Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Into the Wilderness

Hey guys!

I've been wanting to do something to contribute to this site, but since I kind of can't do any actual omo fun (I have a feeling my roommate would not appreciate it), I figure I should contribute by doing what I do best:

Being a dungeon master!

I've DMed a few sessions before, one of which lasted nearly a full year (which isn't that long compared to some, but I was still proud of it), so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing. I'll supply four characters that will comprise the party, but I made sure to do the traditional party (fighter, wizard, rogue, cleric), while also giving them some flair and personality. What you must do, dear players, is choose who among those four will be the character you all will control (unless there is enough interest, in which case separate people might control separate characters, but I'm almost positive combat would take forever like that). From them on, the adventure is in your hands!

Some things to note before I introduce the main four: Desperation will be a mechanic that I homebrewed, but I'll give a better explanation once things actually get started. To keep it simple, bladder size marks how long until characters get desperate, and bladder strength marks how long they can continue holding after they reach the point of desperation. All it takes is a bad roll, and the knight in shining armor might have a little bit of cleaning up to do after the fight...

Otherwise, this will function like a normal D&D campaign, so have fun, and know that your actions, however minor they may seem, will have consequences!

With that out of the way, here's the party you'll be working with:

Name: Zantas

Race: Human (Male, Age 26)

Class: Fighter

Statistics:

HP: 13

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 11 (-)

Con: 16 (+3)

Wis: 11 (-)

Int: 12 (+1)

Cha: 11 (-)

Bladder Size: Medium

Bladder Strength: Medium

-The most well rounded character, capable of dealing out and taking large amounts of damage due to his high strength and constitution scores.  While certainly not the smartest member of the team, his heart is in the right place.

-Can deal close range damage with his broadsword (1d12 two-handed) and two shortswords (1d6 each), and can also his long range with his shortbow (1d6 range: 80/320 two-handed).

-Equipped with ring mail armor and a shield (AC 15), which takes 5 minutes to remove fully. Otherwise wears simple brown trousers and a plain blue shirt underneath.

Notable Abilities:

Fighting Style: Protection

Second Wind

Name: Mist

Race: Wood Elf (Feale, Age 130)

Class: Wizard

Statistics:

HP: 6

Str: 9 (-1)

Dex: 14 (+2)

Con: 10 (-)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Int: 15 (+2)

Cha: 10 (-)

Bladder Size: Large

Bladder Strength: Weak

-The mage of the group, she is a tall, proud figure who looms over her teammates. Her wide array of spells are primarily focused on dishing out incredible bursts of damage at higher levels. However, she is extremely squishy, so it’s best to relegate her to the back lines.

-Can deal close range damage with her quarterstaff (1d6, 1d8 two-handed), and can deal damage from afar with her wide range of skills, which fall under the category of evocation.

-Does not wear typical armor (AC ), and instead opts for a long, violet robe that reaches her feet. Underneath, she wears black tights and a regal, collared shirt.

Spells:

Cantrips: Ray of Frost, Fire Bolt, & Prestidigitation

Lvl 1 (2 slots): Mage Armor, Magic Missile

Notable Abilities:

Spellcasting

Arcane Recovery

Name: Rowan

Race: Human (Male, Age 19)

Class: Rogue

Stats:

HP: 11

Str: 11 (-)

Dex: 16 (+3)

Con: 13 (+1)

Wis: 15 (+2)

Int: 9 (-1)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Bladder Size: Small

Bladder Strength: Medium

-The resident thief of the party, whose thin build allows him to sneak past enemies and stab them right in the back. He’s cheerful no matter the situation, and will always see the humor whenever possible. This tends to get on the others nerves.

-His daggers (1d4, thrown 20/80) might not look like much, but he’ll be sure to deal massive damage with his sneak attack abilities.

-He wears oiled leather armor (AC 14) that takes only a minute to don and doff. This is a lifesaver, due to his small bladder size.

Notable Abilities:

Sneak Attack (1d6)

Name: Ravenys

Race: Human (Female, Age 33)

Class: Cleric (Life Domain, God: Lathander)

Stats:

HP:11

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 10 (-)

Con: 16 (+3)

Wis: 16 (+3)

Int: 10 (-)

Cha: 11 (-)

Bladder Strength: Strong

-Team Mom. She’s served the light deity Lathander for her entire life, and she’s not afraid to knock some skulls together if the need arises. While she’s generally rather kind, that does not mean she won’t open a can of whoop-ass on anyone who deserves it.

-Despite being primarily a healer, Ravenys can smash some skulls with her mace (1d6), while being able to pick off enemies from a distance with a light crossbow (1d8, range 30/320, two-handed). This isn’t even counting the surprisingly damaging spells she has in her arsenal.

-Generally wears ring mail (AC 14), taking about five minutes to completely remove. However, due to the incredible strength of her bladder, this is rarely a problem.

Spells Known:

Cantrips: Spare the Dying, Light, Sacred Flame.

1st Level (2 Slots): Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word

Notable Abilities:

Spellcasting

Disciple of Life

So, there's the party! Choose one, and we'll go from there! Also, I know I didn't put exact skill proficiencies, as I'm going to just use the skills associated with them instead to keep things simple. NPCs will also appear, and they'll have their own bladder stats that I'll be keeping track of.

If none of these four characters seem all that interesting, feel free to leave me a suggestion and I'll see if I can change one of the characters to fit the general liking! However, keep in mind I am trying to keep this balanced between males and females, to appeal to both parties. I'll wait until I have a few votes on who to take control of, and if there's a wide array, I'll just make the entire party playable.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Siaunida

Race: Human (Female, Age: 19)

Class: Bard

Stats

HP: 15

STR: 9 (-1)

DEX: 7 (-2)

CON: 16 (+3)

WIS: 12 (+1)

INT: 12 (+1)

CHA: 16 (+3)

Bladder Strength: Strong

Nida is who makes the party a party, supplying the tunes and the joy at camp. When the chips are down, though, she won't baulk at the chance to slay some mofos. While she is very difficult to outright defeat, her combat effectiveness is dulled by her average strength and poor dexterity, making her a clumsy fighter.

Close up, Nida has a cutlass (1d4) to slash enemies, and from range she has a double barrelled musket (1d8, 100/400) to pop the heads from those she doesn't like, although it takes forever and a day to reload. Her magical power comes mainly from her C-pitch trumpet, with more intricate skills controlled by her piccolo.

Nida wears thick leather armour (AC 13) as mild protection, and underneath are some tight long pants and an unreasonably obstructive corset. The tightness of all this means it often takes ten minutes to take off, and even a strong bladder like hers can be troubled, especially if her lack of dexterity impedes her efforts.

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Minor Illusion, Shape Water

Notable abilities: Spellcasting, Instrument Playing

(Note: I haven't played DnD in hell knows how long. I've used Google-fu to make this half decent)

Edited by Trickling Down (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Between the messages here and the PMs I've received, looks like the party will start by controlling Rowan! Sorry for the long wait between updates, classes can get in the way. However, let's get on with the story! For those of you who wanted to control someone other than Rowan, don't worry, their times will come.

The tavern was filled with the sound of splattering at the guard finally lost control of his bladder. You smirked at this, downing his own pint soon after. Wasn't the first time someone had been all talk, no capacity, but such was life. As it was, though, you did start to feel a little pressure building down under, so maybe it was time to lay off the drinking games.

Your name was Rowan, Rowan Evenwood. A petty thief living in the town of Cardom, living off a meager earning through so-called "legitimate work."

You look around the tavern, taking in all the current visitors. Besides the guard who was scurrying off to clean himself up, there was:

1. A table of 6, all dressed in flamboyant clothing.

2. A man in full plate mail downing yet another pint of mead.

3. A group of 3 tucked away in the corner, poring over a piece of paper.

4. Regulars who you knew were no strangers to the bar scene.

Those first three intrigued you. Cardom was not a large city by any means, but it certainly had travelers come through every so often. But you don't recognize any of these people. Perhaps some introductions are in order...?

As you gaze around, you catch your reflection in a puddle on the floor: tall but scrawny, with tawny hair that never seemed to be clean or orderly. Brilliant golden eyes gazed back at you from the reflection, one of the only features you had that ever made you stand out. Your cloak was thrown loosely over your leather armor, with plain brown trousers and a well worn belt covering your lower half.

Current location: Table at the Howling Wolf tavern in the town of Cardom. A place that always reeked of piss and vomit, where a fight could break out at the drop of a copper piece.

Equipment:

2 Daggers

Leather Armor

50 Gold Pieces

HP: 11/11

Bladder: 40/100 (No effects)

What will you do? Actions:

Speak to the party of 3.

Speak to the knight at the bar.

Speak to the group of 6.

Speak to a regular.

Leave the tavern.

Use the restroom.

Other (Please specify in response)

Unable to sate your curiosity towards the party of three, you rise from your chair and begin making your way forward, carefully stepping around the puddle the guard had left behind. As you approached them, their outfits become considerably more intriguing. A gruff man wearing full ring mail, something that was usually reserved for guards only. The two women, though, are what really catch your eye. One dressed in what is obviously a priestess's outfit, but you could tell that she had armor underneath. The third woman, though, the elf? That was nothing short of incredible.

Elves were definitely not unheard of, but they generally kept to themselves in the woods. Most people went their entire lives without ever seeing one, yet there she was before your very eyes.

As you approach, you caught a glimpse of what they were looking at: a map of some kind, though a passing glance didn't allow you to make out any of the finer details. Very soon, though, you are standing only a few feet from them. It seems they're too caught up in this document to have noticed you yet. Perhaps some introductions are in order?

HP: 11/11

Bladder: 45/100 (No effect)

What will you do?

"'Sup?" The second the words leave your lips, the group off three fall silent, all turning their attention to you. Oh, crap, you hadn't planned this far. Time to play it cool.

Charisma Check: 16+2 (18): Success

"I see you're studying a map of the area. I can tell by your garb that you're not from around here, though. How'd you like to have a local act as your guide?"

At this, the gruff man rises, and you at last get a good look at him: he's tall. Very, very tall. Shaggy black hair that had likely never seen a comb wreathed his face, which itself was marred by countless scars. His muscular arms mirrored this, with old wounds mixing with far more recent injuries that had only begun to heal.

His voice was deep, yet oddly calming. "If you're offering, it would certainly be nice to have a guide along with us. However, I'm afraid that we cannot bring any civilians into our affairs."

"The offer is certainly appreciated, though," the priestess spoke, her eyes not leaving the map. "May I ask your name, good sir?"

You give a customary nod to her. Though you aren't much of a religious man, it would likely be bad fortune to disrespect a priestess. "My name is Rowan Evenwood. I've hunted these woods before, and I know what landmarks are around here."

The man considers for a moment, then offers an open seat to you. "The name's Zantas. These lovely ladies and myself have been travelling for quite some time through these woods. If you'd be willing to lead us to the nearest major city, we'd make it worth your while."

It was the elf that spoke this time, her voice little more than a whisper, yet you find yourself hanging on her every word. "Just promise that you'll stay out of our affairs, and we'll allow you along. And," she continued, turning to glare at Zantas, "do not refer to me as a 'lovely lady.'"

Zantas chuckles a little at that, holding his hands up protectively. "Yeah, yeah, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go take a piss. I'll be back in just a second."

It appears Zantas is leaving. The pressure in your own bladder is certainly beginning to build up, perhaps now would be a good time to excuse yourself. Of course, this is also a prime opportunity to make a good impression on these two adventurers.

Allies unlocked: Zantas, Priestess, & Elf

Rowan HP: 11/11

Zantas HP: 13/13

Priestess HP: 11/11

Elf HP: 6/6

Rowan Bladder: 50/100 (Uncomfortable)

Zantas Bladder: 100/120 (Desperate)

Priestess Bladder: 0/120 (Empty)

Elf Bladder: 10/140 (Unnoticeable)

What will you do?

Ignoring the protests from your alcohol-fueled bladder, you decide to allow Zantas past you as he makes his way out of the bar. You are now left alone with the two women. Now, it's time to charm...

Charisma Check: 13+2 (15): Success

"So, if I'll be travelling with you all, I'd like to know what I'll be helping. After all, don't want to involve myself in some shady business, make sense?"

The priestess considers this for a second, before looking slightly offended. "Do you truly believe that a holy person such as myself would be acquainted with criminals?"

"In all fairness, I don't even know who your patron is. After all, if you worship Lolth, for example, we might have some issues. Give me some info, and we'll work from there."

The priestess looks uneasy, but eventually gives a small nod. "I am Ravenys, cleric of Lathander, god of light. This," she gestures to her elven friend, "is Mist. She doesn't talk much, but her magic is unmatched."

"Well, to new friends," you say, a small creeping onto your lips as you make your way to the bar and order a round for yourself and the three new allies. You're set back two gold, but that's nothing in the large scheme of things. The more vital issue, though, was what effect this would have on your already objecting bladder.

The two women drink immediately, both looking grateful for the free booze. "I must say, you seem like a nice enough guy!" Ravenys grins, her face flushed with warmth. Mist immediately get an odd look on her face. Is she...smiling?

Zantas re-enters at that exact moment, looking relieved to be free of his burden. Upon seeing Ravenys, however, he immediately flushes and runs to the table. "Goddammit, who gave Raven alcohol?" Mist wastes no time in pointing an accusatory finger at you, and she's definitely smiling right now. "Man, this will be an interesting night. Get Raven drunk, and you get to meet 'fun' Raven." Zantas's expression is grim. "Well, I can't blame you for trying to be polite, I suppose. Couldn't you have bought me a drink, though?" You gesture to the general direction of where his pitcher was, only to find that Ravenys had downed that as well, and was now lounged across her chair, a rose blush crossing her face.

You nurse your own glass, wary of filling your bladder too much, while Zantas gives a rundown of the situation:

"We're a group of travelling adventurers, looking for the Ruins of Tyr. We heard they were located somewhere in these woods, so we were curious."

Wisdom Check: 5+2 (7): Failed.

They appear to be telling the truth, at least. You'd heard of the Ruins of Tyr in the woods, but they were nothing more than unsubstantiated rumors. But what would a group of travelers want out of these ruins...? Well, it certainly wasn't your place to ask. You are only a guide, after all.

What will the party do?

Rowan HP: 11/11

Zantas HP: 13/13

Ravenys HP: 11/11 (Drunk)

Mist HP: 6/6

Rowan Bladder: 60/100 (Protesting)

Zantas Bladder: 0/100 (Empty)

Ravenys Bladder: 10/120 (Unnoticeable)

Mist Bladder: 10/140 (unnoticeable)

Equipment:

Rowan

2 Daggers

Leather Armor

48 Gold

Zantas

Longsword

Ring Mail

50 Gold

Ravenys

Flail

Ring Mail

Holy Symbol

50 Gold

Mist

Quarterstaff

Spellbook

50 Gold

New Ability Unlocked: POV Change. Can now control the entire party's actions, and can choose who you want the be the POV character for the next section.