Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anxiety.... Much?

Guest Soma-Matic

Guest Soma-Matic

I have chronic Anxiety I have pop soma and klonopin like 3 times a day just to breathe.... and I feel like it's really unhealthy. My aunts all have the same condition but they're like doctors and important people. Anyone else have to take a handful of Xanax *any benzo* or *muscle relaxant* so they don't explode every day? ......... I have a real condition but I feel like I dunno alone.... Maybe I'm too post modern. 

Guest Soma-Matic
On 2/7/2018 at 10:54 PM, Brittanybunny said:

Thankfully no, i dont have to take pills for mine, course i dont know that for sure, ik if i get overwhelmed and anxious my chest gets tight and i go numb and freeze, in both ways, freeze to stand still and freeze as in my body gets cold, it really depends

Have you ever gone faint while driving, slowing down to catch your breath, I got auto-claustrophobia, getting a bigger car helped? That's when I realized I needed help.  I Just hate that the meds are a life sentence. My heart goes out to you for having  panic attacks. I'll give you one huge trick it sounds counter intuitive but let it run across it it's like that movie the Labryinth when she says "You have no power over me"... 

On 6/2/2018 at 6:09 AM, Soma-Matic said:

I have chronic Anxiety I have pop soma and klonopin like 3 times a day just to breathe.... and I feel like it's really unhealthy. My aunts all have the same condition but they're like doctors and important people. Anyone else have to take a handful of Xanax *any benzo* or *muscle relaxant* so they don't explode every day? ......... I have a real condition but I feel like I dunno alone.... Maybe I'm too post modern. 

I also suffer of anxiety attacks disorder since I was a little child. I remember having attacks when I was 4 or 5, till now. For a lot of time I didn't care of myself, arriving also on trying to kill myself more than once. My parents weren't helping at all: they made (and make) me feel like I was (am) some sort of lunatic or selfish person, because (like they said) "I'm creating all this anxiety in my mind". They refused me medical interest for so long. In their opinion I was the problem, I was trying to focus attention on me... Well, as you know, that's not how it works.

My studies and also my work helped me a lot to understand that I was not the problem and I was not alone. I'm a pharmacist (soon to be, just need to graduate first): during my daily work period in a pharmacy, I encountered a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people with my (our) same disorder. With some of them I spoke freely about meds and therapies and so on.

Now I'm working out with my mind to be better and to feel better: in some cases, like mine (and yours, according to what you wrote), patients needs medication, like benzos or antipsychos. Since October I'm taking 15 drops/per day of Escitalopram (Cipralex) to keep in balance and reduce (NOT delete or eliminate, it's impossible without an almost complete sedation) attacks and 50 mg Alprazolam pills (aka Xanax) in case I need something pronto (max 2 per day) - and it's more frequent than I would. Plus I'm attending psychotherapy: that really changed my status, from being a dull self-inflicted pain-maker to a recovering normal guy.

Sorry, I wrote too much about myself. I just wanted to express how you're not alone, there are a lot of people in the same condition as we are.

Guest Soma-Matic
9 hours ago, 126 said:

My studies and also my work helped me a lot to understand that I was not the problem and I was not alone. I'm a pharmacist (soon to be, just need to graduate first): during my daily work period in a pharmacy, I encountered a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people with my (our) same disorder. With some of them I spoke freely about meds and therapies and so on.

I was groomed to be a pharmacist by my pharmacist mother (rip whatever)... It wasn't me. I was a slacker, a hacker, a midnight yacker but not a pill pusher. You ever heard that Gaba agents can make it worse? You ever heard of state dependent memory? I feel like.... weening off the gabamengerics, going back to the first thing I took at 7 *surmontil*.... and starting at the begining to figure myself out I just feel like it will end the same way as the film "Pi". Feel free to PM me if you wanna go deeper on this topic, 

Guest Soma-Matic
19 hours ago, Brittanybunny said:

There have been time when im driving and if i do something wrong or get lost, i get cold like im getting frost bite, and i can feel my heart beat slow and feel tight in my chest, i kinda hyperventilate depending on how anxious i am, i get panic attacks and anxiety attacks constantly, it feels like im gonna pass out at times or my heart is gonna stop

You are so not alone one trick I can tell ya is just let it take ya.... it sounds like the opposite reaction we want to have ya know, we want to clinch up and stop, but just let it run like a fountain.