Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Discussions forum added!

I've finally gotten around to adding a discussions forum to this group!

This is basically just a general forum where you can meet and chat with other furry members about anything furry fandom related.

I may add a gallery for sharing general Furry artwork and possibly even a photography gallery for showing off fursuits and such depending on demand; so if those are things you know you would like to see (and preferably would actually use), let me know here!

I must say that it's terribly hard to see or check for new updates in the club forum. I really don't think there will ever be much activity here while it's so far from the front page (need to go to clubs -> furry -> discussions to actually find the forum, which is four non-obvious clicks away from the front page).

Is there a way to add a forum section for groups you belong to, perhaps? Maybe even at the top? That might help people view and use their club forums more.

Additionally, I think the difficulty of finding and accessing clubs in general is a big challenge for the club system. You might want to look into ways of prodding people towards actually viewing the clubs available. Perhaps a sidebar widget that populates with content from your clubs, and otherwise has a button that sends you to go join one? Or maybe some sort of obtrusive notification the first time each user logs in?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2017 at 1:19 PM, Starshell said:

I must say that it's terribly hard to see or check for new updates in the club forum. I really don't think there will ever be much activity here while it's so far from the front page (need to go to clubs -> furry -> discussions to actually find the forum, which is four non-obvious clicks away from the front page).

Is there a way to add a forum section for groups you belong to, perhaps? Maybe even at the top? That might help people view and use their club forums more.

Additionally, I think the difficulty of finding and accessing clubs in general is a big challenge for the club system. You might want to look into ways of prodding people towards actually viewing the clubs available. Perhaps a sidebar widget that populates with content from your clubs, and otherwise has a button that sends you to go join one? Or maybe some sort of obtrusive notification the first time each user logs in?

The link for the clubs is right at the top of the site (fourth one along) and then it lists all of them available (there's only two at the moment) c:

On 9/30/2017 at 1:43 AM, Ashi said:

The link for the clubs is right at the top of the site (fourth one along) and then it lists all of them available (there's only two at the moment) c:

Yeah, and that's way too out of the way.

I'd posit that the fact that yours is the first post anywhere in the club since my previous post over two weeks ago serves to reinforce my point. We're never going to see significant use of this forum with the current system.

• The topic was unpinned