Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Have you ever stolen diapers?

I can remember stealing a diaper twice.  The first time I was about 7 or 8.  I stole a cloth diaper from one of the families on our street.  I hid it in my closet, inside a jumpsuit.  It disappeared a few days later.  I assume my mother found it an threw it away.  She never said anything.

The second time was when I was 10.  I took one from the house where my mother was babysitting.  This one was a disposable.  I was very disappointed to find out it didn't fit.  I used quite a bit of tape, but still it didn't work.  I buried that one in the yard.  In my kids logic mind, that was safer than putting it in the trash.

I have a cousin with some kind of medical condition that has left him unable to be fully potty trained. This was great for me but looking back I'm not proud of the fact that I did it. They were a store brand nightime Pull Up from my area in S/M size and I did manage to squeeze into those ones. I don't know what the sides were made of but Goodnites needs to get on that design. He did have some 4T-5T training pants but I never even tried to fit into those

• 2 weeks later...

When my youngest sister was potty training my parents bought her pullups.  This was the mid 90s and I think they either weren't around or just weren't known of by our family before then, so none of my other siblings or I had them.  Anyway, I stole (and used) a few and just put them in the bin with her used ones when I was done.

More recently, whilst on a family holiday (2010, I think), I discovered a pack of Libero size 7 nappies in the wardrobe of the room my sisters were staying in.  I tried one on whilst I was there and stole a few more, which I brought back hidden in the bottom of my suitcase.

That's the limit of my stealing (of anything, not just nappies) but I was brought up in a strict Christian household and I feel incredibly guilty about both occasions despite the fact in some people's eyes they wouldn't even qualify as stealing.