The Guild Apprentice

Recommended Posts

 

Back in January, I started an interactive about a group of mercenaries venturing to a dark island to break a curse. As much as I enjoyed, and still enjoy, writing it, I felt that story was started more as a way to prove that I could write. You know, give my own doubts the middle finger. After a few months and a rise in confidence, I felt like the time was right to tackle an idea closer to my heart.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are roused from your sleep by the sound of squeaking wheels and trotting horses.

You awaken in your carriage with your face nestled against a silk cushion. I must’ve nodded off. You think as you sit up, rubbing your eyes. The last thing you remember is hoisting your luggage aboard the carriage and the loud rumble of a wooden gate. You’d fallen asleep before you were even out the town. You can see that the sun is high. It must be late morning by now; you’ve slept almost the entire journey.

You stretch your arms and yawn. You look around your carriage; it’s your basic oak compartment. Easy on your eyes and easy on your purse. A small space with two sets of seats, dressed up in red cloth, a small cast iron lantern bolted to the ceiling, and a large red curtain that runs the length of the whole compartment. There is also a small space beneath your seat to store your belongings but you prefer to keep your rucksack by your feet.

In your tired state, you had forgotten to close the curtains before falling asleep; sunlight shimmers in through the windows, basking the carriage in warm welcoming glow. You rub your eyes and lean over to take a glance through your carriage window. It is a beautiful summer day in the midlands, there isn’t a cloud in the sky. birds are chirping and a light breeze blows through the forest, rustling the leaves. You almost regret not walking now, it was the perfect day for it.

You feel a tad parched. You lean down, going to reach for your rucksack, looking for your flask, when you spy something twinkling in the corner of your eye. It’s a small ornate hand mirror, tucked under the opposite seat.

Strange, I don’t remember packing this. You think as you pick up the hand mirror, wondering just how in the realms it got into your carriage. Perhaps a noble was last to use this carriage and had forgotten it? Regardless, you decide now is a good time to sort yourself out. You want to look your best, after all.

You hold the mirror up and examine yourself, meeting the weary gaze of your own reflection.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What does the reflection that stares back at you look like?

Your Character

Name:

Personality:

Outfit:

 

Hairstyle: 

Hair Colour: 

Appearance: 

 

Height: 

Body Type: 

Breast size:

Extra (Anything else you wish to add about yourself):

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: If anybody would rather use a picture than fill out the description that is fine. (Still will need a name though) ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faust imagines he can provide a possible character, for one of his friends. Though his character suggestion is hardly anything special, Faust hopes that it at least provokes a touch of interest.

Your Character

Name: Shibo Kenshiko

Personality: A bit subdued, and quiet. Tends to only speak when necessary, or to deliver snarky remarks. The kind to observe a situation, and deliberate, rather than just entering without thinking. Chooses things deliberately, rather than relying on her instincts.

Outfit: Utterly unremarkable. being the type to let her actions draw interest than her attire. Not overly boyish, but not entirely feminine either. A neutral style.

Hairstyle: Shoulder length, occasionally held in a small ponytail.

Hair Colour: Dark green

Appearance: An unassuming girl, with surprisingly unremarkable features for the most part. A modest bust, a modest bottom, and a slightly-below average weight. One with gentle curves from head to toe. Dresses in a way that does not show off her feminine features very well. However, there is a lengthy, diagonal scar that stretches from her left shoulder, down to the small of her back...As if slashed by a blade in a past event.

Height: 5'6" [165 CM]

Body Type: Closer to pear shaped than anything. [A bit wider in the hip region of her curves than one would expect]

Breast size: Modest. [Somewhere in the Late B Early C range. Noticable, but not Overly prominent]

Extra (Anything else you wish to add about yourself): Ticklish Feet. Likes the feeling of things running through her hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name: Josh Lee

Personality: Nice, on the shy side. 

Outfit: Pretty standard sweatpants and t- 

 

Hairstyle: short and free

Hair Colour:  blonde

Appearance: thin, free  

 

Height: 5'2"

Body Type: short and thin, on the wimpy side  

Breast size: N/A  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just use a pic. Dunno what class you're planning she would be but I would love to have an alchemist heroine.

SQ70Cbe.jpg

If not that, then an assassin would be nice too.

SDVDFgk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typed this up, made some modifications when I saw some good ideas from Faust.

Your Character

Name: Jessica Laymen

Personality: Bookish, somewhat reserved; never been a person to rush in with instincts. Very great friend once you have met her.

Outfit: Push-up bra with a pair of pure white cotton panties. Outer outfit is comfortable, but nothing notable or special.

 

Hairstyle: French Braid

Hair Colour: Blonde

Appearance: Very young look, sometimes mistaken for someone much younger. Petite and short of stature, except in regards to her hips and bottom. 

 

Height: 5 foot

Body Type: An exaggerated pear shape. Her bottom and hips flare out unnaturally, large and plump.

Breast size: Incredibly small. A point of contention that she doesnt like discussing, doesn't look like she grew much during puberty.

Extra (Anything else):

Ticklish to the extreme, especially at her feet and ribs. Usually either loves to wear very cute, very childish panties, or just pure white cotton panties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Character

Name: Blare Bliss

Personality: im thinking something like Han Solo

Outfit: long purple robe with gold trim, thigh high black boots, long royal white gloves that go just past the elbows, a gold ring, another gold ring with a purple gem in it, gold ear rings, a hat like Jessie's below but purple with a gold whatever you call the red part of her hat and a wider brim, frilly pink comfortable underwear in public and black sexy lingerie in any scenario where people are supposed to see them, and sunglasses or goggles if sunglasses dont exsist in this universe whenever appropriate (when not appropiate she tries to make sure her hats brim is over her eyes)

 

Hairstyle: long and curvy

Hair Colour:  blond

Appearance: im thinking the facial structure of Jessie from pokemon

large.jpg

Height: 6'6

Body Type: Jessie again

Jessie_SM.png

Breast size: slightly above average

Extra

Is extremely afraid of spiders

Loves the closest thing this world has to video games

Loves tea

Hates to let people know when she has to go to the bathroom because she thinks it makes her seem weak

Keeps all her likes and dislikes secret unless she really trust someone (she drinks water in public)

Rarely talks to someone unless she has too and tries to figure out there personalitys from a distance

Likes to smoke out of whatever you call what the pink panther has here

1367682698_67582_min.png

Has really good luck with card games

sometimes likes to take girls innocent enough to come talk to her thinking she's sitting alone because shes shy under her wing in a somewhat maternal/mentor kind of way training them in the ways of whatever class we are and tires to delay there batroom breaks so they can learn to hold it without squirming around 

Never shoots first

 

 

Also, what class are we? Because i might have to give her a "work" outfit if its anything other that a mage.

Edited by Mr.Angry-eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name: Lara Stone

Personality: kind but has a temper is you piss her off

Outfit: white shirt with a brown jacket, black trouers, blue socks and some old tatty shoes

Hairstyle: long (reaching just below the shoulders)

Hair colour: light blue

Apperance: she looks like rey from star wars the force awakens

Height: average height

Body type: average

Breast size: bigger than the average lady

Extras: has a white necklass, hates public toilets and has a small teddy bear plush toy named seth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I guess the text wanted to be bold. No idea why, but I guess the text is calling the shots on how it's displayed now.

Anyway, after several days trying to pick a winner, I finally picked one. (Believe me, it wasn't easy...to sum up the difficulty of it: this chapter minus the description of our character has been finished since sunday.) @Faust won it, and while his is the main character, I intend to keep the other characters for NPCs, because I don't want to let great character suggestions be ignored.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gazing into the mirror, you check over yourself. You were a plain girl, nothing particularly stood out about your appearance, though you were cuter than average. Your hair is a dark green and your eyes are the lightest shade of blue, like a cloudless sky on a summer day. Normally your bottle green hair reaches down to your shoulders, but you were fond of keeping it in a ponytail, it helped to keep it from getting messy.

 

Your outfit didn’t stand out much either; it was quite fitting for your appearance; a simple white blouse that didn’t exactly fit you that well, it was almost long enough to be a dress, stretching down to just above your knee, as well as a pair of green baggy shorts and a pair of black tights along with a pair of leather boots that could certainly use a shine.

 

“I look fine.” You comment to yourself. You run your hands over your green hair and hold the mirror out to get a better look at your figure. You were modest in your womanly assets; your breasts were fair and the same could be said for your backside. Your hips were the least modest part of your figure, slightly wider than average. It sometimes made you feel a touch...pear shaped, but it never bothered you.

 

You sit the hand mirror down by your side, but as you do, you notice, sticking out of your satchel, is a piece of parchment; your letter of acceptance from a guild hub on the Eserithian border. You pull the parchment from your satchel and unfold it. On the parchment is the sigil of the Eserith fighters guild; two longswords crossed in front of a kite shield. Running across the bottom of a sigil is a banner reading the words “Always Willing. Always Ready.” The motto of the fighters guild. The parchment also bears you name: Shibo Kenshiko and a signature, though you didn’t hang around long enough to learn the name of the man running the hub.

 

You sit back in your seat and close your eyes, fantasising about your new life with a guild. I’m going to be a guildhand. You run the words through your head, grinning with joy as you stare at the parchment. They filled you with as much glee as they did the first time you said them.

 

The squeaking of the carriage wheels stops. The horses whinny, their hooves also falling quiet. The carriage grinds to a halt. You quickly fold up the letter and stuff it in your satchel. You decide to take the hand mirror with you, but when you reach down by your side to pick it up...you find it’s gone. Strange... You hoist your satchel over your shoulder and leave the carriage to check why you’ve stopped.

 

The door of the carriage swings open and you are greeted with the warm sunshine on your brow. You hear the rushing water of a nearby creek.

 

“Aye, calm yourselves!” The carriageman yells to his horses. His voice causes a robin to flee from the branch of a nearby oak tree.

 

You step up beside the horse, comforting the nearest one with a gentle pat on the nose. There is a narrow river running through the forest. It is not too deep, a few stones stick out above the water's surface. You can see what is causing the horses dismay; a tree which has tumbled to the dirt, taking the wooden bridge over the river down with it into the water.

 

“Oh, Miss Kenshiko.” The carriageman notices you beside the horse. “I’m afraid the carriage can’t go any further.” He frowns.

 

You share the carriageman’s frown, but only for a moment. You feel a great joy in being able to enjoy some of this beautiful day on foot. “I don’t mind.” You reply to the carriageman. “It’s too nice a day to be spent cooped up in a carriage anyway.” You grasp the strap of your satchel with both hands. “How much further is to Guilden?”

 

The carriageman pulls a pipe from his pocket. “It should only be a half hour venture on foot, I reckon.” He stands up and points over the collapsed bridge, toward where the trail continues. “Just follow the road and sure enough you’ll come out on a hill overlooking a lake. There you’ll Guilden, sitting out in the middle of that lake.”

 

You throw the carriagemen his payment for ferrying you so far, and then off you go with your boots to the dirt for the final quarter of your journey. You hop across a few stones by the bridge across the river and follow the road deeper into the forest. The sun shines down on the trees, critters scamper around you feet, chirping and chittering as they vanish into the bushes, soft summer winds blow over you. You feel relaxed as you walk briskly through this tranquil stretch of forest.

 

You are walking along, enjoying the sights and sounds of the Riverren forest, when suddenly, you hear footsteps running toward you; stressful boots thumping against the dirt. “Hey! Wait up!” A voice calls out from behind you.

 

You turn to look behind you, seeing...

 

> A young girl travelling alone

 

>  A young man travelling alone

 

> A young woman carrying a younger girl on her shoulders

 

> A young woman carrying a younger boy on her shoulders

 

> Other

 

(A description of the character/characters approaching is welcome. But not necessary.)

Edited by JustClom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plot twist pt. II: I decided to write another part of this story. Apologies to anybody who was really looking forward to this being updated as frequently as Eastern Isle. Life kind of dealt me a backhand to the face which took up the time I had initially allocated to doing this story. This story would have gathered a fair amount of dust...or that would be the case if I wasn't able to spare some time today after finishing an update for Eastern Isle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s a young girl, travelling alone, who beckons for your attention. She looks far too innocent to be a thief or a brigand, she looks like any normal young girl, although with greasy skin and a few dried marks of dirt that are easy to make out from where you stand. She has rosy red cheeks and deep brown eyes, with a smile that rounds off her cute look. She could pass for the cute manic wizard in a fantasy novel, and you had read enough of those to know she'd fit the mark perfectly. She is quite short, light skinned, with short auburn hair that gets longer near her ears, although it is tatty and looks like it could use a good wash. She was dressed in a rather “unique” way. She wore a long mage robe that looked more like an artists canopy, stained with all the colours of the rainbow, but your eyes are drawn to her “unique” fashion choices. She had a belt full of vials, all filled with unknown concoctions, as well as a bandolier of potions worn above her robe, and a wooden barrel on her back, held in place by two leather straps going around her arms. The barrel hisses steam and you begin to hear a gurgle like a hungry beast from within it as she gets close to you.

 

The young girl runs up beside you. She stops just short of you and begins panting for breath. Up close, you see just how short the girl is, her eyes just meet your breasts. That’s impressive, considering you weren’t that tall yourself. “Y-y-you...you’re h-heading for Guilden...right?” She struggles to speak between her gasps for air, she pants so lewdly, which causes you to blush, but she gets her words out. The girl stares at your satchel. “Aha! You are! I knew you were!” She smiles. “I see that letter in your backpack.”

 

You didn’t feel the need to give a response now the girl knew. Instead, you nod your head.

 

“Me too!" The girl reaches into her robe and pulls out a letter identical to yours, holding it high like it was the mighty reward of a quest. "My name is Muaki!” She offers her hand, which you accept with an anxious stutter after staring at the strange curiosity of a girl before you. “You say the first part like a cow!” She demonstrates with a loud moo, almost completely forgetting that she had just pronounced her own name when introducing herself. “So it’s Moo-ahh-ki!” You notice quickly how sinister her smile looks, but there is a glimmer of sincere joy in her mischievous face. “I’m an alchemist from Waverton! A pleasure to make your acquaintance!”

 

Muaki? You think. That was an Orientian word, typically meaning mucky. You have to look far to see how she earned that nickname; given her stained state you're not surprised she had earned that nickname. What did surprise you is how she introduced herself as if that was her real name. She must've been so fond of the nickname that she preferred to be known by that. It's not the strangest thing about her, funnily enough.

 

You feel obliged to introduce yourself, though you feel especially shy around Muaki. Probably due to the high amount of energy she has. You never had an easy time around energetic and exciting people. “My name is Shibo.” You start. “Shibo Kenshiko.”

 

“Kenshiko?” Muaki tilts her head like a confused puppy. After a moment thinking to herself she smiles and snaps her fingers. “Ah! You’re from Orientia!” She goes quiet again for a moment. “Sorry! I was just running your name through my head. It’s really fun to say. Shibo Kenshiko. Shibo Kenshiko. Shibo. Kenshiko.”

 

“There’s no need to say it aloud.” You say with a playful mocking tone. “I hear it enough almost everyday.”

 

“I bet you do!” Muaki does not catch on in the slightest that you were being snarky. “Shibo Kenshiko. Shibo. Kenshiko. It’s soo~ fun to say!” After repeating it a few more times she grows bored of repeating herself. “I’m sorry, I’m just really excited about getting to Guilden. I hope you don't mind if we walk together?" She shrugs her shoulders and smiles. "It's been lonely travelling all by my lonesome."

 

While you personally enjoyed a little solitude, you see no reason why the girl can't walk with you. She seemed nice enough and after your introduction, it would be awfully rude to throw her aside. "S-sure."

 

You walk together up the path, enjoying the sounds of nature. You have plenty of time to try and figure out the girl walking with you. Occasionally the barrel on her back hisses and shoots steam from its top. You catch a whiff of whatever is in the barrel. It smells sweet, like candy but with a slightly stronger scent. You can only assume Muaki is some kind of alchemist, given the supplies she is carrying and the strange barrel which you ponder might be some kind of portable alchemy lab.

 

Eventually, Muaki takes an interest you. "Why don't you tell me a little about yourself, Shibo?" She smiles. 

 

"I'm not that interesting. And you already have me sussed out." You say again with playful mockery. "I'm from Orientia." 

 

Muaki tilts her head again. A bout of steam shoots out from the barrel,causing it to hiss like a serpent. "But I want to know what brings you here! To Guilden!"

 

"Maybe in a little bit. Why don't you tell me about yourself though?" Asking was the best way you could think to learn about the strange little alchemist. "You said you're from Waverton, right?" Mostly, you were curious about why she was hoisting a hissing, steaming barrel around like luggage. And after waking up from a nap, you were not feeling much up for talking about yourself. You just wanted a little time with your thoughts

 

"Fine..." She doesn't sound to happy about being put in the spotlight. "But after you have to tell me about you! Okay?"

 

You nod and agree, returning her smile.

 

As Muaki begins to tell you about herself, you find yourself unable to keep focus as she weaves you a bizarre tale, starting with an alchemist's guild on the borders of Waverton, followed with something about an explosion. It all begins to drift and blend with the wind as you drift into your thoughts. You stare down at your feet, frowning at the sight of your scruffy boots. I have to pee. You think. It had been lingering for a while, and you had hoped to hold it in until you had reached Guilden, but the stretch of forest ahead seemed never ending, and the juice you had before falling asleep was getting well acquainted with your bladder. A half hour walk my fanny…

 

Still, it was not so bad. You would not be holding yourself or resorting to a childish potty dance anytime soon. But with the large expanse of forest around you, looking as if it would stretch to the end of the world, you let a stray thought wander: I could just go here? You think as you eye up the vast bushes and trees, perfectly suited for hiding a girl from view should she decide to pay them a visit. When you are an adventurer: the whole world was your privy. An old companion had said to you before...shamelessly demonstrating that motto right in front of you. It was a good thing she was cute.

 

Though, now, that would mean telling Muaki that you'd like a break. She'd probably ask you why, incessantly, until you gave in and admitted it and that would probably lead to some light teasing because you just wanted to go pee. You were shy about talking such...personal business. You had always believed what you did in the bushes, or in the privacy or a privy, was your own damn business.

 

She was a nice girl, curious, but nice. You didn't get on much with energetic people, but you felt...somewhat at ease around Muaki. Maybe it was her playful mannerisms, she didn't so much "crazy" as she did just brimming with excitement. With some time, perhaps you could both be friends. Anyway, back to your bladder.

 

What would you like to do?

>Excuse yourself and go in the forest.

 

>Hold it in until you reach Guilden.

Edited by JustClom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold it I guess? Not sure how Muaki would react to us just dropping trow or sprinting off into the brush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Guilden can’t be that much more of a walk. You think, shaking the unpleasant thoughts of watering the leaves of an unsuspecting bush from your mind. You could hold it for a while longer. Guilden could not be that far off now; you've walked for a good amount of time, the morning was becoming afternoon as the sun continued to rise above the forest. Your eyes turn to a lone sparrow flying overhead. It weaves between the trees before finally darting off over them and deeper into the woods. It certainly was peaceful out here. You had always heard how tranquil the forests of the midlands were, and now finally you could experience them for yourself. This was the adventurers way after all! No cozy carriage, just your boots to the ground!

 

You had been so busy wondering about your bladder, and then distracted by the calmness of the forest, that you had completely forgotten Muaki by your side, still talking aloud about her past. She speaks so quickly, gesturing with her hands like the words she are speaking are meaningless without them. Her voice had just blended in with the surrounding sounds of the forest, becoming part of the nearby river, the rustling leaves, and the summer wind.

 

After a moment, you fade back into reality, and with that you begin to understand what Muaki is saying. Though, it sounds like she is reaching the end of her story.

 

“...and then I ended up travelling before being passed on to Fort Victoria in Guilden.” She finishes with a rather proud exhale, sounding like she’s said a mouthful, which makes you wonder how long you had been adrift in your thoughts.

 

You had missed her whole story, catching only the literal beginning and end while missing everything in-between. “I see…” You do your best with those to make yourself sound interested with those simple words. Muaki doesn’t seem to notice you weren’t paying that much attention to her. She was so engulfed in her own storytelling. You got the gist of it though: An alchemist from Waverton...and something about an explosion. The explosion makes you think, but alchemists and explosive...mishaps, fit as well together as a necromancer and corpses.

 

"So will you tell me about yourself now!?" She asks, pouting.

 

"In a little while. I promise." Muaki's pout grows until her lower-lip is touching her chin, but she doesn't protest. You did feel guilty, but there'd be time later, maybe when you reach Guilden you could talk about yourself. Maybe at a teahouse where you could wind down from this hot summer walk with a nice glass of iced tea. Suddenly, with the summer heat bearing down on your brow, you begin thinking of tea, hoping that Guilden would have a fine teahouse, or somewhere that was a cut above the usual rowdy fares of taverns or booze-supplying brothels.  

 

You walk for a few more minutes. It had gotten hotter in such a short time, the sun was rising high above the trees, and it felt like the heat was focusing you with a lens. It feels like you're on fire. You wipe the sweat from your brow and exhale. A cold drink wouldn't go amiss, regardless of how your bladder felt. 

 

You make it another five minutes before Muaki stops in the middle of the road. You hadn’t noticed at first, continuing to walk on as the little alchemist fell behind.

 

“Wait! Hold up~” Muaki yells out to you. You stop and turn to her, seeing her stretch and letting out a mighty yawn like a baby lion waking from an afternoon nap. The long sleeves of her robe slide down her arms as she lifts them high and lets out a second yawn. Her arms are like twigs. “I’m pooped!” She stands motionless for a moment, her arms still held high as she looks to be deep in thought. Suddenly, she lets her arms down and smiles. “Drink break~” She calls out, puffing out her cheeks and following up her yawn with a hearty sigh. Her face had gone as red as a cherry from the heat.   

 

You tilt your head as you wonder why Muaki wants to call a break. “We haven’t been walking that long.” You quickly realize that she has most likely been on foot for most of the journey, hoisting what sounds like the contents of a city tavern in a hissing barrel on her back. It had been stormy a few nights ago, you can only wonder what it must’ve been like walking on the trail for her for so long. The way she speaks about, and her general attitude towards...almost everything, makes you wonder if the motivation to get to her new guild is what has kept Muaki walking for so many days.

 

A drink break certainly wouldn't go amiss in this roaring summer heat. You were feeling the need yourself for a moment to breath and a cool drink. This walk and the blaring sun had left you parched. Your mouth was as dry as stone.

 

Muaki slams the barrel down onto the ground, it lands with the power of a cannonball, kicking up flecks of the trail around where it impacts with the dirt. It looks heavy, but the tiny girl has no issue with it despite her tiny twig-like arms. The barrel gives off a series of clinks and clanks as something, or multiple things, rattle around inside like fragile organs. That didn’t sound healthy, but you go with your gut feeling and assume Muaki knows what she is doing.

 

A hiss of steam, more violent than the previous ones draws you from your thoughts. You flinch as the sound takes you by surprise. It’s like the hiss of a snake.

 

“Sorry~” Muaki shrugs. “I didn’t vent the pipes this morning. So they get all built up with steam.” She mimics the barrels roar as she bends down behind it. The barrel obscures her small frame and the only thing you can hear is the clinking of glasses. Your curiousity grows larger as a shot of steam bursts out the top. “Oops~”. She giggles. "I bet for the barrel, all that pent-up steam is like holding in a really big fart. I bet if it could feel, it would feel amazing."

 

You feel yourself blush as Muaki lets out a juvenile giggle. She can't stifle it as the giggle grows into a laugh. Once her fit of the giggles dies down, Muaki squats back down and begins doing something with the barrel.

 

As Muaki works with the barrel, causing it to shoot out steam and let out the occasional gurgle like it had skipped breakfast, you realize this was your chance to see into the rather curious stomach of this wooden cylinder. All the clinking and clanking had your curiousity building up like the steam. You wanted to not let on that you were so curious, casually walking up behind her and pretending to be drawn by something in the forest. You stare blankly into the trees before you take a gander by her side and peek at what the alchemist is doing out the corner of your eye. The first thing you notice is Muaki’s robe sliding down one side of her small frame, and that her trousers were far too low. You see a fair deal of the little alchemist’s butt dangling out, dancing around as she fiddles in the barrel. The crack of her backside was certainly not part of your curious mind.

 

You look over her shoulder, getting a somewhat obscured view of what is inside. You can see the contents of the barrel as she moves her shoulder to scratch her lower back. There is a large door, roughly the size of the barrel, wide open. At first glance you see alchemical appliances, a few beakers, some short and fat, others thin but tall, all filled with mysterious, yet colourful fluids that are bubbling over a little pot of arcane fire. There's a rack in the bottom filled with a few cups, presumable for drinking, but you see a few small pipes leading from the beakers to the glasses, and lastly, running around the rim of the inside are a few small pipes with valves attached. As you watch the beakers bubble and small hisses of steam escaping through small cracks in the pipes, you notice an entrancing symphony; It all moved and spoke with a simple rhythm, not unlike a clock. Every small thing, from the pipes hissing to the little fires brewing potions that cracked like the leaves of autumn, to the faint drips of the fluids filling glasses all came together like an orchestra. Minus some manual intervention from Muaki, it was all expertly automated. This must be what’s it like for a doctor to admire the human body, all these pipes and facilities were like steel organs, working in their own little system. The pipes were the veins, the fire the heart, and the barrel itself the body that held them all together.

 

You were impressed; never had you seen such an alchemy setup, it was simple, portable, and sturdy. But what truly makes your jaw drop is the thought that this quirky, yet effective means of portable potion-making was probably devised by the little girl who was just giggling at the thought of her barrel farting. She hid her knowledge of crafting and design well behind that giggling childlike face, but you couldn't be certain it was her own creation. Still, it makes you see Muaki in a different light, as a girl who is a little bit more than a bubbly and energetic little girl. There was a brain in that head of hers, and one that looked to be capable of great feats. 

 

Now you wanted to see if Muaki’s alchemy skills were as impressive as her handiwork. Feeling compelled to see her alchemy skills in practice, you peer over her shoulder and watch Muaki mix together a few of the beakers. Muaki moves quickly, but despite her speed, which is almost like a flash of lightning at times as she brings various beakers off the heat and spins the valves, she moves so delicately as she begins brewing, fiddling, and tinkering with a few a valves. You watch her with a careful gaze as she grabs glasses, continues fiddling with valves, and watches a single large beaker filling with fluid.  

 

“What is it?” You ask, having a few ideas as you pick up the overwhelming scent of cherry and blueberries. At first glance you believe it was some form of potion, but as you let the sweet fruity sensation waft around the air, you begin to wonder if it is just a simple berry juice, brewed so complexly.  

 

Muaki ignores your question, but she answers it shortly after with a small demonstration. “Tada~” Muaki pulls up a cup of purple liquid and holds it high above her head in a victorious manner, letting the sun reflect a golden beam off the glass. “Muaki’s SPECIAL FRUIT PUNCH!” She holds the cup between her blistered fingers, admiring her concoction like an artist admiring their creation. She puts the cup to her lips and drinks the whole thing almost instantly. “Haaa~” Her lips curl into a large satisfied smile. “That hit the spot!” Her lips are slightly stained purple.

 

As Muaki bends down to pour herself another cup of juice, you see her large eyes peering up from the barrel. She quickly squats back down and goes to work in the barrel again. After another moment, she lifts her shoulders and smiles sweetly with her stained purple lips. “It’s really good~ It’s my own personal recipe~” She pauses for a moment. “Oh right!” She rests the glass she has just brewed for herself atop the barrel and squats back down.

 

A few seconds pass and she hops back up with a second glass, filled to the brim with the juice. Without a word, she carries the glass over and props it in your fingers. Still taken in by curiousity, you don’t defend yourself as Muaki takes your hands and sticks the glass between your fingers. You don’t even attempt to refuse the little alchemists delicious offering.

 

You look down at the cup of juice. It’s a still drink, the dark purple colour reminds you of the night for some reason, and the smell is delectable; it’s so strong and sweet that you feel your mouth water just from its fruity aroma.

 

Muaki looks at you, gesturing with her hands for you to drink it. “Try it, try it, try it~” She gestures faster, almost begging you to drink it.

 

What do you wish to do?

>Drink the juice.

 

>Tell her you aren’t thirsty.

 

>Other

Edited by JustClom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drink it, of course! What could she have done? Roofie it?

Edited by JLH99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.