Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Black Olives on Pizza

Black olives = yes!

I love the flavor, esp once they've been in the oven.  I pick 'em off and eat 'em.  

It doesn't really matter about the other topping, for me, they blend well with everything.  That's not true for green olives, but that's another post :grin:

if I'm making pizza (think Trader Joe's bagged pizza dough).  I'll eat half the olives before they end up on the pie.

That's how I roll :grin:

-S

I hate olives, both black and green (and I suppose if there are some other type of olives out there that I am unaware of).  But the one of the few times I will eat olives (mostly black) is when they are on a pizza, mostly supreme pizzas.  I can tolerate them.  I won't go out of my way to pick them off or anything and I have to agree with OP that they are best when their flavor isn't overpowering and is shared with the likes of peppers, onions, Italian sausage, etc.  Now if were talking Greek food, yeah I'll eat me some black olives then.

Edited by AtomicBob (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Kalamata olives are the optimal olive variety for pizza. Oxidized black olives - the kind that come pitted or sliced in a can - taste like nothing to me. Green olives are good, but I don't like them on pizza - their flavour doesn't go with other typical pizza toppings.

I'm kind of a maniac for olives. I eat them straight out of the jar more than I eat them on pizza.

• 1 year later...