Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

1 hour ago, S19YellowPengu said:

I've been hearing bad things about the remaster, why is that?

As far as I understand it, it does not change the base game very much at all, leading to people complaining about it not being worth the asking price. However, it's probably(?) worth it if you've never played DS1 before. Also it's the first time the game is released for a few consoles, like the Switch.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No but I have these *pulls out an eyepatch and pegleg*

PC gamers waiting for MH World be like

My favorite games recently have been Subnautica and Factorio (...and PUBG. Yep! Come at me, haters!) Subnautica - is amazing. I got it maybe a year back in early access, and it's been amazing fro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, S19YellowPengu said:

I've been hearing bad things about the remaster, why is that?

Mostly the harsher side of the fanbase. Reality didn't meet their expectations. They expected more to be done, and find the changes to be trivial.

I can't entirely disagree with them, but it's not like it was falsely advertised. It IS just a prettier looking Dark Souls 1 that runs at 60 fps (w/o glitching), and has a few quality of life changes and bug fixes. I understand some people saying it's basically all work that mods can do so they don't want to spend money on it.

I personally didn't expect, or even want, much more than a visually updated game and revived multiplayer so I was happy with the remaster overall. It was nice doing co-op with, and invading people who were clearly new at the game, instead of nothing but tryhards and hackers.

Not sure if this is the right place to do this, but I can't think of and don't see a better thread for it.

Would anyone here actually want to play games together sometime?

I know everyone has different tastes and it might be weirdish to play games casually with people off a pee fetish site, but I figure I should ask since I'm more than open to playing with others in LoL, HotS, Dark Souls, whatever and Idk where else to ask about this.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:38 PM, gwmp86 said:

Would anyone here actually want to play games together sometime?

Yeah, I'd be up for it, though my schedule is tighter nowadays than it used to be...
waits impatiently for vacation time to drop ? 
I've mostly just been playing quick stuff tho recently, OW, Fortnite, stuff to hop in and out of after an hour lol.
I need to set up a Factorio server on one of my AWS instances, if hosted's are a thing yet... I haven't really checked out the multiplayer there as of yet xP 

Ah, tight schedules definitely cause problems. I'm lucky enough to have tons of freetime, just all late at night in my area so I have none of my IRL friends to really play with.

I'd be down for OW or something though I'm not good at OW and have only played in practice. Never got into Fortnite cuz I fell off the BR train back in H1Z1's hayday.

Edited by gwmp86
More to say (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I smiled very big as soon as I saw this post :).

Old school runescape . Played a lot of growing up and now that you can play it mobile suits me well since I don't get home like I used too looking for friends to play as well if anyone likes it.

Prison architect. Also another mobile game I love the simple artwork and the relaxed feel of the game.

I'm a pretty Casual Gamer (plz don't hate me) so I really just play the games that happen to catch my eye every once in a while. That being said, I do have some titles I really enjoyed;

Kingdom Hearts: Obviously. I got into it wayyyyy late though (like fall of 2016) but I immediately fell in love with it. The story, the characters, the Disney tie-ins (I'm a Disney lover HA) made it easily my favorite franchise of all time. I'm just grateful I started when I did and don't have to wait as long for KH3 as some of the OG's did.

God of War: I understand why people call this the PS2's crowning jewel. Being a Greek mythology buff myself, I enjoyed traversing the realms of Mediterranean lore and the epic storyline to boot. Haven't played the new one, yet, but, I have plans too lol

Assassin's Creed: By now you can probably tell that RPG's are my favorite game styles lol. Before the abysmal cinematic adaptation and franchise fatigue, I really loved this game series. Being a bit of a history nerd (I project onto video games a lot I know leemelone) I really enjoyed being a part of some of the most pivotal moments in history as a shadowy member of a secret brotherhood. Plus hidden blade assassinations are still fun to do lawl

PS4 Spider-Man: Just started it and I already love it. Can't wait to finish it, and have somehow managed to avoid spoilers up to this point. Wish me luck, mates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 8:59 PM, Canticle Natura said:

Decided to buy a bunch of old CRPGs from GoG since they were on sale for a very cheap price and decided to start with the first Ultima game... Video games used to be so simple.

Skeleton.png

I'm a huge fan of Ultima, my dad introduced me to the Underworld series when I was a kid, and it blew me away. I ended up getting into old school The Bards Tale, and others. My favorite was probably Wasteland, although that's not a first person rpg. Have you ever played Legend of Grimrock? It's a phenomenal revival of the style, heard the new Wizardry was rad, haven't checked it out yet. I haven't had as much time as I'd like to invest in just getting weird and playing some oldschool rpgs, but I did manage to finish Witcher 3 after literally 2 years.