Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What do you drive?

Guest Soma-Matic

Guest Soma-Matic

I drive a Chrysler 300.... about 106k miles, 22" rims... Jet black, no cracks in leather, very clean, upgraded suspension, Limited and Touring Package. 6 disc changer with nothing but grunge rock, and smashing pumpkins. I first had their Siamese Dream CD when I was 6. 

Edited by Soma-Matic
Grammars LOL (see edit history)
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In many countries, manual is still considered the default, while automatic is an upgrade. I've never actually driven an automatic! My daily driver, the van I use for work ('08 Ford Transit, 1.8

Nice. I just really like diesel trucks for some reason haha

Probably the best car I've ever owned was an old Saab 900S convertible. Big old lump, but totally bulletproof. Other than servicing, it didn't cost me a penny in repairs/maintenance. Then I fooli

Posted Images

Must say I’m more of a fan if stock cars then upgraded ones but I drive an ‘05 Acura TSX with a six speed manual. Only 65k miles. One hell of a fun car! And when I’m home from college I drive quite a bit in my dads 2014 Mercedes E350 Wagon...  now that feels fancy!

I still remember my first car, a minivan. It was a Honda Odyssey, lasted me about a year before it broke down one last time, 140k I’m the clock. Served me well and made me that cool high school dad with the mom van. I miss it. 

Edited by BENAir01 (see edit history)
Guest Soma-Matic
15 minutes ago, BlueWetter said:

My daily driver is a '99 F-350. Has a heavily modified diesel engine and transmission.. 

On nice days, I pull my '98 Mustang GT with a 5 speed manual out of the garage and let it run

I'm still afraid to learn manual they call it a Millennial anti-theft device lol. 

In many countries, manual is still considered the default, while automatic is an upgrade.
I've never actually driven an automatic!

My daily driver, the van I use for work ('08 Ford Transit, 1.8l diesel) is a manual, even though it's not at all a "sporty" car. Once you get used to it (which does not take long), you kinda stop thinking about shifting and clutching and all that, it just becomes second nature. Like breathing or walking.

I can't imagine not driving a manual car. It really doesn't take much thinking about at all, even in bad traffic where you're forever changing gear and having to select the right one when things pick up again. On the other hand, whenever I've driven an automatic (not very often at all!), I found it very difficult to suppress the natural action of trying to press the clutch when slowly coming to a stand and coming to a very sudden stop, having pressed down hard on the brake pedal instead...!

Guest Soma-Matic

@linkx nice I love the viper it was so iconic as a kid. I never see them for sale but I see them on the road so people hold onto them. 

3 hours ago, DesperateDawn said:

I drive a Renault Clio 2005 model. It's my first car, don't judge me!

Better than my first Ride.... by far. 

• 6 months later...

I own two vehicles currently.  A 2000 Crown Victoria P71 and a 2007 Crown Victoria P71.  They're both from the same county and are unlocked with the same key (which also is shared with a local city I live near and I can unlock their Crown Vics too....)  Both were ex police cruisers and I still have their unit numbers.

2000 (145k miles, unknown idle hours) is heavily modified (which is especially risky or outright illegal in California).  Custom tune, transmission shift kit, custom exhaust, limited slip differential with 3:55 gearing, higher performance intake manifold, upgraded performance suspension all around, bigger waterpump in the block, bigger swaybars front and rear along with polyurethane bushings.  Also came stock from the factory with no ABS.  I'm looking at upgrading the rear control arms soon and am also building a project piece that will be a dummy headlight to allow more airflow into the intake.  The 2000 takes turns incredibly well, chirps tires when shifting, along with the belt at times.  Still has police equipment installed as well (spots, pushbar, other goodies).  Also has stickers and other things to clearly show its not a police car.  Its hated by both the police and regular folks.

2007 (119k miles, 4444 idle hours) is modified but not nearly to the status of my 2000.  More set up for daily use and honestly I never finished all the fixes on it (cruise control doesn't work and the ABS module has failed).  I did almost all the repairs on it myself  Replaced the intake manifold, spark plugs, water pump, alternator, fuel filter....some other stuff I can't remember honestly.  Can double as an off road vehicle and has taken curbs no problem.  Has larger wheels which reduces the gear ratio, but improves mileage and handles offroad better.  Uses standard police parts for suspension (HD parts, not performance).  Still has police equipment installed as well.  This vehicle got some Umbrella Corporation decals as it was originally going to be a Zombie Outbreak Response Unit (ZORU), but I let off on the project mid way through as I believe I'll be selling it soon.

Both cars have the stock police style steel rims with center caps.

Once I get rid of the 2007 I'll be looking into a Scion FRS/Toyota GT86/Subie BRZ.

For those of you wondering, idle hours....per Ford...are 33 driven miles.  So while my 2007 has less mileage, if you add in the hours (4444 x 33 = 146652 + 119000 = 265,562 miles), its a lot more.  The problem?  They only started monitoring idle hours via the odometer in 2006.  So anything before 2006 has no documentation of how many hours it has sat idling.  Chances are my 2000 has something similar.  The school of thought on police cruisers is take your mileage and double it and you have a realistic expectation of what the car has on it.  That being said these cars can live up to 400k miles on the odometer, not counting idle hours, easy on the original engine.

Edited by PWG
explained what idle hours are (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with my dad's old car, a 2004 Lexus RX 330 w/ almost 220k miles on it, but it still drives relatively well ? (still hogs premium gas like a mofo tho). I believe my mom wants me to sell it and just take her 2013 Lexus ES 300h, which will save on gas, but have a much less powerful engine (A 3.3L V6 vs a like 1.4L or something engine + electric motor).

LUCKILY (or unluckily), my dad is unable to drive rn, so I get to drive his new 2019 (or 2018? I forgot) Lexus 450hL. Yes, he wanted to drive the same car so he just bought a new one, haha. I want to get a GT86 also, since it's relatively cheap and somewhat practical in terms of MPG, but I want to also see if Mitsubishi will ever make a new Evo :>.

Update, looks like I'm selling off my 2007 P71.  Friend wants it really badly so I'm letting it go.  I'm going to let it go for almost no money as I'm not looking for any profit on that car.  Its already left the property for the time being and being driven around.  My friend said its a really nice ride compared to his previous Crown Vic.

Which in a way is actually a blessing.  The small block 4.6L V8 that these cars use are absolute garbage on gasoline.   And having two 4.6Ls is just..no thanks.

That being said the next step is hopefully a Subie/Scion/Toyota BRZ/FR-S/GT86 as previously mentioned in my last post.  I want a 4 cylinder, rear wheel drive car and this car would fit the bill.  It puts out about 20 less horsepower than my Crown Vic as well so power to weight ratio won't be awful.  I could also track down a Mazda Miata though to fit the bill as well.  4 cylinders will give me better mileage but RWD will keep it fun.  Mitsu Evo MR would fit the bill though AWD....and it suffers a bit in the gas department since its a turbo'd 2L I4.  But for now, just one Crown Vic.  Soon hopefully though, new 4 banger.  Still gonna stash some cash for more mods for the 2000 though.

Edited by PWG (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...