Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

My Secret Garden by Nancy Friday

Anyone remember the book My Secret Garden from the 80s?

https://www.amazon.com/My-Secret-Garden-Nancy-Friday/dp/1416567011

My friend showed me the book (maybe it was his mom's or sister's)...and in it there is fantasy section from a woman who shares that her kink is pee desperation!

I remember her saying that when she sees a person, a child (or even an animal (?!)) her very first thought is whether they need to pee.

It really made me feel less unusual to have my little interest. 

The book overall was an eye-opener to a 17 year-old boy! Haha

Haha.

I wonder if those essays: one from My Secret Garden (but I bet you'd love the whole book!) and Men In Love are available online somewhere.

The books are pretty cheap now. I guess I could buy those as it's been so long it would be fun to revisit them.

It's pretty standard stuff that's now readily available right here on this board, Rachel. But for reals -- you should get My Secret Garden. :)

i’m usually a lurker rather than an active participant, but if rachel is demanding answers, who am i to withhold them? i haven’t been able to find any excerpts online and it’s been awhile since i read these but as i recall:

creativepup is correct in the story that he mentions, which was probably the hottest one in the book to me. it’s a story from a guy recalling his relationship with a nurse. they are driving home one night both desperate to pee and the nurse says it’s bad for their health to hold it in so they each pee a little in their pants. when they get home, they masturbate each other in the kitchen to climax and then he writes something to the effect of “then we urinated where we stood, in our clothes.” i think the same writer then describes a fantasy of a woman driving a sportscar who can’t hold it and is forced to pee her pants. when she gets home, she puts a pair of sweatpants on over her wet pants and wets herself again, watching the spreading stain in the mirror (something many of us can relate to, i’m sure!).

there’s at least one other story in there of a guy driving around with his girlfriend and she’s desparate to pee. they pull into a gas station but the bathroom is closed or out of order, so she stands there asking him to do something until her shorts begin to darken and she pees down her legs. he gets so turned on they drive somewhere nearby and fuck in the car.

those are the ones i remember and they were a big deal to find in the ‘80s/early ‘90s before the internet really happened. there’s also a pretty good scene in friday’s book, my mother, myself, where she’s a tween or early teen and she’s with her friend (sophie, i think), hiding somewhere and watching sophie’s sister kiss her boyfriend goodnight. this is followed by a sentence like, “sophie got so excited, she wet the floor.” i used to read that passage over and over as a young pantswetting and diaper enthusiast.

Edited by sorjello (see edit history)
On 12/22/2017 at 3:03 PM, sorjello said:

i’m usually a lurker rather than an active participant, but if rachel is demanding answers, who am i to withhold them? i haven’t been able to find any excerpts online and it’s been awhile since i read these but as i recall:

creativepup is correct in the story that he mentions, which was probably the hottest one in the book to me. it’s a story from a guy recalling his relationship with a nurse. they are driving home one night both desperate to pee and the nurse says it’s bad for their health to hold it in so they each pee a little in their pants. when they get home, they masturbate each other in the kitchen to climax and then he writes something to the effect of “then we urinated where we stood, in our clothes.” i think the same writer then describes a fantasy of a woman driving a sportscar who can’t hold it and is forced to pee her pants. when she gets home, she puts a pair of sweatpants on over her wet pants and wets herself again, watching the spreading stain in the mirror (something many of us can relate to, i’m sure!).

there’s at least one other story in there of a guy driving around with his girlfriend and she’s desparate to pee. they pull into a gas station but the bathroom is closed or out of order, so she stands there asking him to do something until her shorts begin to darken and she pees down her legs. he gets so turned on they drive somewhere nearby and fuck in the car.

those are the ones i remember and they were a big deal to find in the ‘80s/early ‘90s before the internet really happened. there’s also a pretty good scene in friday’s book, my mother, myself, where she’s a tween or early teen and she’s with her friend (sophie, i think), hiding somewhere and watching sophie’s sister kiss her boyfriend goodnight. this is followed by a sentence like, “sophie got so excited, she wet the floor.” i used to read that passage over and over as a young pantswetting and diaper enthusiast.

Wow I need to find these essays, I had no idea...I mean the Secret Garden was always ripe with 'discovering your sexuality' vibes but wow! Thanks hun!

On 12/23/2017 at 9:54 AM, Weasel said:

I read the "driving around story" in "Men in Love" so often I could probably re-type the whole thing from memory. 

"I'll never forget my excitement as she ran to the bathroom and found it taken..."  -- and I'll never forget my excitement at reading that story! 

OMG please do!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 12:30 PM, rachelkirwan said:

Wow I need to find these essays, I had no idea...I mean the Secret Garden was always ripe with 'discovering your sexuality' vibes but wow! Thanks hun!

OMG please do!

Hmmmm. That was a bit of a brag, but let's see what I can do. And then someone with access to the book can check and see how right I was. 

The letter was from "Melvin," and it's not very long. He starts off with some sentence about how he got turned on by women having to pee or peeing themselves... after that I think I can pick up the thread. 

"I guess it comes from an actual happening. I was out late one night and my wife had to piss. I drove around looking for a place to stop until she was nearly frantic. Finally I stopped at a gas station. I'll never forget my excitement as she ran to the bathroom and found it taken. She ran back and asked me what she could do. She was biting her lip. I looked down and she was wetting her cut-off jeans. She got back into the car and we drove home. When we pulled into the driveway we had sex right there. I didn't care if anyone saw us. Now every now and then my wife gets dressed up and waits as long as she can until she wets herself. It's a great turn-on." 

That is... nowhere near perfect. But it gives you some of the flavor. The "Cyrus" story that sorjello mentioned was better-written and longer, but something about the sheer realness of the story made me love this one.