Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Does choking cause people to wet themselves?

Totally possible I was very sick last week and the weeks prior that I was coughing so hard that I was chocking and in the process I lost control of my bladder and peed myself on many occasions in fact I became incontinent through the entire cold. I was coughing so hard and fast that I was choking and could not breathe, during the struggle I pee myself I also throw up a few times. I was kind of embarrassed because I usually have really good bladder control. It was so bad that on a few occasions at the start of the cold I emptied my full bladder in public after that I was stared using diapers. I was in diapers for more than 3 weeks after the first 5 days the cough put some much strain on my core muscles that it hurt to breathe. It also put so much strain on bladder that I just couldn't hold it and would often pee myself without even knowing. Probably the worst cold I have ever had, I had to go the ER for the fist time in my life. I must have been a pleasant site to my girlfriend a 28 year old guy in diapers peeing and trowing up I am just glad I made it through it.  

9 hours ago, rsb5400 said:

Totally possible I was very sick last week and the weeks prior that I was coughing so hard that I was chocking and in the process I lost control of my bladder and peed myself on many occasions in fact I became incontinent through the entire cold. I was coughing so hard and fast that I was choking and could not breathe, during the struggle I pee myself I also throw up a few times. I was kind of embarrassed because I usually have really good bladder control. It was so bad that on a few occasions at the start of the cold I emptied my full bladder in public after that I was stared using diapers. I was in diapers for more than 3 weeks after the first 5 days the cough put some much strain on my core muscles that it hurt to breathe. It also put so much strain on bladder that I just couldn't hold it and would often pee myself without even knowing. Probably the worst cold I have ever had, I had to go the ER for the fist time in my life. I must have been a pleasant site to my girlfriend a 28 year old guy in diapers peeing and trowing up I am just glad I made it through it.  

I think we're all glad you made it. Bloody hell that sounds rough.

I have choked on food a few times, but no accidents happened during the process, sorry. Possibly not severe enough or maybe it only happens to some people.

Since ordinary people start wetting them self even when holding breath for like 40+ seconds, I think choking would definitely make you wet yourself, since you add fear for your life to deprivation of air. But I wouldn't recommend doing it, because it's too dangerous. Things could go seriously wrong when doing that, even if it's a part of a sexual game with your partner.

I didn't know about it, but  coughing very hard can make people leak so it's not surprising. 

18 hours ago, CarmenCD said:

Since ordinary people start wetting them self even when holding breath for like 40+ seconds

40+ seconds seems a bit small, I mean, I used to play holding breath game contests with my friends and nobody ever wet. (Not the dangerous ones, just holding our breathe on purpose to see which one could stay underwater the longest and adults were there) I also saw quite a lot of people choking when I worked at the hospital and they didn't peed themselves. I know that the brain can make many weird things when deprived of oxygen but they didn't taught us that in medical school or free-diving lessons.

23 hours ago, Pc Genie said:

I have choked on food a few times, but no accidents happened during the process, sorry. Possibly not severe enough or maybe it only happens to some people.

Maybe it depend on people, I choke on food or drink quite often (it was even worse when I was little) so I'm glad it never happened to me ! 

Edited by Ely (see edit history)
14 minutes ago, Ely said:

I didn't know about it, but  coughing very hard can make people leak so it's not surprising. 

40+ seconds seems a bit small, I mean, I used to play holding breath game contests with my friends and nobody ever wet. (Not the dangerous ones, just holding our breathe on purpose to see which one could stay underwater the longest and adults were there) I also saw quite a lot of people choking when I worked at the hospital and they didn't peed themselves. I know that the brain can make many weird things when deprived of oxygen but they didn't taught us that in medical school or free-diving lessons.

Maybe it depend on people, I choke on food or drink quite often (it was even worse when I was little) so I'm glad it never happened to me ! 

I almost always loose control of my bladder after 40 or so seconds if holding my breath without cheating (holding down my nose and mouth with hand). My lungs start gasping for air after 20 or 25 seconds already. But I forgot to mention that you have to have a full bladder already and feel the need to pee before doing the breath holding. As I read, it's basically a self helping technic for people with shy bladder to be able to pee in public toilet. 

2 hours ago, CarmenCD said:

I almost always loose control of my bladder after 40 or so seconds if holding my breath without cheating (holding down my nose and mouth with hand). My lungs start gasping for air after 20 or 25 seconds already. But I forgot to mention that you have to have a full bladder already and feel the need to pee before doing the breath holding. As I read, it's basically a self helping technic for people with shy bladder to be able to pee in public toilet. 

Thanks for the explanation ! A lot of children try to hold their breath to see how long they could stay without breathing and I was wondering why there were not a lot of accident stories about those contests but since you don't do it when you are desperate it makes sense. Now I'm curious about it, I'll try next time I do a hold at home. (I can stay one minute underwater so holding 40+ seconds is okay for me but keep safe and don't do it if you have any health issue, you could faint and hurt yourself ! )

4 hours ago, Ely said:

Thanks for the explanation ! A lot of children try to hold their breath to see how long they could stay without breathing and I was wondering why there were not a lot of accident stories about those contests but since you don't do it when you are desperate it makes sense. Now I'm curious about it, I'll try next time I do a hold at home. (I can stay one minute underwater so holding 40+ seconds is okay for me but keep safe and don't do it if you have any health issue, you could faint and hurt yourself ! )

Here is the article how to do it and explained why this technique works.

http://paruresiscure.com/paruresis-breath-hold-technique-part-2-of-2/

• 8 months later...

Yes, it can !  My girlfriend started choking when we were having our evening meal. It got serious, and she wet her self.

Whether choking results in wetting depends on 1) how full her bladder is, and 2) how seriously she is choking

If her bladder is full, even the strenuous coughing/gagging at the start of her choking will cause her to wet.  If she chokes seriously, her body spasms will force out any contents of her bladder (and bowels too !)

Speaking from experience with another kink of mine which is being choked. And not just lightly for the show of it, I'm talking about going to the edge of passing out, and I have never wet myself.  Let me be clear here I DO NOT reccomend anyone just go out and try this. I trust my partner completely and I am very aware of the risks, so please no lectures either.

I am going to guess this woman either wet herself from the excessive coughing, which does lead to accidents for women. Also it could have been induced from her panicking.  When something that stressful happens our body's try to prepare us to fight or flee the danger, one of those things is emptying the bladder.  

Would not know about the choking but that sounds horrendous! And never heard about the holding of the breath you see you learn something every day! But being keen on boats and having my own boats over the years I do sometimes get bad bouts of seasickness and have often accidentally wet my pants a little or a lot! While being seasick which being a guy I always found odd! But there you go. Always have plenty of spare clothes on board and I'm lucky as once I have been seasick I soon very quickly get back to normal within a few hours. Kev.   

• 5 months later...

She could suffer from stress incontinence. A condition where when you cough, sneeze, or even throw up it could cause loss of bladder control. Choking can also cause an attack of stress incontinence. I suffer from this, and on the outside of being into wetting, it's really not.

It could also be that she had to go and had a loss of control while she was in panic mode from choking.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On Fri Aug 10 2018 at 10:39 AM, watcherw said:

Yes, it can !  My girlfriend started choking when we were having our evening meal. It got serious, and she wet her self.

Whether choking results in wetting depends on 1) how full her bladder is, and 2) how seriously she is choking

If her bladder is full, even the strenuous coughing/gagging at the start of her choking will cause her to wet.  If she chokes seriously, her body spasms will force out any contents of her bladder (and bowels too !)

How was your girlfriend? 

Was she rescued?