiterate that it's not pedophilia). The original photographer came forward with a statement (which I've only seen in image form, so I can't translate it. It seems to amount to "wow, sure glad I cropped my face out of those"). The person who posted the original post was banned from Dcard and the post was removed. There are literally hundreds of news pieces about this, so I'll let you pick and translate your favourite.

IV: Speculation

But who was OP? It seems strange to imagine a person stealing some ABDL selfies and making up an anti-drug story just for fun or attention. Could this have been literally government propaganda? You're the Chinese government and you just want the damn kids to stop doing drugs and being a burden on the economy. You can spend eleventy million yuan on subway ads, or you can hire a few copywriters to do things like this and tell the media to amplify it. If someone notices that it was fake, no big deal, it wasn't officially from the government in the first place.

This is completely unfounded, of course. But there are a few things about this incident that feel weird to me, even considering how weird it was to start with.

V: Bonus

A link to another article that contains some or all of the text from the other post referenced in the Yahoo article (the original post is no longer on Dcard): [Google Translate link]

Edited by supernerd222 (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TVGuy said:

Every day I have to deal with budgets, clients, deadlines, permitting issues, and more.  Through all that I do the very best I can to be a loving and attentive boyfriend.  I have absolutely 0 brain power left to even begin to think about state level ABDL conspiracies.

Spoken like a true sheeple. What's the singular of sheeple? Sheeperson?

Huh this is pretty interesting. When I was in China cocaine and meth were the main drugs of choice for their effects on productivity, while ecstasy and pot were typically at parties. I don't recall ketamine ever being used at my parties or even mentioned.

I doubt diapers will become more mainstream there because of the k-epidemic, since the average family income can barely let a new family afford diapers. I lived around a middle-class section of Beijing and while the markets did have diaper products, they were expensive and not many were in inventory. It just makes more sense economically and financially  to give infants split pants to pee in gutters around the city rather than deal with increased waste tonnage that ends up in a landfill.

On 27.2.2018 at 6:30 AM, razel said:

Huh this is pretty interesting. When I was in China cocaine and meth were the main drugs of choice for their effects on productivity, while ecstasy and pot were typically at parties. I don't recall ketamine ever being used at my parties or even mentioned.

I could imagine thats how they deal with the stress on them. Heared some intersting stories. 

On 27.2.2018 at 6:30 AM, razel said:

I doubt diapers will become more mainstream there because of the k-epidemic, since the average family income can barely let a new family afford diapers. I lived around a middle-class section of Beijing and while the markets did have diaper products, they were expensive and not many were in inventory. It just makes more sense economically and financially  to give infants split pants to pee in gutters around the city rather than deal with increased waste tonnage that ends up in a landfill.

Maybe they will not be at the broad mass, but I could imagine they could be in the higher class society. But I can still not think why people other than ABDL and some into Omorashi might really want to use/wear diapers, don't get me wrong with this, but this is what my experience told me. But is there any country where diapers are as mainstream as for example smoking or how mainstream is it? (I have heared of japan people buing more and more adult diapers, even outselling baby diapers, but this is more to the older part of the society, or am I wrong with this?)

• 6 months later...