Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

35 Hours?

So I was reminded of this little incident whilst talking with an old roommate the other day.

My freshman year I got pretty sick. No idea what I had, but I remember feeling like absolute garbage. I got up Friday morning and went to softball practice (grudgingly). So about 4:30-6:30 am. It was absolute torture and I was sure I was going to die. 

I went back to my dorm trying to convince myself that it was Friday, and I could tough it out for the day and just relax for the weekend. Showered, threw on sweats and a tee... and laid on my bed... my roommate kept nudging me asking if I was going to class and reminding me we only had a few minutes to leave for our 7am class. I assured her that I was ready to leave and would go. At the last minute I decided nothing could get me back out of bed. This is the last thing I remember before waking up.

My roommate, who was feeling fine, dressed, and ready to go to class at this point, decided she didn’t like how I looked and wanted to keep an eye on me. Changed into loungewear, turned her humidifier on, and got into bed and also fell asleep.

So this was around 7am Friday morning. We woke up at 6pm SATURDAY to our friend knocking on our (ground floor) window. We looked around sleepily at each other, opened the blinds and then the window to be greeted with:

”Are you guys okay? Nobody’s seen you or heard from you in two days.”

It took a bit for it to sink in, but we finally realized that we slept completely undisturbed from 7 o’clock Friday morning to 6 o’clock Saturday night.

I know I had to pee when I got up, but honestly I’ve woken up more desperate. My roommate didn’t rush off either. Neither of us wet the bed, and neither of us remember waking at all. Nobody on our floor could remember seeing us at all for the two days. I have no idea what to make of that. Any ideas?