Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What does omo.org think about marijuana?

I'm still new here and was wondering about what the community thinks about weed. I've contributed only a couple of stories so far (all about staged public desperation and wettings) and have neglected to include any details about my marijuana usage even though they've played a role. It's something I do with my husband, with friends, and usually once a week on my own if I find the time. I only smoke in small amounts, mostly because I'm a lightweight anyways, and I try to limit my driving when I do. It's pretty good at numbing the pain that comes from holding piss when I'm building up for a real desperate scene and overall makes for a more enjoyable experience. Its legal now where I live and my job doesn't prohibit it or anything (though I would never talk about something so unprofessional at work!!!) and I've been a casual smoker since my freshman year of college and am now pursuing my masters degree in business law. Anyways I just wanted to hear from all of you about if you think I should include it in my future stories and what your opinions are.

27 minutes ago, OmoCommando said:

The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. I find it repulsive.

I know where you're coming from. While I've used it long enough to be able to ignore the smell its still not something I want other people to smell on me. (I used to hate it when I first started) I usually smoke on my porch or if its too cold I'll open a few windows. My husband says he actually likes the smell! I have to get on him sometimes about general house cleanliness...

I have joint pain, back and neck pain, migraines and fatigue. Not to mention social anxiety. I basically almost have all of the most common reasons why I should smoke pot for my health. I personally just do it to relax and ya know, not be in horrible amounts of pain. Meditation does help a little bit but for the most part, it's the pot that helps me out. Plus, just sitting down with a joint and some heavy metal playing while I'm just laying on my bed staring at the ceiling is the best feeling in the world.

15 minutes ago, WetMalissa said:

I know where you're coming from. While I've used it long enough to be able to ignore the smell its still not something I want other people to smell on me. (I used to hate it when I first started) I usually smoke on my porch or if its too cold I'll open a few windows. My husband says he actually likes the smell! I have to get on him sometimes about general house cleanliness...

I don't really understand that at all. I personally love the smell of weed. The taste on the other hand in editables is quite nasty. It always comes out as these dry brownies. My mom's brownies do get me high, but I'd rather just toke. But if you don't like the smell, then why not try taking up some baking?

Another thing that I love is the smell of tobacco. I wonder if it comes in a perfume. I actually have this friend who I'm sorta more then friends with and I love his smell after he's done smoking. On a good and bad note though, he went cold turkey! Now I really do need to find a tobacco perfume and fast! This is exactly why I will never buy a pack because I know for a fact that the minute I light one, I'm going to be hopelessly addicted for the rest of my life. Cancer-free weed is all I need in my life! :P

14 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

But if you don't like the smell, then why not try taking up some baking?

I love baking! It's honestly my preferred way to get high but after an edible the rest of my day is donezo! As for the cancer thing I'm not really sure marijuana has been proven to be free of those long-term effects... it may be. But I suspect that anything inhaled into the lungs like that carries with it some kind of risk. Weed is definitely worth it though because of the all the positive effects it brings. That said do what makes you happy.

And congratulations on getting high with your parents! My brother and I have smoked with our daddy on several occasions. Apparently he smoked a lot before marrying my mom and took it up again after they divorced. He's honestly happier and healthier than Ive ever seen him! I can't say the same for mom...

I do not smoke it but think it should be legal everywhere. But in my opinion reading about it in a story or experience is something I would have to learn to accept. I have been raised with alcohol being legal so to read that is a story is fine but all my life pot has been illegal (soon to be legal in Canada) so it has always been talked about in hushed whispers and so to read it in a stories would be new. 

While I don't smoke personally, I'm a big fan of legalization. It's a no-brainer to have a safe, regulated marijuana industry that generates tax revenue for state and local communities, while simultaneously freeing up the money currently used to incarcerate non-violent "offenders" of an unnecessary and unjustified prohibition.

As far as weed in omo stories? I'm neither here nor there as far as fiction goes, but if it's non-fiction, and you feel it's relevant to the situation at hand, then I'd throw it in there.

To be quite honest, I usually only do omo stuff if I'm extremely high. Otherwise, I'm far too nervous to do it (I almost exclusively dabble in public wetting...). Orgasms are also a million times more intense when high. Its actually become a problem, I can't get off as easily now sober 8I

Its good to see other people into smoking on this forum. I'm at bit of a stoner lol

On 4/13/2017 at 8:24 PM, Dark Star said:

I don't really understand that at all. I personally love the smell of weed. The taste on the other hand in editables is quite nasty.

I completely agree. Before I started smoking, i HATED the smell of weed. Now I love it. Edibles, actually, was the other way around for me. I didnt mind the taste initially (i remember thinking the cookies tasted a tad like sawdust but otherwise okay). Now edibles make me gag. I only eat the sour gummies my local dispensary sells, since they actually don't taste like weed at all and are actually pretty good.

OK... it appears I'm massively outnumbered here so please don't judge me too harshly! Unfortunately it's something I do feel really quite strongly about, but I don't mean to have a go at anyone here personally so apologies if it comes out wrong... And the more I've been typing, the stronger I've been feeling so I really do apologise if I upset anyone, it's not my intention but I know I don't always manage to express myself properly when typing...

So in summary - I really hate weed and I think the mention of it significantly detracts from any story. I have my reasons.

Oh, and if anyone's reading past here, I want to point out that the following is usually just my internal feelings on the subject (dug up due to the topic under discussion) - my overriding attitude when it comes to actual people is that I take everyone at face value, and I've read plenty of stories and posts by you omo-stoner lot and I really do love you all, regardless of what is a fairly virulent anti-weed stance! ... OK, here goes the rant:

Whenever I see mention of weed in a story here, or anywhere TBH, the weed user automatically drops a lotta rungs down my own personal respect ladder - it's still illegal here in the UK and I was brought up to respect the law and also to avoid unnecessary vices where possible... Now I've sort of ignored that when it comes to Booze (though I don't drink during the week or anything), and I do occasionally smoke due to stress or boredom (like I'll smoke for a couple of months during exams then not smoke again for a few years). I have also tried a fairly wide variety of drugs once or twice, especially when I've been at Glastonbury festival, to see what they're like and also it means I can state my position having at least tested myself, but I never found anything that was interesting enough to make me break my moral code. (and I've avoided the serious addictive no-no's like heroin or crack)

I suspect the fact that I take some sort of amphetamines (or something pretty heavy anyways, I don't know the chemistry) on prescription for my ADHD may reduce the impact I feel from any other drugs I take, but in the case of weed I tried smoking it on a number of occasions and every time it just whited me out, and when I tried space cakes in Amsterdam it apparently just made me more chatty but I didn't feel even slightly different. I suppose having never felt any of the supposed benefits from it is bound to make me less impressed by it, but still...

I was brought up understanding the word "stoner" to be a kind of waster, just slouched around giggling and eating but not making any useful contribution kind of deal... My older brother was a stoner at school and he and his stoner friends totally reinforced this image, he really messed with our family, and his grades just plummeted. He was every bit as smart as me before (ie straight-A student), but the weed and the people he was hanging with just ruined that completely and even now he's been bouncing from job to job, not sure what he wants to do with his life... It really makes me despise weed not just because it ruined him, but also (and somewhat selfishly) it put all the pressure on me to be a success as no-one expects anything from my stoner brother anymore.

And I don't know the full range of issues behind its (il)legalisation, but for it to have been illegal for so long it's clearly not candy floss kind of harmless, plus I've seen first hand how it just saps brainpower, motivation and the like and ruins lives.

OK, rant over - like I say I really hate weed in theory, but I really do love you guys too so please don't take it to heart!

8 hours ago, LunasAuditor said:

I was brought up understanding the word "stoner" to be a kind of waster, just slouched around giggling and eating but not making any useful contribution kind of deal... My older brother was a stoner at school and he and his stoner friends totally reinforced this image, he really messed with our family, and his grades just plummeted. He was every bit as smart as me before (ie straight-A student), but the weed and the people he was hanging with just ruined that completely and even now he's been bouncing from job to job, not sure what he wants to do with his life... It really makes me despise weed not just because it ruined him, but also (and somewhat selfishly) it put all the pressure on me to be a success as no-one expects anything from my stoner brother anymore.

For me, the weed helps me write for a start off. Namely because because it helps with my headaches which prevent me from being able to write. I've actually had severe migraines that last up to a week. It also helps me with my pain levels so I can actually crawl out of bed everyday. Basically, without weed I would be that person sitting on my mom's couch and just dying. Just straight up, slowly withering away until I finally just die.

I also really love the aftermath like right now. Even though I'm not high, thanks to the hit last night, I'm cool and collected. My headache is not existent and my pain is completely missing.

Overall, weed can have some negative effects when it's used as a social drug or even abused but as a medication, it's pretty damn amazing. And TBF every single medication you take right now can be abused.

I don't think it should be illegal.  However, I am not personally a fan of it.  But, I don't think that means no one else should get to use it.

However, I don't buy into all the pro-legalization arguments.  Due to its illegality, there simply hasn't been that much research done around it.  Some early research shows that it may significantly contribute to different cancers, but I still come across the argument that it is safer than cigarettes.  Well, it might be, but the research simply isn't there yet to know for sure.  The same goes for its medicinal qualities.  While it seems clear that it does have significant therapeutic uses, and there is some promising research regarding possible medicinal uses beyond just pain relief, there hasn't been a ton of research with large scale placebo control studies.

So, I guess I would say I am pro legalization, but I am highly skeptical of its safety and think a lot more research needs to be done medically.

On 19/04/2017 at 6:27 PM, Dark Star said:

Overall, weed can have some negative effects when it's used as a social drug or even abused but as a medication, it's pretty damn amazing. And TBF every single medication you take right now can be abused.

Guess I didn't think of the medicinal uses - as far as that goes I absolutely think it should be available if it is the only thing that helps, or it helps significantly more than other medications. But as with any medicine more significant than paracetamol etc, it should be available, but should be on prescription only and heavily regulated to make sure it's only used by people who need it, not people who just use it as a vice...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 3:14 PM, TVGuy said:

Due to its illegality, there simply hasn't been that much research done around it.

Yep, the inability to fund US research on marijuana has been the biggest shackle on making informed policy decisions.  It's hard crafting an argument in favor of legalizing something with little info on its health and medical effects to back you up, but then you can't get professional, peer reviewed info on something that's nearly impossible to experiment with above board.

Looking at it another way, the public health impacts of legalization pale in comparison to the quality of life impacts on would-be "offenders", the largely private prisons that hold them for non-violent drug-related crimes, and the businesses that habitually avoid hiring people who've been permanently branded as unemployable criminals for something as simple as buying weed by this corrupt system that hasn't stopped drug use at all.

Research will come in time, and I believe that we as a society can react to that and change our policies as needed to keep everyone healthy and free of unwarranted criminal records.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll usually vape a bowl or have a roll after work, I've recently cut tobacco out of it though. I know smoking anything is bad for you but it feels like tobacco is way worse health wise than marijuana is. Over in the UK although it's not legal it might as well be, nobody cares about it... Police included. Where we used to live the police department actively said they wouldn't prosecute anyone caught growing 2 plants, I think they just can't be bothered with the paperwork for what is generally a pretty innocent thing to do.

Kind of strange really that the only drawbacks are that it does fund crime, in terms of there's a pretty huge underground market of the buying and selling that ultimately will go in some way towards funding crime, a regulated market would almost eradicate this.