Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Introduction:

This was an idea way back when in the days when RPG Maker 2003 (RM2k3) was popular and pirated a lot, and I mean a lot, (Just look how long Charas-Project.net has been around and where I began my foray into RPG Makers as a whole). I am mostly an aspiring writer, but why not I do one better and actually make a game instead involving my characters and have it set in the future in the timeline (and actually be canon) placing it between two parts of the series (books 6 and 7 that will be planned). Back then, I had no way to do the things I wanted with my game as the program was limited and not much scripting features was available, or even allowed, given the limitations, but now that we have worldwide commercially available versions of RPG maker such as VXace and MV, I am like why not try this again?

Basic premise:

The whole idea is to make a game with the rich lore and story and history of my semi-erotic and adult themed (more on that later) book series I'm still working on called Esgardum legends. What is Esgardum Legends you ask? Its about the legends associated with the Esgardum, a device that contains (albeit in limited form) powers of GOD, or the sole creator of the universe (depends on what you believe). It was created by GOD and those that worked with him in creating it), for the sole purpose to give anyone the power to jump start creation if a world or a whole universe was on the brink of destruction. It was used to almost kill and destroy the ultimate evil which many cultures know as the Devil or Satan and reform a world in the user or users' image that he once tried to destroy or rule over.

Main Theme:

In this RPG; it will take place around 2044 AD (1778 ADW). Many of the villainous organizations, such as the Dark Triad (and its cells) and Quasi-religious terrorists known as Longinus will have been already eradicated on Earth and the world would be mostly at peace (despite the usual minor wars between the 9+ races and whatnot). Technology between the Planets of Semathia and Earth are shared and both worlds flourish at a  breakneck pace. Void Jumping is no longer as risky as it was 30 years ago as Aether-technology was made to keep void portals stable on both ends. Magic and science are merged into one field of Aetheric-Mechanics, as its now understood that magic is actually the manipulation of Quantum-Mehcanics and hence what alchemy tried to do  centuries before.

Yet peace is still not restored in Semthia as remnants of the former dangerous and villainous groups have survived and formed a new organization in that world known simply as the Quantam Horde. There has been pleas to the SEA or The Semathian Alliance in their own world for help and even when help is sent most help doesn't even stand a chance against this new threat. So now The Earth side of things has to step in and they will call on thier best of the best to handle such a situation.

The Heroes are called...:

The worlds greatest heroes, also known as the new Keepers of Order named after the ones of old that became demigods after the first use of the Esgardum and are revered by many in the religion in both worlds known as The Path, are summoned to the SEA HQ in Tokyo, Japan where the first distress signal was sent.

Hirohito Ishida, the leader and the Current wielder of the Time and Space warping Sword of Dimensions along with his Wife, Yumiko Ishida, along with their twin 22 year old Children arrive first to be debriefed to the situation and their first objective is given which is to Void Jump to Semathia and arrive at the Frostecia SEA base. Soon the other heroes arrive and also debriefed and make preparations. All is not what it seems and your objective may not go as smoothly as you hoped.

The game world, features, and mechanics:

You will be allowed to explore the Tokyo base while making preparations. Parties are made of 6 and you will have to split them up strategically at times as the story progresses. I am proposing a chapter or act format to facilitate this easier.

Exp will be divided up evenly among the number of people you have in the party at any given time and also given to people in reserve (during certain chapters/acts).

The game will feature a Hunger/Thirst/Desperation/Fatigue-Willpower system. Certain actions in battle and on the field will affect these accordingly and you will have to make sure your characters get to the toilet in time or not get too tired-- they may suffer combat penalties based on the severity of their needs. I may actually find or add in a way to shut off the desperation systems to make the game more suited for everyone as I'm also designing this game for not just here.

Level progression will be split into three categories:

Base level, Job level, and Ranks

Base level can reach lv 999, expect it to be a big game world (spanning two worlds) but leveling will not be tedious and grindy.

Job level is lv 100 but only at third tier jobs.  I use a similar three-tier system to that of Ragnarok Online (rebirth), so Job levels are 10 and 50 respectively for lower tiers.

A very interactive stat level up system where you can fully tailor a character to how you want to play them. Even Hirohito (even though he is my character can be fully customized. Aren't I generous? By leveling up your base level, you gain stat points to put into various parameters which affect your attack, defense, magical defense, etc.

Features:

A robust and intuitive crafting and cooking system. You can even dismantle old equipment for materials to make new armor and weapons. I wnat it to be simple to use as well have many variety in options of what you could make.

A side battle system with custom animations and art.

Possibly an ATB Gauge (though Yanfly discontinued work on it)

New gauges for the new energies of AP and TP (not the traditional core RPGMAKER's TP guage that may be more for willpower or will be converted into something else). Also gauges for the Bladder and Bowels systems.

1000s of weapons armor and accessories.

Rarity system with stat requirements to equip all sorts of gear.

Last but not least Relationship systems between characters to unleash devastatingly powerful combos and (possibly) unlock-able love scenes between the applicable Esgardum Legends series' couples.

About teams and other development needs:

I may need someone to help with the music file converting. MV apparently needs everything to be both in OGG Vorbis and M4A formats, and I still have a lot of my files in MP3 (from the older Maker days when I dabbled with them.) I been spending a good few years getting music and what not and now I have to reconvert it again? Its really a pain, I could do it myself, (been doing ones I need as I go with audacity) but wouldn't it be faster if I had someone to work with?

I may also need an artist for the scenes if I can't learn to draw better with posing and such in due time. Its not like I'm in any rush to do this, as RPGs do take time, yet the possibly is still there that my artistic ability may not be up to snuff to draw everything on my own.

My knowledge with the makers only goes back to the days of 2k3 where much of design was limited to just the maker itself. We didn't have advanced scripting and yet I almost finished a much more limited version of this game. Some help understanding certain features or pointing in the right direction would be helpful.

Mechanics:

This rpg will have a system that may not fully retain the default engine or even discard it in its entirety possibly using Plugins for the majority of it including those from Yanfly and other popular Scripters and modders. Here is some of what I created years before that you may see in the game:

This is what you might see on the status windows in game:

1. Character Characteristics

Name: the name of the character.

Lv: the base level of the character that affects their overall strength of Major Stats and Energies and how much exp they get from a certain level monster. You get less exp the higher the level you are vs the monster's level. Monster levels may stay fixed or improve to a certain point as you progress in the game to make old areas, when revisited, more challenging.

Job Lv: Level for a specific job. Job skills are awarded as the job level progresses limited by job tier. You gain Job Points (JP) to level up and earn Active use Job Techniques and Passive Job Skills.

Rank: Affected by level. A letter and color designation for the level is given. The colored letter is nothing more than an ascetic touch for your character.

Element: the element aligned to a character or monster. Most of the time it does not change sometimes, characters can have no more than 2 and can change by use of spells or skills.

Race: the race of the character affects weight and what armor they can wear and weapons a race can use aside from the specific job and class. Various character races are Humans, Aurapaths (dual-elementally alligned mutants), Grimalkin (cat-morphers), Drateir (dragon-morphers), Celestials (angels/demons), Nymphemori (plant-elf hybrids), Aetherians (sentient elmentals), and Simuloids (bio-synthetic androids), and others. There are also monster races. The race also affects damage of certain weapons.

Age: The age of the character. Doesn't affect anything and is merely descriptive.

Gender: The sex of the character can be male or female. Gender effects weight capacity.

Job: The character’s Job. This ranges from squire with little or no extra abilities to a large variety of Jobs that have amazing skills. Class, race, and gender effects what first and second jobs a character can become.

Class: Denotes the character’s racial class. This is different than job which affects their secondary skills. This is their primary skill base. There are three main classes: Psymentalists, Physimentalists, and Psyphysics. There is a rare fourth class called a Psyphysimentalist that excels in all the other three’s separate abilities but a master of none. Only if the character has the race of Aurapath or Grimalkin will they have a class.

2. Parameters

Parameters of monsters and Heroes are the same. Whether it is VIT (vitality) for Max HP or INT (intelligence) for Max MP or DST (Defese strength) for base DEF (defense); parameters up slightly the Major stats of the character or monster. Some of the functions of these base stats may be removed as there may not be a way to implement some of these mechanics; such as monster taming.

Parameters are as follows:

VIT: Vitality. This stat raises your max HP and partially your defense.

INT: Intelligence. Affects the base attack power of magic attacks (MATK) and raises your max MP.  Also Affects Aura Attack, but at a lesser weight. Also affects MDEF slightly.

MND: Mind. Affects the base Aura Attack Power (AATK) of Aurapath and Grimalkin's Class attacks and raises a character’s max AP.  Also affects the effectiveness of support and status magic. Also Affects Magic Attack but at a lesser weight.

STR: Strength. Affects your attack power (PATK) for physical attacks and increases your individual inventory weight and as a result, for the party as a whole. Also slightly raises your max HP.

DST: Defensive strength. This stat  directly affects your Major Stat of Defense (DEF) against physical attacks and physical Job skills. It also partially affects Aura Defense (ADEF).

CON: Constitution. This stat directly affects your Major Stat Magic Defense (MDEF) and your Major Stat Aura Defense (ADEF) against Magic attacks Aura attacks and elemental Job skills.

DEX: Dexterity. Increases your accuracy when attacking and affects attack power of bow and gun attacks. Also affects # of hits slightly and cast time.

AGI: Agility. This stat increases your max # of hits per attacking round.

LUK: Luck. Affects chances of landing a critical hit and greatly increases Instant Dodge rate. This also decreases your chances of getting a critical landed on you, will also be used for stealing items. Also may increase chance of finding rarer items.

CHA: Charisma. This affects Job and personality-based skills such as persuading people (and creatures) to do something. Also affects chance of a tamer class to get a monster companion. It is the most useless stat in that regard; might be used with Luck for stealing items though.

3. Major stats

The major stats are what are affected by the parameters above. Stats include ATK, AATK, DEF, MATK, and MDEF and ADEF, Accuracy and Dodge and Instant Dodge, #of Attacks, Weight and Critical. Also affected are max HP, MP, AP, and TP. Fractional Values are rounded based on table below:

Decimal value

Round direction

.000 -.499

Down

.500?

Depends on fourth decimal place. ≤4 round down ≥5 round up.

.501-.999

Up

HP: This is your max Hit Points. This is your life force and when it runs out, you are dead.

Max HP: For Players: Base level * 50 + Job level * 50 +Vit /2 + Str/4 + Class Value + Job value + Armor and Weapon bonuses. For monsters: Vit * 2 + Str. For bosses: [(Vit* 2) + (Str * 2)]*Monster’s level. For advanced monsters (above Lv. 500): [(Vit* 3) + (Str* 1.5)]* (Monster’s level / 2)

MP: This is your max Magic Power or MP. This allows you to cast various spells associated with either your class or job. Once they run out, you can’t cast spells anymore.

Max MP: For Players: Base level * 50 + Job level * 50 +Int /2 + Mind/4 + Class Value + Job value + Armor and Weapon bonuses. For monsters: (Int * 2) + (Mind). For bosses: [(Int * 4) + (Mind *2)]* Monster’s level. For advanced monsters (above Lv. 500):[(Int* 3) + (Mind* 1.5)]* (Monster’s level / 2)

AP: AP is Aura skill power. This is used to use/cast various elemental or physical class skills and spells. Once it runs out you can’t use those abilities no more.

Max AP: For Players: Base level * 50 +Int /4+ Mind/2 + Class Value * 2 + Armor and Weapon bonuses. For monsters: (Mind* 2) + Int). For bosses: [(Mind * 4) + (Int *2)]* Monster’s level. For advanced monsters (above Lv. 500):[(Mind* 3) + Iint* 1.5)]* (Monster’s level / 2)

TP: Technical Power is used to attack with various skills you learn in a specific job. When you run out of this, no more job skills can be used.

Max TP: Job level * 200 + Base level * 50 + Int/6 +Mind/12 + Class value+ Armor and weapon Bonuses

P-ATK: Physical Attack Power. This is for weapons and non- magical or elemental attacks. It is affected by your strength stat or dexterity stat depending on job or weapon used.

Formula P-ATK = Weapon ATK bonus + All Equipment ATK BONUS (Not used in monster stats) + STR/2 or DEX/2 (For bows, whips, and guns. Not used for monster’s attack.).

M-ATK: Magical Attack Power. Affects Magic attacks. This is affected mainly by your intelligence stat.

Formula M-ATK = Weapons’ MATK bonuses + All Equipments’ MATK BONUSES (Not used in monster stats) + INT/2 + Mind/3

A-ATK: Aura Attack power. This affects Aura Path and Grimalkin’s races’ job skills and aura attacks or Aurapath-like enemies' attacks. This is affected by Mind more than INT. 

Formula A-ATK = Weapons' A-ATK bonus + All Equipments’ A-ATK BONUSES (Not used in monster stats) + Mind/2 + INT/3

P-DEF:  Physical Defensive power. This is affected by Armor Defense values and your DST and VIT. It affects all attacks and skills based on ATK only.

Formula: DEF = Armor Rating (not used for monsters) + DST + VIT/5

M-DEF: Defensive power against magic only. This is affected by armor values, CON, and INT.

Formula: MDEF= Armor Rating (not used for monsters) + CON +INT/5

A-DEF: Defensive power against aura attacks. This is affected by armor values CON and DST

Formula: A-DEF= Armor Rating (not used for monsters) + CON +DST/5

Dodge: The chance of an attack or skill to miss you. This does not affect magic. It is affected by AGI and DEX.

Formula: AGI+ DEX/5. Against monster: | (your character’s dodge - monster accuracy +1)/100 | Note: apply order of operations. Negative result is calculated as a 0.

Instant Dodge: The chance of an attack, magical attack, or aura attack missing 100%. It is affected by Luck, Agility, and Dexterity. If it occurs, it replaces normal dodge during damage calculation. An instant dodge occurring means all damage and effects will fail.

Formula: Chance is Derived by each stat in each parameter: 1 Luck =.04166%, 1Dex =.02083%, and 1 Agi =.02083% respectively. Max AGI and DEX of 1200 contributes to 50% of Instant Dodge chance (rounded up to nearest whole %). A 1200 luck stat equates to the other 50%. Against monsters’ attacks/skills: your Instant Dodge chance - Monster’s accuracy%. Note: Apply order of operations.

Against Monsters’ magic attacks: your Instant Dodge chance – [(Monster’s magic spell level+1)*10%] Note: Apply order of operations)

Accuracy: The chance of your physical attack not missing. This doesn’t affect magic and aura attacks. It is affected by DEX and AGI by 1/5.

Formula = DEX + AGI/5 * Weapon Accuracy % (For Characters only! Weapon Accuracy % is not factored for monsters). Chance against monster: your character’s accuracy/monster’s dodge *100%. Note: Weapon accuracy for bare fists is always set to 75%!

Number (#) of hits (Physical Attack Rate)/attacks for character/monsters: Denotes how many hits you’ll do per attacking round. This is directly affected by agility and by accuracy. DEX has a part in determining both and this as well.

Formula = [(AGI +weapon/armor/skill/spell bonuses) + (Dex +weapon/armor/skill/spell bonuses /5)] /30 *accuracy % on monster/accuracy % on character. Fractional values are rounded up or down based on table below.

Ex: 999+ 0 Agi bounses + (999 + 0 Dex bonuses /5) = 1198.8 /30 = 39.96. Rounded up = 40 hits * 100% Accuracy = 40 hits. Max Hits possible is 50 with haste skill (The haste skill adds the last 2 total hits, which 48 is the max possible otherwise with stats totaling 1200.). Monsters in theory can go higher, but it caps at 50. A monster will have to get 1250 or more in both AGI and DEX (2500) to get 50 hits without buffing.

Decimal value

Round direction

.000 -.499

Down

.500?

Depends on fourth decimal place. ≤4 round down ≥5 round up.

.501-.999

Up

Weight: this is affected by Job level, the job you have and Job skill effects, base level, and total strength.

In a party of 6: the total weight of your inventory is determined by all members’ weight combined. If in the event of a party change, job change, or other factors and the total weight happen to exceed the maximum, extra items will be automatically stored in your bank. Nothing will be lost. Items found in treasure chests and other places (environment not monsters) will not be sent to the bank and must be put back in their container or object you found them in.

Formula: Weight= base level * 10 + Job level * 10 + strength * 2 + job base weight value + Class base weight value+ Gender value + skill bonuses + race bonus.

Critical: Chance of landing a critical hit on an enemy or an enemy landing one on you. This is affected by your luck (LCK) stat.

Chance= luck /1200* 100%

Monsters’ Chance: luck /1200 *100% - your Chance% Note: monsters’ max chance is 110% and their max luck is 1450!

Persuasiveness: Chance of having someone or something doing what you want them to do or join your cause. Only characters use this for certain skills. Monsters use this to prevent them from being tamed. If they can’t be tamed or persuaded, their CHA will exceed or equal 1200.

I found a few thing Yanfly has that can help with certain things, such as upgrading stats via points using a combination of two plugins, which are Job points and skill learning. Yet there is no info on how to not use up one JP pool instead of 2 customized pools for both, (the SP point pool for stat upgrading and a JP pool that is much smaller for Skill tree system.) I also don't want to have Jp earned willy-nilly from battle victories. I want my JP for Jobs to be earned through job level up on a 1 to one basis. Racial classes will use a classic traditional level up system based on base level.

If anyone knows how to further fine tune these plugins, it will be greatly appreciated.

What I need is two resource pools:

SP gain on base level ups

JP gain on job level gain: 1 per level. You get one at Jlv 1 by default per tier.

Tier 1 jobs (max lv is 10): 10, Tier 2 jobs (max lv is 50): 50, and Tier 3 Jobs (max level is 100): 100

Also to note: I still haven't found a way to implement Job Level yet either. I hope I find out soon enough.

Job skill Points: JP

You get one job point (JP) for every job level after lv. 1 and get 1 point to use at the start. They are spent in a 1 to 1 fashion. The cost for better skills doesn’t go up as you spend the points.

Max Job Skill pts for Squire: 10

Max Job Skill pts for First Job: 50

Max Job Skill pts for Second Job: 100

Stat Points Explained:

Each base level after level 1 (you get 100 to spend at start) gives a total of 201 pts to spend giving a total of 200698 total stat pts (total costs in parenthesis), which allows you to max up to three stats; luck to 999 (51397), and two other stat to 999 (102754). This leaves you with 46507 pts to use anywhere. Most common break down would be: Your luck to 950 (45588), one stat to 130 (898) or 4 stats to 50 each (552, 138 apiece) if one stat went to 130, you’d have 21 left over where you would make one stat 10 (18) and 3 remaining to up one stat to 2 (2) with one useless point left over.

If you went the 4 way split route, you’d have 367 left over which you can raise one more stat to 70 (348) and have 19 left over and lastly make one last stat to 10 (18) with the same useless point left over. Depending on class and job, you may go differently.

After that you need to use items to increase your base stats and use items/complete quests that give more stat points since you’re left with 1 stat pt that will go nowhere.

The numbers in parentheses below is the total points used up for that stat value range.

Stat Value

Pts Needed

Stat value

Pts Needed

Stat value

Pts Needed

Stat Value

Pts Needed

2-10

2 (18)

151-160

17 (170)

301-310

32 (320)

451-460

47 (470)

11-20

3 (30)

161-170

18 (180)

311-320

33 (330)

461-470

48 (480)

21-30

4 (40)

171-180

19 (190)

321-330

34 (340)

471-480

49 (490)

31-40

5 (50)

181-190

20 (200)

331-340

35 (350)

481-490

50 (500)

41-50

6 (60)

191-200

21 (210)

341-350

36 (360)

491-500

51 (510)

51-60

7 (70)

201-210

22 (220)

351-360

37 (370)

501-510

52 (520)

61-70

8 (80)

211-220

23 (230)

361-370

38 (380)

511-520

53 (530)

71-80

9 (90)

221-230

24 (240)

371-380

39 (390)

521-530

54 (540)

81-90

10 (100)

231-240

25 (250)

381-390

40 (400)

531-540

55 (550)

91-100

11 (110)

241-250

26 (260)

391-400

41 (410)

541-550

56 (560)

101-110

12 (120)

251-260

27 (270)

401-410

42 (420)

551-560

57 (570)

111-120

13 (130)

261-270

28 (280)

411-420

43 (430)

561-570

58 (580)

121-130

14 (140)

271-280

29 (290)

421-430

44 (440)

571-580

59 (590)

131-140

15 (150)

281-290

30 (300)

431-440

45 (450)

581-590

60 (600)

141-150

16 (160)

291-300

31 (310)

441-450

46 (460)

591-600

61 (610)

Stat value

Pts Needed

Stat value

Pts Needed

Stat Value

Pts Needed

601-610

62 (620)

751-760

77 (770)

901-910

92 (920)

611-620

63 (630)

761-770

78 (780)

911-920

93 (930)

621-630

64 (640)

771-780

79 (790)

921-930

94 (940)

631-640

65 (650)

781-790

80 (800)

931-940

95 (950)

641-650

66 (660)

791-800

81 (810)

941-950

96 (960)

651-660

67 (670)

801-810

82 (820)

951-960

97 (970)

661-670

68 (680)

811-820

83 (830)

961-970

98 (980)

671-680

69 (690)

821-830

84 (840)

971-980

99 (990)

681-690

70 (700)

831-840

85 (850)

981-990

100 (1000)

691-700

71 (710)

841-850

86 (860)

991- 999

101 (909)

701-710

72 (720)

851-860

87 (870)

Start with at Lv 1= 100

Total per 999 stat= 51397

Total held at 999=  200698

Max Hold= 999999

711-720

73 (730)

861-870

88 (880)

721-730

74 (740)

871-880

89 (890)

731-740

75 (750)

881-890

90 (900)

741-750

76 (760)

891-900

91 (910)

Edited by hirokun
Extra info and typoes fixed. (see edit history)
  • 9 months later...

I came to the realization that I may have to downgrade to VX ACE (if you even consider it a downgrade, as I hear its better than MV in some respects), but I may have to wait for a Steam sale to get it. That way I can see if I can use some of the plugins for Desperation and such that Hikewne and others devised on here, as MV might not have them. Also all the plug-ins I may need are already available in VXACE. It would mean less work for me.

1 hour ago, hirokun said:

I came to the realization that I may have to downgrade to VX ACE (if you even consider it a downgrade, as I hear its better than MV in some respects), but I may have to wait for a Steam sale to get it. That way I can see if I can use some of the plugins for Desperation and such that Hikewne and others devised on here, as MV might not have them. Also all the plug-ins I may need are already available in VXACE. It would mean less work for me.

Sounds okay

Yeah its been almost a year, and I practically gave up with MV as I wasn't getting the help ( it was practically brand new or seldom even used at the time over VXACE) I'm also going to do a lot of rewriting and such in the story that this game will be based off of So this RPG will be quite far off to even an Alpha. I'm not basing my later books of Esgardum Legends anymore on our own world we all live in and typing comments on our PCs into this Omorashi community site and "This Very Thread" here. It will however be very similar and quite familiar to our world, but not a 100% 1:1 copy of Earth with some slight changes in historical events, like, myths being rewritten to fit certain themes (Spoiler alert: most gods are just really powerful aliens from my other world Semathia), and current wars and terrorist attacks did not happen-- or maybe how certain nations' retaliation to such events, if they were kept in my version of world history, ended/turned out, and worldwide locations used differently-- as I originally did in the past 14 years, just to shoehorn the major plot-line into it. It's better to start from scratch with a whole other world with similar values and themes and peoples.

Yet if I do downgrade (or side grade) to VXACE, I have to find somewhere to learn the RUBY coding and such for the program, or I'll have the same problems I started with: Not understanding a thing besides using the same crappy base engine and base materials since RPGMAKER2000.

Its a two pronged approach at this point. And It won't be easy for me, but I never like things easy either!

Edited by hirokun
just stuff i needed to add and convey. (see edit history)