Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Wetting the bed on purpose

I never did, but I would not have been humiliated by my mom and step dad. My biological father and step-witch would have:

1. Used the fact I wet my bed against me at every opportunity.

2. Broadcast to anyone they wanted to tell what I had done.

3. Found a way to sabotage any relationship I had by telling a prospective girlfriend what happened (as well as lying about the severity and exaggerating the episode.)

4. My step-witch would have found a way to physically abuse me (like trying to kick a cabinet door shut and kicking me full on in the balls. I wish I could say I was exaggerating, but when she was angry at me (for reading too many books or forgetting to take out the trash) she would do things like "accidently" opening a cabinet door when I was walking past or kicking a supposedly open door and missing - hitting me on the knees, legs, nuts, etc.

I used to as a kid, but never on purpose. I eventually developed a huge paranoia where I wouldn't be able to fall asleep unless I'd gone to the bathroom twice. 

Now, I just wish I had a way that I could wet the bed without making a bunch of work for myself, and I wish even more that my boyfriend and I could do watersports stuff somewhere other than my tiny shower...

1 hour ago, Mirri said:

I used to as a kid, but never on purpose. I eventually developed a huge paranoia where I wouldn't be able to fall asleep unless I'd gone to the bathroom twice. 

Now, I just wish I had a way that I could wet the bed without making a bunch of work for myself, and I wish even more that my boyfriend and I could do watersports stuff somewhere other than my tiny shower...

Don't you have a mattress protector? They make them soft, waterproof, and machine washable. Definitely convenient and worth it.

I would never have been allowed to wet my bed as a child. I've pissed myself all my life, but I didn't start wetting my bed until I was 22  and did my own laundry and had my own bed. I was flatting, and my flatmates always knew when I'd wet my bed. I couldn't figure out how, but I probably stank after lying in piss all night.

On 3/8/2017 at 7:56 PM, Mirri said:

Following a fear wetting, I also did the whole paranoid thing. I remember nights where I would run warm water on my hands for minutes to squeak out those last few drops. 

There was a period of time that was a blur from PTSD and shock, but from the fear and paranoia, and a mattress change soon after, I wonder if I did have bed wetting troubles for a bit. My parents were very quiet about the attack that caused me to wet myself in fear and the time right after.

I have never wet the bed on purpose. While I was living alone, I had carry my laundry downstairs and pay for every load, so it would have lead to extra expenditures and a potential awkward situation of getting caught with wet sheets...

Now, I'm married, and I can was a load of sheets and the duvet in our washing machine, but we don't have a mattress cover. Though I am very curious what the experience is like.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, and I explain below why it is a bad idea:

When I was very young (late 3s or perhaps early 4s) before my parents got a twin size bed for me I was still sleeping in a bed with bars on the side to keep me from falling out of bed. This was basically a large crib.

At first, my parents encouraged me to wake them up (in order to help my toilet  training along) if I needed to “go” during the night. Then my sister (who is four years older then I am) started falling asleep in class because (according to her) I was waking her up too many times at night. We were both sleeping in the same room but in different beds. My parents were in the bedroom one room over on the first floor of the house.

At this point, my mother explained to me that she was proud of me for trying to potty train, but my sister is falling asleep in school, and her schooling is more important right now. Therefore, the new rule is that if I need to “go” during the night I am to do it in bed. I was told that the crib mattress is waterproof and easy to clean and the sheets, pajamas, etc. would be washed every morning. I did that (reluctantly at first) with some light pajamas on that were dark in color and some towels under me to keep the floor from getting wet. I was given plenty of sodas to drink before bed so my urine wouldn’t become too concentrated and that way I was able to go when I needed to and rarely (if ever) got a rash from it. At first, I woke up to pee, but eventually it became automatic again. This may be due in part to how much caffeine was in the sodas along with the amount of fluids I was drinking and (at least sometimes) being tucked into bed without a bathroom break because I was going to wet the bed anyway.

Later on I had a new bed (in my own upstairs bedroom) that was twin size and the rules changed again. My sister now had her own bedroom across the hall. By now, there were no bars on the side of my bed and I was to at least try to go in the toilet at night. The first few nights my parents would wake me up when I was still dry and take me to the bathroom to get me used to the idea of not “going” in bed. After a few nights or so they stopped waking me up and I went right back to wetting the bed (at this point completely by accident). I was at least four at this point.

My parents didn’t want me to lose my confidence so they had me wear pajamas with feet and a zipper on the front. They bought me some pampers and my mother would wait for me to be either asleep or too tired to notice and then diaper me in bed. In the morning, she would clean me up, take the diaper off and wake me up and I would think that I woke up dry. This continued until I was about nine or ten years old. I only learned of this some time later when my grandmother (mother’s mother) eventually told me of it and my mother confirmed it.

By this time, I was at least eleven or twelve and I was actually waking up dry. The Pampers fit me before that because I was born prematurely and was very small for my age (fifth percentile or less). Luckily I became healthier and had a growth spurt during puberty. No one was really expecting that. I am the shortest male in my family, but my height is still technically within the normal range. 

I am in my 40s and by the way my sister still fell asleep in class for at least another three or four years. It turns out that she was actually not sleeping well because of sodas, junk food and late night TV. One night when I was about eight or nine my parents caught her watching TV around two or three in the morning. At first she claimed that she couldn’t sleep, but in the morning my mother noticed what time she had her alarm clock set for and gave her quite the lecture. She was apparently doing this for the past three or four years (which she eventually admitted to) and it turns out that all of this was (in all likelihood) completely unnecessary.

• 2 years later...