Sign in to follow this  

Best Site for Omo-related Commission Payment?

Question

Hello everyone~

I was thinking I could do sketch commissions for everyone, but the problem is, Paypal doesn't like this kind of content ;;

For those who already distribute/buy omo related content, what site/service do you use? I just dont really wanna risk anything

Thanks so much for the help!

2 answers to this question

PayPal has become a bit more lax recently (eg allowing merchants dealing in adult content), to the point that OmoOrg supports it again, but unless you intend to set up a business account for coms (which requires you to be/have a legally registered business), or you publicly promote your PayPal address in connection with these coms, it's not much of any concern either way.

You can easily accept payment via "goods and services" through your personal PayPal account (I do this all the time selling PC parts on HardwareSwap), though you must be sure that your customers select "digital goods", or else you'll have some trouble with PayPal wanting a tracking number for a package that doesn't exist.

You can also accept via "friends and family", which shifts the fee burden to the sender, but means your customers will not have PayPal's purchase protection, which may dissuade some people. This is technically against the PayPal TOS, since you are in fact providing them a good or service, though, so while the risk is low, it's safer to ask commissioners to pay via "goods and services" and just take the fee hit yourself.

Every commission I've ever paid for has been through PayPal, fwiw, and it seems like the most common method of payment for this sort of thing. PayPal's ubiquity, ease of use, and level of consumer trust is unmatched, and for good reason.

There's always crypto though, if you want to go that route ;)

Yeah I used paypal for the art commissions I did about a year ago or so. They used to not wanted to be associated with adult sites, but for art commissions I don't think it's ever been an issue, regardless of the nature of the art.