Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

New (April 2017) GoodNites fit significantly better (34" waist)

I don't post a lot, but I really had to share this. I just picked up a package of the new L/XL GoodNites after seeing that they apparently got 'super stretchy sides', and they're great. I have a 34" waist and I had zero issue pulling them up. They fit better around my legs, and the sides are indeed super stretchy, much more so than they used to be not even a year ago. It also feels like they added a little more absorbency and height to the diaper. The fit is almost like the coveted 1990's original GoodNites, although it's not quite there yet.

The new, really stretchy ones are labelled with "5 Layer Protection" and "Double Leg Barriers", and they also have a new design for the sizing chart: https://www.goodnites.com/-/media/gns_image/product/pack/lg_packboy.jpg

If you like GoodNites, check them out.

They're cute, for sure!

I have mixed feelings about the prints. For example, I wish they'd make the "For Boys" ones a plainer design for the sake of the intended users' self-esteem. I personally like the faux-big-boy-underwear design and print (because ABDL, obvz), but it does seem a little out of the target market for the XL size. I wouldn't have been OK with it if I was an older bedwetter, but that's just me.

Edited by Tangerine (see edit history)
22 hours ago, AdorableFluff said:

The new girls goodnites look super cute; i'm gonna have to pick some up.

Untitled.png.b16e03713dd6b1afd270c43ccdeb9638.png

Unfortunately the picture of the Little Mermaid diaper (which I love!) is the smaller size, I think the L-XL are still just adorable owls and butterflies. Though I'll need to go to the shop to check properly. Also Since when do they have XS?

16 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

Also Since when do they have XS?

Since this revision, as far as I can tell.

16 hours ago, ian flemming said:

Wouldn't xs just be pull-ups? 

I think (read: speculate that) the goal was to make the XL sizes larger by adding stretchier elastics and height. If they added it to all the sizes (edit: both S/M and L/XL), it would meet the demand for larger sizes at the L/XL end and in turn open up an overlapping (and somewhat confusing) market segment for Pull-Ups' 3T-4T and 4T-5T with GoodNites' S/M size. I'm not sure of the logic of the XS size there, though, unless they're trying to get the 5T market predisposed to transition to GoodNites now or later. Perhaps Pull-Ups 5T cost less (transition means K-C gains profitability) or are not selling well (transition means K-C sheds loss), but I really don't know.

Any idea how recent this change was? I bought a L/XL pack a few months back, and, with only have a 32'' waist (and having put on some weight in my thighs), it was a tight squeeze to fit them on. I'd have to manually stretch them out before trying to slide them on just to get them to come all the way up. Even doing that, a couple got torn while trying. So do they actually now fit a lot better, more like store brand ones (like Up & Up)? If so, I'll need to try my luck again

On 20/04/2017 at 2:29 PM, Tangerine said:

Since this revision, as far as I can tell.

I think (read: speculate that) the goal was to make the XL sizes larger by adding stretchier elastics and height. If they added it to all the sizes (edit: both S/M and L/XL), it would meet the demand for larger sizes at the L/XL end and in turn open up an overlapping (and somewhat confusing) market segment for Pull-Ups' 3T-4T and 4T-5T with GoodNites' S/M size. I'm not sure of the logic of the XS size there, though, unless they're trying to get the 5T market predisposed to transition to GoodNites now or later. Perhaps Pull-Ups 5T cost less (transition means K-C gains profitability) or are not selling well (transition means K-C sheds loss), but I really don't know.

If I remember correctly, Pull Ups have specialized nightime designs but only in the 2T-3T and 3T-4T sizes. Since bother Goodnites and Pull Ups are owned by Kimberly Clark I imagine the XS is meant to fill in that sizing gap.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:16 PM, Shady said:

Any idea how recent this change was? I bought a L/XL pack a few months back, and, with only have a 32'' waist (and having put on some weight in my thighs), it was a tight squeeze to fit them on. I'd have to manually stretch them out before trying to slide them on just to get them to come all the way up. Even doing that, a couple got torn while trying. So do they actually now fit a lot better, more like store brand ones (like Up & Up)? If so, I'll need to try my luck again

Based on my experience, if you have a 32 inch waist, it sounds like you got a bad pack. I've tried the up & up ones and to me the name brand fit is usually better.

Picked up a pack today, the double leak guards look pretty nice, haven't gotten to test them out though. The overall fit isn't greatly changed; they might rise a little higher but I can't say for sure. Stretchiness of the sides seems the same, which is fine by me. Thickness when dry appears to be identical. Overall in terms of function I just wish they were slightly thicker and had a wider absorbent panel.

Oh, and ditch the terribad camo design and give me back my skateboarders! Or bring the Disney designs to L/XL (a guy can dream)!

I know that, because of obvious geographic differences, the number of people that have had recent Drynites AND Goodnites are going to be fairly limited, but, does anyone know how they compare?

I ordered Drynites a few months ago from a seller on ebay, and I noticed that the padding felt stiffer, and that the sides were a bit more stretchy and comfortable; from what I remember, it also listed an XS size on the package.

I'm just curious, obviously, if the new goodnites are the same as those Drynites from a few months ago; maybe goodnites were just a little behind in the model prodcution. I haven't been able to find the new goodnites in stores yet, but I liked the comfort of the drynites.

I'm in Ontario, Canada and I'm not sure if the products are exactly the same everywhere or if everyone has the 'new' ones, but I'd imagine if they're labelled with the new packaging they're probably the same as the ones I tried. I guess it's a "try your luck" thing, as I've found it usually is with GoodNites' different versions. I just figured I'd share in case anyone else liked GoodNites.

On 2017-04-24 at 10:05 AM, Little-Boy-Blue said:

Okay. So I got these, and I made sure to get the new ones, and they do go up easier. But I dunno if it's because I'm a big 34 or if it's just because it's not very true, but they still very much suffer being incredibly low waisted. But they don't seem as prone to ripping on me. At least not yet. 

Yeah, mine haven't ripped at all. My opinion is that they really do have stretchier sides. I even had one pair loosen up on me after a while, which I didn't care for, but it's tolerable.

About the rise, perhaps my perception is due to my body proportions. I'm shorter and have big legs and a small torso from cycling all of my teenage and adult life, so that could be it.

On 2017-04-22 at 3:14 PM, juntaglom said:

Oh, and ditch the terribad camo design and give me back my skateboarders! Or bring the Disney designs to L/XL (a guy can dream)!

That camo design is seriously awful, like, painfully awful. I can't imagine any kid would like it. Is military stuff still cool, or is K-C out to lunch?

On 25/04/2017 at 11:03 AM, Tangerine said:

I'm in Ontario, Canada and I'm not sure if the products are exactly the same everywhere or if everyone has the 'new' ones, but I'd imagine if they're labelled with the new packaging they're probably the same as the ones I tried. I guess it's a "try your luck" thing, as I've found it usually is with GoodNites' different versions. I just figured I'd share in case anyone else liked GoodNites.

I still haven't seen the XS size out here in BC. As for the new designs+new packaging, I remember when they first released the owl/butterfly set in the L/XL size a few ABDLs were complaining that they bought packs with the new designs advertised but got the old designs so I imagine in a couple months most of the transition period packs will have been sold off