Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Fishy's interactive story

I was inspired by Sushi to create my own interactive story! Go check out her's here! :)

HOW THIS WORKS:

• When detailing a character, location, item, or anything else, the first reply after the introduction will be chosen. You cannot detail something twice in a row. If your description was chosen last time, then please let others have a go! :)
  • Choosing a numbered option is best of five. This will increase to ten if and when the thread becomes popular enough. In the event of a tie, one of the tied options will be chosen at random.

I hope we can all have a lot of fun with this! It should be a great way for me to practice and get more art done, while you can enjoy choosing the direction of this story and expanding it's universe! I did have a little backstory planned, however, I've decided to shelve it and have this story start in the most minimal way possible. What better way to start than with an almost completely blank canvas? That way, you can get the most out of this thread! I will—of course—be writing bits of story myself, just to keep it moving. Think of it as you providing me with the fabric and me stitching it all together! I can't wait to see where this story ends up further down the line! :)

So it begins!

1.thumb.png.6324ce088e60b703143bbea00a80eb89.png

You open your eyes and find yourself staring directly into a body of water. Some movement somewhere has caused ripples to move across it's surface. As the water calms, you see your face start to come into view, set against the backdrop of an almost completely clear sky. The sun is shining and it's a lovely, warm summer's day. Looking at yourself, what do you see?

>Insert name, gender, and physical characteristics.

Edited by Fishy
Reworded a sentence, corrected punctuation placement (comma), and added punctuation (comma). (see edit history)

Name: Marie (whatever, a name's a name)

Physical Characteristics: black hair with the bangs combed over to one side. Grey eyes that have some flecks of green I them. Average looks, nothing special, but calling her plain would be an insult. I'm feeling a punk-ish wardrobe would be quite fitting, it's dually feminine and a bit tomboyish. The best of both worlds.

[I really hope this makes sense, I'm typing this on my phone while on the brink of dozing off.]

Name: Marie, because hey why fix it if it aint broken?

Age: 21- To get her a comfortably out of the barely legal zone.

Physical characteristics:

*Olive skin with a light dust of freckles, hazel eyes and messy brown hair.

*Likes comfortable, baggy clothing that are easy to move around in.

*Too lazy to put on makeup on a daily basis.

*Kinda looks like they just got out of bed and it's laundry day.

---

Looking forward to seeing where you'll take us, Fishy! Rooting for you.:grin:

13 hours ago, JLH99 said:

Name: Marie (whatever, a name's a name)

Physical Characteristics: black hair with the bangs combed over to one side. Grey eyes that have some flecks of green I them. Average looks, nothing special, but calling her plain would be an insult. I'm feeling a punk-ish wardrobe would be quite fitting, it's dually feminine and a bit tomboyish. The best of both worlds.

[I really hope this makes sense, I'm typing this on my phone while on the brink of dozing off.]

56 minutes ago, Nelipot said:

Name: Marie, because hey why fix it if it aint broken?

Age: 21- To get her a comfortably out of the barely legal zone.

Physical characteristics:

*Olive skin with a light dust of freckles, hazel eyes and messy brown hair.

*Likes comfortable, baggy clothing that are easy to move around in.

*Too lazy to put on makeup on a daily basis.

*Kinda looks like they just got out of bed and it's laundry day.

---

Looking forward to seeing where you'll take us, Fishy! Rooting for you.:grin:

While I appreciate you both posting descriptions, I did put in the main post that the first reply (that being Maxine's) would be chosen. This is to prevent having a load of different replies describing a single character. You've got more of a chance now, however, as Maxine can't describe anything else until someone else has had a go (I think that's fair). 

I'm getting the next part ready and I'll post it here ASAP! And I'm glad, Nelipot! Thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

To those who are following this thread: apologies for the wait and thank you for your patience. I've been struggling to get the next illustration done. I've got Marie's appearance down, but I'm trying to draw her in a way that I'm happy with her. I've tried a couple of times and both times I've not been completely happy with the outcome. I'm a perfectionist and I won't share anything if I'm not happy with it. I've also been extremely lazy over the past week and haven't had much motivation to get art done. However, drawing her is the only thing left to do, and I will post the next part as soon as she's ready!

The fact that this has taken so long has made me have second thoughts about this thread. However, I remembered that it serves as a way for me to practice (art isn't my strongest area, and I really want to improve). Things will likely get quicker over time as I get into the flow of creating illustrations regularly.

Edited by Fishy
Reworded reply. (see edit history)