Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The frustrating part of being a wetting video producer

On 1/15/2018 at 12:18 AM, TVGuy said:

it sometimes means living on nothing but canned soup and bread for a month

When you're in a "period of extra wealth," I would recommend finding a basic rice cooker. In the times where I was in the same ascetic situation, I've found that rice is generally cheaper than bread (at least where I was in the US at the time) and you can do much more with it than with bread, unless you purposefully hunt for the discounted 59 cent loaves at grocery stores. For meat, I would usually get a cheap pork roast and slow cook that. I believe it is cheaper than canned meat in the long run, excluding Vienna Sausages. ~$7-8 worth of stew meat, curry mix and onions can last about a week if you eat it once a day and goes great with rice. Alternatively, Whole oats microwaved in milk can be a hearty breakfast that is on the cheaper end of the spectrum. A multivitamin of course can be used to eliminate any nutrient deficiencies you might encounter from this way of living.

Anyway, didn't mean to get too off-topic. I just wanted to share some of what I know, though at this point I'm sure you already have this pretty down pat considering how long you've been in the business. Good luck, I hope your future endeavors go well and that you're in the black soon.

Honestly, it really is a shame that you aren't in a location near some of the other members here, I'm sure an assistant or two, hell just someone to hold the mic while you shoot would help immensely, and many people would do it just for the thrill of "being on set". I know from my time in theater and amateur film that production is hell at the best of times, especially finding locations to shoot at. It really is a testament though because of how much your site means to everyone here that the work you are doing is great, and I hope that you can muddle through this and get a nice permanent place to shoot at.