Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bulmafan97 Comic Commissions 2018 (not yet open)

With every new comic I publish I get a request or two at my door, either for another story found on the Internet or an original one. It's enough that coupled with the immense success I've had this fall here with my regular comics, I figure it's definitely something to branch into and expand my services with. Let me begin by saying this is not a call for commissions YET, and when it does become one any requests I receive won't be started until at least March. The way this is going to work - in a way that won't crunch time needed for my usual releases - is that I will do one commission a month on a first come first serve basis. I'll open up commissions for a day or so and assign months and go from there. I'm saying all this now to give time to think about it, because I'm also going to go into pricing.

The comics I'll do will be more or less what I've already been publishing. Whereas the prices on those are determined by page count, these will be priced based on the content - how much needs to be drawn and manipulated to make the finished thing. How this will work is you bring the story and I'll give an estimate based on the below criteria. If you like it then I'll draw up a rough template of what it'll be and a timeline, and if you like it that's when the first half of payment will be due, likely via Paypal. During production you get full transparency and involvement - you get input and approval on things like character designs and requested 'money shots', as well as updates as pages are finished. The rest of the payment happens upon delivery.

I've separated the levels of productions into 2 tiers below.

Tier 1 stories feature 1 character having 1 pee situation told over a few paragraphs, with a few background elements to ground it perhaps, for $20. The comic "Accident in College" is a perfect example of a tier 1. Some stories may require a side character or 2, but if they only appear once or twice they could still be a tier 1 just priced at $25.

Tier 2 stories have 2 characters - 1 main, 1 supporting - and/or some extra environments, starting at $30. Tier 2's can also be unusually long tier 1 stories, since they would equate to more poses needed. The more background characters and sets required, the higher the price. Same with length, one like "Hospital Burst" would be a cheap tier 2 but one like "Held It Too Long" could run $40 since it includes multiple x-ray layers, a few matte paintings and in fact the bonus wetting could even bump it up to $45 had it been a custom. Which brings me to...

Tier 3 stories, these have 2 or more characters that require high amounts of drawings, and/or if the environment is important enough to need full art pieces done for them. Any comics about bathroom lines or involving crowds instantly fall in this category no matter the length - at this point it's dollars per head and each extra design adds to the cost. These start at $50 but depending on the content they could run more. It's like if you buy a gaggle of hookers, I'm not certain but I don't think they do bulk deals - you pay for each girl, as crude as my analogy is.

Basic animations as my other comics have had are negotiable, but any animation adds at least $50 since that does take more time. You might have noticed I only mentioned pee and wettings, for good reason. If you want a poop story personally done, it's double the usual prices. Sorry, but I'm really not a fan of messing and defecation - only the stories that click with me will I tackle voluntarily, so work involving it costs more. Similarly if the characters you're wanting are male, prices are tripled. A tier 1 would start at $60, tier 2 at $90, tier 3 at $150. Again, just business. 

I'll likely update this post in the near future so ponder over my offers here and if it interests you, keep an eye out for when I open for business. I hope I'm being fair because you guys have definitely boosted my artistic enterprises this year and I wanna keep going to give you all more of what you want. 

Edited by Bulmafan97 (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

Wanted to update folks that I'm likely gonna be moving into a new graphic design job and thus new apartment as well in the coming months, so while I don't expect this to disrupt regular comic postings much, this does mean commissions will be on hold until the summer. Same prices as method of doing things, just a little longer wait til things get going.

4 hours ago, S19YellowPengu said:

I hope your thread doesn't become something like @forexposure_txt. Then again, I don't really see that on this site.

(In case you don't know, @forexposure_txt is a twitter profile that has images of real conversations where people expect artists to work for free. The name comes from some people offering "exposure" instead of paying)

Lol don’t worry, every commission request has been willing to pay. Free work doesn’t happen