The curse of the eastern isle

Recommended Posts

Blacksmith first. Possibly get weapons, but also ask him for names of prolific adventurers. It is likely that if there is anyone around here of note you can hire, they likely have their weapons made or maintained by this smithy here, and the smithy would likely know what they're capable of on an objective basis due to his profession, helping you pick which ones you wish to bring along. Once you are all geared up with arms and names, visit the tavern. Quench your thirst and hunger and run by the names you've gotten you the barkeep. It is likely he'd have heard tales about them, know them personally, and possibly even be able to point them out for you given that taverns tend to be the social hubs of most fantasy worlds such as this. It is quite possible anybody you deem of note is already at the tavern! If not, likely will at some point. Then, once you're all geared up, fed, and have the party assembled, visit the gypsies. Because, you know, never visit gypsies alone. You're asking for trouble. Never trust gypsies in a troubled land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Waluigi said:

So is robing people even something you'd consider doing?

If it wins the majority vote we're welcome to try. 

No guarantee you can rob magical people and survive though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KozmoFox said:

Blacksmith first. Possibly get weapons, but also ask him for names of prolific adventurers. It is likely that if there is anyone around here of note you can hire, they likely have their weapons made or maintained by this smithy here, and the smithy would likely know what they're capable of on an objective basis due to his profession, helping you pick which ones you wish to bring along. Once you are all geared up with arms and names, visit the tavern. Quench your thirst and hunger and run by the names you've gotten you the barkeep. It is likely he'd have heard tales about them, know them personally, and possibly even be able to point them out for you given that taverns tend to be the social hubs of most fantasy worlds such as this. It is quite possible anybody you deem of note is already at the tavern! If not, likely will at some point. Then, once you're all geared up, fed, and have the party assembled, visit the gypsies. Because, you know, never visit gypsies alone. You're asking for trouble. Never trust gypsies in a troubled land.

Faust believes this is a very wise option. It would be best to have proper weapons and such, before settling on adventures. After all, some people may a bit...harder to convince without sufficient coercion.....

Plus, as noted. It would let you find out about any interesting, potential characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This chapter took a bit of time and I'm happy with how it turned out. Again, any feedback is greatly appreciated because dialogue and description are still my writing kryptonite.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a moment of thought, you decide to visit the blacksmith with the hope of getting some information regarding the local sellswords. Even a small town at the end of the world would have its fair share of people willing to lend a blade or two for the right gold, as well as those who came looking to answer the call of the accursed eastern isle, and as the man who maintains and forges the weaponry, the blacksmith would surely know a thing or two. As you begin to walk up toward the echoes of the hammer and anvil, you feel a small twinge in your bladder; it is not a serious problem, but it reminds you that you had been on the road for...who knows how many hours this morning without a single stop. You shake it off and set it aside for later, you’ve held out through much worse, you’ll hold out for another hour or two.

You noticed a strange quiet atmosphere when you first rode into the town and it only makes you more uncomfortable as you walk through it. You saw the fishermen by the dock, but they are the only people you’ve noticed. When the dock is out of sight and the only sound left is the echo from the blacksmith, it dawns on you that there isn’t a single person in the streets. You weren’t expecting a bustling port town like you’d find in Vetalli or Eserith, but the fact you are the only one in the streets is unnerving. You catch a glimpse of an empty house as you pass, stripped of everything but the tables and chairs...almost like it was abandoned. The same for the shack above it, empty. To you, it seems obvious people have left the town, which may also explain the cart you saw in the forest on your way here, but why is the question on your mind, it could have been as simple as the innocents desire to flee the berserk beasts and demons that prowl the tundras once the moon rises. That was not unlikely, Dzarapor is after all a small defenceless hub out in the middle of nowhere, devoid of any proper guards of defences, but you can’t help but think of Oldengrad...could it be the rumours and stories forced people away from the town? Fearing that whatever had taken the island could find it’s way toward this small town by the sea? There’s a dozen different ways the Oldengrad tale has been told during your travels, angry gods, vengeful demons, there was even one drunken lunatic who tried to blame it all on the gypsies. Whatever the reason, it was only logical that people would fear the curse wouldn’t stay contained on the island forever.

The blacksmith is a small building up the road from the entrance, at the end of a row of splintered shacks. The hammering takes you around the back of the building where you find a tall, skinny man with a pointed nose hammering on a blade. He is accompanied by a beautiful white haired girl, wearing a fine set of silver plate atop a black dress, she looks like a noble knight from an old legend standing majestically as she watches the blacksmith. When he is finished, he removes a beautiful sword from a trough. It glows with a radiance you can only compare to holy light, just looking at it hurts your eyes, almost as if the swords glow can sense the darkness of your own magic.

Forged from silver and cooled in holy water as per your request.” The blacksmith wipes off the water and offers it to the white haired girl. “I don’t think I’ve worked on a finer blade.”

The white haired girl holds the sword in her hand, admiring it herself with a simple look of satisfaction on her face making it obvious she takes no interest in the beauty of the weapon she wields, but rather it’s practicality. “This will work well. Thank you, Vasili.” The girl bows before throwing a small sack at the blacksmith.

No, thank you, Lucina. It’s not often I get a job like this. Feels good to be working on something more than daggers and boats.”

The girl takes her leave, stopping beside for you a moment, you catch the scent of lilac from her. She examines you carefully, her eyes running up and down you, taking note of every part of you, from the colour of your hair to the sword in your sheath and everything inbetween. She nods, clearly satisfied with...whatever the hell she was looking for and walks past you.

Another stranger in Dzarapor?” Now that his business is concluded, the blacksmith turns to you. “I’d say I’m shocked but...you’re the sixth one this month.” The blacksmith leans against the forge, lighting a small wooden pipe. “Name is Vasili, I work the forge. Welcome to Vasili’s weapons and wares.” He exhales, blowing out a cloud of smoke. “If you’re looking for a special order, it’ll cost you and you’ll need to supply the material, but I can make you a sword that could cut the gods in two!” Vasili chuckles. “Or...if you just want a regular sword or gun, I have a few standard armaments lying around.”

 

What do you wish to do?

 

> Acquire a new weapon (Pick two from the following: Shortsword/longsword/rapier/dagger/pistol/ rifle/blunderbuss)

 

> Inquire about repairing your current shortsword

 

> Don’t bother with a weapon, but ask about adventurers

 

> Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask about repairing our short sword. I assume repairing our weapon would be a bit cheaper than getting a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that changing weapons would take some getting used to so I'm going to go with repair/improve our sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repair your weapon.
We don't want to waste gold on common swords. Let's save it for something realy usefull - like when we find special ore (meteor or otherwise) which could give us a real powerful sword.

And I am with Nickeryda - you just dont switch to another type of weapon.
If you are trained with a short sword you can't just grab a longsword.
The handling is totally different. It is a little like a language - just because you can speak english doesn't mean you can speak French too. The letters are the same, but it is nevertheless totally different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth noting, since I completely spaced it as a monster hunter Franziska has some skill with a longsword, rapier, and pistol. She is also reliable with a weapon in her off-hand, allowing her to dual-wield somewhat effectively. (This was an exclusive for monster hunter) Apologies, I totally forgot until I reread the notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JustCallum said:

It's worth noting, since I completely spaced it as a monster hunter Franziska has some skill with a longsword, rapier, and pistol. She is also reliable with a weapon in her off-hand, allowing her to dual-wield somewhat effectively. (This was an exclusive for monster hunter) Apologies, I totally forgot until I reread the notes.

Knowing that then maybe a pistol in her other hand if it's not to expensive

Edited by Nikeryda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repair the shortsword, get a pistol to off-hand.

No double halibut option, what is this madness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, we should take note of the skill the blacksmith has. From the blade Lucina has just acquired we can ascertain that this blacksmith has quite the notable ability in his craft. If he has any wares laying around the forge in view, have Franziska take note of standard swords. Would they be superior in quality to our own? (Post-repair, of course.) Depending on if they are an obvious high-step up from our current armament, it could be something to consider. Otherwise, we could wait until we have some notable materials to work into a custom weapon, like Lucina obviously had (From the dialogue the smithy gave us after she left, we can assume she supplied the silver and holy water)

Our shortsword is already silver, so it is likely it would be better than a standard for what we are here for...Its just nice to consider. I would also wonder if the demon blood we house in our inventory could be worked into the silver itself by the smith via the cooling, like Lucina had done with holy water, although it is likely we don't have enough blood for it. It's just something cool to think about, as a permanent effect is very often better than a temporary one.

So with all the above in mind, if there's something not outright BETTER about his standard arms, we repair. Keep blood thing in mind. Chat with him as he repairs to ask not only about the adventurers, but also potential types of ammunition for the pistol we are also purchasing. When purchasing a pistol it might not be bad to have a couple of silver bullets, given our profession and all, to go with some regular ammunition. Perhaps he even has some other cool things we do not know about. Highest priority would be adventurers though...That Lucina girl seemed interesting. If he knows about some adventurers we could assemble that look like and are armed like that, we are definitely off to a good start!

He did say we were the sixth one this month. Perhaps multiple of us are here for the same cause?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KozmoFox said:

I would also wonder if the demon blood we house in our inventory could be worked into the silver itself by the smith via the cooling, like Lucina had done with holy water, although it is likely we don't have enough blood for it. It's just something cool to think about, as a permanent effect is very often better than a temporary one.

This is actually a cool idea.  I had forgotten that we had the demon blood.  If we're going to do something like this though I agree we should wait to get better materials first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repair weapon and buy a pistol seems like a reasonable thing to do but also if we have the money improve the short sword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Additional apologies, I’m trying to keep the font and size consistent, but since I keep swapping between pastebin and libreoffice I think it keeps fucking it up. I'll straighten it out shortly, once Libreoffice stops being so fuckin' slow. (Post edit: Fuck Libreoffice and Pastebin, this was done in Googledocs.)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I’m not here for a special order,” you say to Vasili as you draw your shortsword, “just some repairs and perhaps a look at your firearms?” You spin the blade, offering the hilt to the blacksmith.

 

Vasili examines the blade closely, bringing it up to his and starting with the edges. He finishes by  giving it a quick practice swing. “Old girl has had better days, though it’s nothing I can’t handle, just needs to be reforged and sharpened.” He props the sword up against the forge. “It’ll take a little while, but she’ll be as good as new when I’m done with her. In the meantime, let’s see about getting you a pistol.” Vasili directs you into the shack beside the forge. His workshop, a small rundown little room with a few axes and swords lying on the table. You examine them for yourself simple work, unbefitting for a man of his talent. These are peasant weapons, designed to be wielded by the likes of fishwives and farmer. These weak wares may cut through the supple flesh of a wolf, but you’d wage they’d split the second they came into contact with any armour stronger than bandit leather. You decide it was best to get your silver sword fixed because these wares paled in comparison. It was obvious Vasili was skilled, but Dzarapor most likely didn’t provide many opportunities to work on or craft finer weaponry. You can only hope his pistols are somewhat decent.

 

These weapons don’t compliment your skills.” You say, taking an unpleasantly bulky axe in your hand.

 

Well, fishermen and simple folk don’t need swords dipped in holy water or made from the most expensive silver, they only need simple and strong blades, something to keep the bandits and wolves at bay.” Vasili hands you a pistol from beneath his counter. “Nothing fancy, but a fine weapon.”

 

You take the firearm, a single barrelled high power pistol. It’s simple design, a wooden stock and a dull grey iron barrel, but it’s shabby appearance took nothing away from its practicality, capable of taking out most things with a clean shot to the head, demons included if it’s loaded with a silver bullet. You had some training with a similar firearm from a gunslinger in Eserith while you were travelling in the south. It’s been a while and the feeling of a pistol in your hand is a foreign one after so long, but quickly you get accustomed to it. You aim down the sights and point the pistol out the door. “It’s perfect.” You say with a smile on your face.

I think you should wait until you’ve tried it before you say that.” Vasili pulls a few crudely made bullets from beneath the counter. “I’ve got a range out the back of the workshop if you wish to sample it in action.”

You’d welcome the opportunity to get some practice in, so you take the blacksmith up on his offer. He shows you behind the workshop, where a few simple targets and bottles are lined up on a shelf.

 

You load the pistol, take aim with one hand and fire. The first bottle explodes under the power of the crude bullet. “Impressive...” You smirk.

 

Glad to hear it. You get ten shots so make them count Anything after that costs money.”

 

You take a handful of bullets, load the pistol again, and take aim, destroying another bottle. Even after a few years with just a sword by your side, you still had the knowledge of using a firearm lying dormant in your mind, it’s as just taking a pistol and feeling the grip in your hands was enough to reawaken your skill. You continue your practice, destroying a few more bottles, each time moving back a little to test your ability at longer ranges. Turns out you are still quite the shot.

 

By the way...” You turn to Vasili, who is resting against his shack, spectating your practice. “You mentioned I was the sixth stranger this month.”

 

He nods “I did. We’ve had a few people come into town, chasing after Oldengrad, from what I hear. Just when I thought that place had scared off every person stupid enough to pursue it, I meet six more of you.” He shakes his head and laughs. “At least you and these others actually look somewhat up to the task. Most idiots I saw rode toward Oldengrad with cheap leather armour and swords made of cheap iron...and people wondered why they vanished there.”

 

"How do you know I'm here for Oldengrad?"

 

"Because the only people we get in this town anymore are people heading for that hell of an island. And look at you, Selkava almanac, silver shortsword, armour, of course you're here for that. Unless work in the south has dried up and you're looking to kill wolves for a trade, and if that were the case, don't need to come here to do that."

 

You got me. I don’t suppose you could share a little bit about these other people? Surely as the man who maintains the forge and weapons, you’ve had some contact with them.” You take aim and fire off the fifth shot, again your aim does not fail you as you defeat another bottle.

 

I have not had the pleasure of meeting them all. I have had dealings with two of them, one of whom was that girl you saw earlier.”

 

Would you be willing to be shed some light on the two you have had dealings with?”

 

He acknowledges your request with a firm nod of his head. “Hoping to forge some alliances to accompany you? Well, there’s Lucina, the girl you saw me making that sword for. She rode into town about two weeks ago. First thing she did was come up to see me, told me she was heading for Oldengrad and inquired if I was capable of crafting her a sword of pure silver and cooled in holy water. At first I laughed, thought she was joking...but I soon shut up when she threw down four bars of silver, a flask of holy water, and a thousand gold. Girl knows how to prepare...she hasn’t said much but I can tell enough about her simply from the weapon she ordered. She’s got experience, something all those other mercenaries lacked, she’s got a head for combat and technique to match. I’ve seen her training on some mornings, she moves as fast as a gale even with a greatsword in her hands, how most men move with a shortsword is how she moves with a two handed sword, it’s almost non-human. If you’re interested in forming an alliance with some of the others, I’d suggest talking to her.”

 

You nod your head. “Thank you. And the other girl?”

 

Other girl is a tad...eccentric. Her name’s Margo. She rode into Dzarapor a fortnight ago with an older girl; I don’t think that girl was right in the head, kept calling little Margo ‘mother’ for some strange reason...”

 

Little? She’s a child?” You're offset by the thought of a child being called Mother.

 

She looks like one, she must be about...three foot? Four foot? She’s small I can say that much. But I don’t know her age. If she is a child she’s awfully mature for her age, I’ve never known anybody take such an interest in machinery like she does. She wandered in here one day, looking for some rifle parts. I sold her a few old muskets and I was curious what she intended to do with them, so she told me she was working on a steam-powered rifle capable of propelling rivets. I was impressed, asked to see the thing for myself...sure enough, she brings me this strange, bulky rifle that hisses steam. Damn thing worked too! Put a rivet clean through a target and the wall of my shed!” Vasili chuckles. “She’s crafty, intelligent, and reliable, though something tells me she isn’t heading for Oldengrad for the glory of freeing it from its woes. She doesn’t seem like she cares for that kind of thing, but if you need an engineer by your side, you’ll find her up in the tavern.”

 

Thank you, Vasili. I don't suppose you can share something about any of the others?"

 

Sadly I can’t.” The blacksmith shakes his head. “All I can say is that a hooded girl with a violin, a blonde haired girl wielding a halberd, and a mage from the Magic Arcanum showed up in the last month, all looking to head to Oldengrad themselves. I imagine Mac, who runs the tavern, can give you a few things about them. He’s the only one who seems to talk to them.”

 

You nod your head, grateful for what Vasili has shared. Lucina and Margo seem like interesting choices, especially Margo, engineers are a rare sight in Serkaine and if her talents are as good as Vasili said, she may prove useful.

 

One last thing before I leave...” You inquire.

 

Of course.”

 

Since you were able to bless Lucina’s sword with holy water, would you be able to do the same with mine, but with demons blood?” You grab the small flask and offer it to the blacksmith.

 

Vasili shakes his head.

 

“Afraid not, as much as I would love to say I could, it’s a little different from working with holy water. A blade can simply be cooled in holy water. Demon blood would need to be infused with the blade itself if you want it to last longer...and even so...It’s not a guarantee it will work. I have heard there’s a blacksmith in Oldengrad capable of doing it though, ex-Selkava, adept with different means of enchanting and enhancing silver blades. If you come across him, you could try asking.”

 

You frown at Vasili’s words, but understand. You place the flask back onto your belt and bid a brief farewell to Vasili. “Come back in a while and she’ll be ready!” The blacksmith shouts as you walk back into the street. You remember the names, Margo and Lucina, and head up towards the tavern.

 

The tavern is the biggest building in the town, at the top of the street from the entrance. It was only right the hub for travelers would be the building to stand out. The heavenly aroma of beef stew and mulled wine coupled with the pleasant sounds of violin music from within stir feelings of joy within you. Your stomach growls and you can’t help but think again to the joys of a well-earned hot meal rounded off with a cup of wine that will surely soothe your fear and anxiety about the road ahead. You enter the tavern, being immediately greeted by a girl. “Welcome to the black bortski tavern!” The girl smiles warmly, but you don’t notice as your attention turns to the girls rather...shapely body and firm breasts, hidden away by a corset and jacket, although you get more than enough of a pleasant glance of her cleavage. You suddenly feel warm inside as you continue leering at the girls fine bosom. How long had it been since you'd lain with another woman? Staved off the cold with the company of a lovely lasses bare flesh against your own? A while. In fact it had been so long you could've passed it for an oath of celibacy. 

 

“If you need anything, I’ll be happy to help! And Mac is working the bar if you need anything from him!” The girl continues, oblivious to your eyes on her womanly area.

 

T-thank you...” You finally say after you snap yourself out of the perverted trance. How long had it been since you'd lain with another woman? A while. In fact it had been so long you could've passed it for an oath of celibacy. 

 

You look around the tavern, it is a fairly sized tavern, there is a blazing fire beside the door, a few lamps fixed to the walls, and most importantly, a large cooking pot roasting over a small fire which is most likely where the irresistible scent of stew is originating from. Your stomach growls just from looking at the pot. There is a quiet yet quaint atmosphere in the air, not a rare feeling for taverns in the free land, and it's an atmosphere you enjoy more than the packed confines of the bustling city establishments. You notice Lucina, the girl you encountered in the blacksmith, sitting alone with a drink in her hand, the sword she acquired from Vasili propped up beside her in a simple sheathe. Sitting at the far end of the tavern, accompanied by a tall brown haired girl and a pile of scrap metal, you notice a short girl with jet black hair and goggles tinkering with a pistol. She fits Vasili’s description down to the blank careless expression on her face. That is clearly Margo, the other girl mentioned. The other girls the blacksmith described also seem to be present, spread out around the room minding their own business. There is a blonde haired girl with her head resting on her arms, encased in a wall of at least two dozen empty bottles of mead; you can hear her loud snores and snorts over the gentle playing of the bard, another person fitting of Vasili’s description. A fiery haired girl with a cute face who spent her time playing the violin.

 

“Why on earth would she be heading to Oldengrad?” You say to yourself under your breath. The girl looks like nothing special, a simple bard passing her time with music, you don’t pin her for the courageous type...but looks can be deceiving.

 

You look over to the last patron, a stern faced girl with light brown hair tied up in a rather stylish braid and freckles on her face. You don’t need to look far to know who she is, you see the insignia on her cloak, a cresent moon and occult symbol: The Magic Arcanum. Was she a rogue mage? Or was she sent to investigate? Either way, you’d have your chance to find out.

 

You have found your five strangers, all brought together by the call of Oldengrad. Now you needed to decide who you could form an alliance with. While you know of Margo and Lucina thanks to Vasili, you still know little of the other three. A question for the tavern staff, perhaps? Surely they can share a tale or two of the three other strangers, at the very least give you their names. At the same time you have other issues to attend to, the delicious smell of hot stew has only made your hunger grow worse to the point your stomach cries out for nourishment, while you also feel your urge to piss growing stronger as well. It was still manageable, but you think it best to pay a visit to the privy before this gets too bothersome.

 

What do you wish to do?

 

> Approach the barkeep

 

> Use the privy

 

> Approach one of the three strangers

 

>Approach Lucina

 

>Approach Margo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to the barkeep to get something to eat and ask about the 3 we know nothing about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay let's retcon this decision and keep pushing onward. We've come too far to start again now. 

Kozmofox and those nat20 persuasion rolls o.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustCallum said:

Okay ladies and gentlemen, big announcement time: This version of Isles is being scrapped and reworked. I feel like I've neglected the omo aspect of this story due to stretching out this intro and I have no interest in dragging out something I didn't even fully intend to invest myself in (meaning the intro, which was meant to be much simpler). However, I intend on starting this story up again after the weekend with some much needed adjustments. So, I hope I can rely on the regulars of this current version to take part in the new one when it is finished.

 

Noooooooooooooo

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Your pacing is literally perfect nooooooooooo

What you call neglected is being paced at something faster than I was doing on my story it is definitely not neglected it is right where it needs to beeeee

And everything is going so good and meshing together so well and its moving at LITERALLY the perfect pace

Callum you wanting to reboot has me extremely wary because I think you'd be honestly hard-pressed to do better. I don't know what your intentions are change-wise, but what you've done so far is honestly near perfect and would be extremely difficult to top.

It also worries me in ways that can be discussed in private conversation later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're almost done here! I'm happier with this chapter than I was expecting.

Again, a big thank you to @KozmoFox for talking me out of starting this again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

You approach the bar and take the seat beside the barkeep, a fiery haired man with a thick beard and strong face. The barkeep smiles. “New in town? Only one reason people come here now; and you don’t look any different. Got a name?”

Franziska.”

Beautiful name. Name’s Mac, I run the Black Bortski.” He speaks with the accent of the Highlands, thick and broad, a true warriors accent. “If you need anything, give me a shout.”

Your eyes linger on the steaming pot beside him. “I wouldn’t mind a bowl of that stew.” You reply.

Coming right up, lass. Anything else?”

A cup of hot wine wouldn’t go amiss.”

A fighter after me own heart.” Mac laughs.

You watch with great anticipation as the barkeep pulls down a bowl from the shelf and fills it to the brim with a generous helping of beef stew. You lick your lips at the large serving of beef, carrots, peas, and onions sitting in a bath of beef stock is like the sight of heaven to your eyes and stomach. You take a whiff of the meal before you, letting a small trickle of saliva escape from your mouth as your lips quiver at the aroma of hot beef and rosemary. A second doesn’t even pass before you grab the spoon and start eating, savouring each succulent slurp and bite, it’s flavourful, moist, and. “This is great!” You announce as you continue shovelling spoonful after spoonful into your mouth.

Glad to hear it.” His smile doesn’t fade. He can see clearly you are enjoying the meal. “And your wine, lass.” He slides a tankard of steaming wine by your bowl.

You take a gulp, washing down the current helping of stew you have just devoured. The wine, much like the stew, is...it’s indescribable, sweet, warm, you can’t help but take a second drink to let the wine soothe your chills with its warmth. A smile adorns your face as you feel at ease, you are in paradise for the brief time this meal lasts. The miserable world around you, the harsh weather, the restless nights, the evenings spent pissing in a cold field with your sword clenched in your hands, fades into nothing, leaving only the feelings of joy and comfort. You can only guess this is how it feels to be home.

You get to the bottom of the bowl, letting out a rather unladylike belch. You feel full, patting your belly and sighing, yet you feel like another bowl couldn’t hurt. You take another sip of the wine and ask for a second helping, which Mac happily acknowledges, filling up your empty bowl. “Didn’t get much to eat on the road, did ya? That, or I’m the best damn cook you’ve encountered.”

Well, I had a stop off at a tavern a few days ago. It was the only place I was able to get a proper meal.”

Was it the oak and willow along the Eserith road?” You acknowledge him with a nod, not wanting to talk with a mouth full of stew. “Aye, decent little place, but their cook is new blood. Can’t salt or season a stew...ah, Margo, what do ya need?” Mac turns to acknowledge the short girl stood beside you. Only when she is beside you do you realize just how small she is. Vasili was right, she is tiny, roughly 4ft. She is dressed in a white, somewhat dirty tunic with a pair of trousers stuffed inside her boots. Up close you can tell she has a somewhat squashed nose and black rings under her eyes, which sit behind a pair of round glasses.

“Is Miki still in there?” She asks, glancing over at a door to the right. Her voice is croaky but young, with a strong Serkainian accent.

Afraid so, gonna take a little while...”

Margo sighs. She walks back over to her table. You can hear her talking to her friend as you continue to eat. “We’re going outside, A267. I have something I need to take care of.”

Oh, okay, mother.” the other girl replies. “Eeh...I kind of need to take care of something to...”

Something the matter?” You ask Mac as you wipe off the juice from your chin.

Technology...got one of them modern commodes put in. Damn thing doesn’t work well in the winter, pipes keep freezing over and the thing is useless. I thought all these modern inventions were supposed to make our lives easier and instead I’ve got to have customers relieve themselves of their drink outside. One step forward, two steps back.” He takes your bowl. “Another drink?”

No, thank you. Not the moment anyway.” You sit nursing the warm cup in your hands. While that hot delicious meal and warm drink filled your belly, you have made a bigger problem for yourself in the form of your bladder. You feel yourself inching ever closer to your limit, made worse by the warm wine you drank. With the bathroom out of order, you ponder whether it would be worth a visit outside yourself. It’s a shame, you hoped you could have the luxury of not doing your business out in the cold air just once before you left for Oldengrad, but the wonders of modern invention will deny you your one last luxury.

Mac, I was hoping I could ask you a few questions?”

Aye, no problem lass. What you wanna know?”

A groan from behind you, like the undead rising from the earth, halts your conversation. You and Mac turn to see the blonde girl from earlier awake with her head in her hands. “Uh...fuck...is it morning?” She stutters.

Ah, Yunoko, back in the land of the living are we? How much did you drink last night?”

The blonde haired girl rises to her feet, failing to stand as she grabs to table to steady herself. Her legs and trembling and a grimace adorns her drunken face. “E-enough to know...I’m gonna explode if I don’t drain the dragon right now...” She staggers along toward the door you saw Margo glancing at earlier, both hands tucked between her legs while muttering the word “fuck” repeatedly. “Hey!? Who’s in there?” She yells, noticing the locked door.

You didn’t hear me, Yuka? Damn thing is out of order; pipes are frozen. You gotta piss, you do it outside.”

Fuck that! It’s freezing out there! My ass and cunt are going numb just thinking about it!” Not a single shred of decency seems to exist in this girl. “Besides...I won’t make it...I’m about to fucking explode here! Uhh...fuck it!” You watch as Yunoko staggers towards the bar, grabs an empty tankard and heads over to the corner, right behind where Margo and her friend were sitting. It’s pretty obvious what she is about to do, though you can’t help but stare.

Yuka! No! I’ve told you about this!” Mac yells, though his yelling is disregarded as Yunoko begins pulling down her shorts, revealing her firm, tanned behind for all to admire.

I don’t have a choice! Just...look away...or don’t...I don’t care!” Immediately the humble and quiet air of the tavern is gone, killed by the sound of piss against metal, like rain falling on a tin roof. “Ahhhhh...” You hear her moan with overwhelming relief. Yunoko seems to go limp, falling against the wall with the tankard pressed up against her crotch. “Ooooooh...this feels great...oh shit...Mac...hand me another tankard!” The softness of her voice quickly changes to concern as you see dribbles of liquid flowing from her makeshift commode. “Mac..it’s overflowing...I can’t stop here!” She turns, revealing her hairless maidenly area in full view to you, still spurting piss as she splatters the floor in an attempt to find somewhere to continue. Her attention turns to a potted plant behind her; she stands, still with her crotch in view of you as her powerful stream begins dousing the poor plant with a shower of her own produce. The concern quickly dies as her moans of relief resume, only now you can see the joy on her face; part of you wonders if that was the face you made while you ate, a look of total bliss like she’d just discovered the meaning of true happiness. Finally, after a good minute and a half, the powerful spray falling between her legs dies down to a mere trickle. Just in time too, as the plant seems to be struggling to contain any more of her fluids, the pot is overflowing with yellow liquid, piss drips from the leaves, the stink of urine drowns out the pleasurable smell of meat and wine, but finally, the girl lets out a final victorious sigh. “Haa...nothing better than the first piss of the day...I thought I was gonna burst...” She grabs a napkin from the nearby table to wipe and yanks her shorts back up. “Now, Mac, a mug of spiced wine!”

The barkeep scoffs. “You can clean up your mess before that happens, lass!”

What…But…uhh...”

I don’t want to hear it, Yuka. I’ve got to step out soon and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna be late because I had to throw out a good plant and mop up a drunks piss!”

Fine...” Without another word, Yunoko throws the tankard of fresh piss out of the window, grabs a mop and bucket, and cleans up the dribble she had let loose onto the floor. This ordeal only makes you think about your own need to piss, which is now a rather big problem. You can feel your bladder filling with the wine you consumed, in urgent need to be released, whether it be in a commode or outside...you needed to relieve yourself, but time has also pit itself against you. You wished to know about the other adventurers, the three Vasili couldn’t tell you about in hopes of putting together some kind of idea of the people you wished to accompany you; Mac was just the man for that, but if he was about to step about, you’d run the risk of missing him if you do decide to deal with your bladder.

 

You are on the brink of an accident, yet you are willing to push it aside if you must. What will you do?

 

>Ignore your bladder and ask about the remaining three adventurers.

 

>Excuse yourself and empty your bladder (Bladder: 90%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's ignore our bladder for now.  If he's stepping out soon our conversation shouldn't be too long.  

I'm glad you decided to continue the story.  I actually like the pace the story is at right now and the way your starting the story is perfect.  

Also are you going to make an inventory and health system for when we're fighting stuff or will it be described in the story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the subtle group desperation going on here.

And I say we ignore our bladder for now. We can hold it. We're a big girl after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nikeryda said:

Also are you going to make an inventory and health system for when we're fighting stuff or will it be described in the story?

As soon as we're done with the intro, we're gonna have a proper health and inventory system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I like the story very much just as it is. Would have been a shame to start new!

I'll go with 1) too, shouldn't be more then around 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, if you think any areas need improving, leave me that feedback, fam.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

   

“Franziska? Franziska?” The sound of snapping fingers knocks you out of your thought, back into the real world with the pain of your bladder reaching its breaking point. “You okay, lass? You’re lookin’ a little...off.”

   “I’m fine.” You reply, your thighs squeezed tightly together.

   “If you don’t mind lass, can we speed this up? I’ve gotta a delivery to pick up in five minutes.”

   “Of course…” You inhale, squeezing your thighs again. You try to remain calm and collected in an attempt to keep an air of dignity about you. You’re a monster hunter, a slayer of the fearful unknown, yet you sat there like a little girl on the verge of wetting her knickers. You sigh, push aside your urgent needs and continue on with Mac. “Vasili directed me to you in the hopes you could help me learn a little about the people who came into Dzarapor.”

   “You mean the ones heading for Oldengrad?”

   You nod. “I’m hoping to have have one or two of them accompany me. Vasili was able to tell me a little about two of them, I’m hoping you can share something about the others.”

   The conversation pauses as Mac looks toward the door. Margo walks back in, buckling her belt and sighing. She heads back over to her booth, glaring at Yuka, who is sitting on the seats with her head resting in her arms again. “You did it again, didn’t you?” The small girl asks, her face unmoved. “It smells of urine in here…It’s distracting.”

   “I couldn’t hold it! And I wasn’t about to freeze outside when I could piss in comfort in here.”

   Margo sighs again. “You got it on the floor...and on my seat...if you got any on my work…”

   “No! I didn’t!” Yuka chuckled nervously. “Not a drop!”

   The small girl scowled while Yuka continued to nervously laugh. “I’ll be in my room, finishing my work.” She picked up her scrap metal, tinkerer’s tools, and notes before heading off into the back of the tavern with her friend.

   “Aye, they’re quite a group of talkers when they want to be. I can share a few things for ya’, lass.” Mac shares what he about the girls to you, it’s nothing special, but it’s enough to give you a rough idea of who else came into town. You learn the girl playing the violin is called Addilyn Tsereteli, a nomad of the Caravarni. The blonde haired girl who you had the pleasure of watching taking her morning piss on a plant is Yunoko Tanobi, a thief from Orientia who spent most her time drunk or strangely...meditating. And finally the freckled girl from the Magic Arcanum is Vamelie Montegro, though when you try and ask about anything relevant, Mac simply shakes his head. “Lass has said little about herself other than her name.” He tells you. That makes you feel uneasy about her, a mage from the Magic Arcanum heading out towards a supposedly cursed island. The Arcanum always made a point of saying they were always seeking to catalogue and control various magics, believing it was safer in their hands than with anybody else. That was something you never believed. It was something nobody believed, most people turned their backs at them. “Dictators of magic!” People would yell when a Scholar passed through their town. To make it worse, in her eyes you would be seen as an abomination, a foul defiler of the arcane thanks to the magic the Selkava granted you. It would not be an easy partnership...if she’d even accept. But the Scholars of the Magic Arcanum have their uses. Mac also shares something about Margo and Lucina, telling you their places of birth and a little about their personality. He does the same for the rest of the girls. Finally, these people seem a little less like strangers to you.

 

   The only way you can tell how much time has passed is by the slightly fuller feeling of your bladder. Five minutes? Ten minutes? Somewhere in that area. You managed to hold out, doing well to keep yourself from releasing a few relieving spurts into your knickers; even though a small part of you screamed to just open the floodgates were you sat, spilling the contents of your bladder into your trousers and onto the stool. When he’s done I need to pay a visit behind the tavern, if I don’t water the grass soon I’m gonna soak this floor, and  I’ll be able to think better about these people without a bladder filled to the brim getting in the way.

 

   “That’s all I’ve got to say, lass.” Mac finishes after his lengthy talk. “Now if you don’t mind, I’ve got a farm to pay a visit to. Just in case you’re not here when I get back, best of luck on Oldengrad. After we lost all the idiots and amateurs looking for fame, we started getting the folks who know their stuff, and you look like one of those, Franziska. Same for the other five here, so you’re gonna be in reliable company, regardless.” He makes his way to the entrance of the tavern and grabs a coat from the wall. “Alright girls, I’m off to the farm. Addilyn, keep Yunoko off the taps.”

   Addilyn salutes. “I won’t you let down, Mac! Not this time anyway…”

   “And Yunoko, that better all be cleaned up.”

   “It is…”

   “Careful out there, Mac.” Lucina adds in with some sincerity in her voice.

   “You know me, Luci. See you soon.” The barkeep departs, leaving you and the other girls in the company of the barmaid.

   After Mac departs, you make your way back outside to clear your mind and empty your bladder. The spiced wine and food you enjoyed keep your blood warm; it still feels like you’re in the warm embrace of a fire. You don’t any time, heading around the back of the tavern, where you are met with a small wooden shack and a furnace. Seeing this perfect little place to do your business seems to force you to let your guard down. You can feel the floodgates opening, giving you little time to yank down your trousers and grab your overcoat. You don’t even have time to fully squat down before your mind gives your bladder the signal. Intense relief floods over you as a strong stream of piss falls from between your legs, splattering the white snow beneath your feet. “Oooh...hell…” You moan, watching with joy as the snow around you turns to a dark yellow, soaking in your fluids. You get lost in the feelings of relief and happiness, fading out from the world as you listen only to the soft splashes and splatters of your piss dampening the earth beneath you. Some time passes before you feel the flood drop down to a minor trickle. You lean forward and force out the final drops, ignoring the fact you accidently break wind. “Oooooh~” You moan again, finally relieved. “Shit…” You curse in Serkainian when you again remember you have nothing to wipe yourself with, meaning you again have to just shake yourself off and hope for the best. You haven't been outside too long, yet your exposed arse has gone completely numb, kissed by the crisp winter air. You grumble, shake off your final drops and the numbness from your arse and yank up your trousers. “That’s...quite a bit…” You say to yourself, staring down at the large patch of steaming, yellow stained snow. You kick some snow over your handiwork, hiding any trace of what happened here and head back inside, feeling like a new woman as you get to walk back completely refreshed; your bladder finally satisfied.

And now finally came the part that you had feared. Vasili and Mac didn’t give you much, but it was enough to give you a rough idea of the others in the town. Soon, you’d depart for the isle and by your side...perhaps the only people you will be able to trust, brought together by a single purpose: Oldengrad. You have quite a unique selection among you, no mere sellswords or novice adventurers punching way above their weight in the name of glory or wealth. You take a seat and study each person, two of these would soon be your sisters in arms...so choose wisely.

 

Choose two of the five other girls to accompany you to Oldengrad

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Margo Sortirov

A short girl from Serkaine. Margo Sortirov is a mechanical engineer who travels the land on behalf of the Scholar Initiative, seeking out lost technology from the workshops of Edgar Rigton, the father of mechanical engineering. She is not very talkative and seems to care more for her own inventions and tinkering than she does for anybody around her; save for her companion, A267, a construct with the properties of a human girl, that she seems to spend almost every minute around. Vasili swore she would be a reliable pair of hands and a practical ally.

 

Weapons: Rivet Rifle, Dagger, Pistol

Class: Mechanical Engineer

Bladder Capacity: Low

Mental Strength: Medium

 

Abilities

 

Buckshot: An alternate fire for Margo’s Rivet gun, firing a large blast of searing hot metal and steam at a target within close range.

 

Improvised Engineering: Margo can make improvements to almost anything thanks to her knowledge of engineering. With the right supplies she can craft weapon or armour upgrades, special ammo, and unique gadgets.

 

Mechanical Girl: Recruiting Margo into the party will also recruit her companion, A267. A267 wields a heavy rifle and has basic human needs, including the need to eat, sleep, and empty her bladder.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lucina Lestant

A warrior from Vetalli. Yourself and Lucina seem to share a similar tale, fleeing your homeland and taking refuge with the Selkava. She never underwent the trials of Kavaan, but she still possesses a powerful magic. Bloodrage, a difficult technique taught to warriors where they channel their rage and fear into powerful strikes. She has witnessed unimaginable evil at the hands of both humans and monsters, facing it all with a strong will and personal code: to protect the innocent, regardless of the cost. She, like you, has taken up the call to Oldengrad to vanquish what may be the greatest evil to take hold of the land.

 

Weapons: Argent Nocturna (Greatsword), War axe

Class: Greatsword Fighter

Bladder Capacity: High

Mental Strength: High

 

Abilities

 

Bastard Blades: Lucina calls upon her magic, summoning two blades of pure magic. The blades aren’t effective against large enemies, but they are useful for taking down swarms of smaller enemies.

 

Blood Rage: Anger and fear mean little to Lucina. As her exposure to stressful or antagonizing situations grows, she becomes stronger, channelling her rage into powerful strikes with her weapons. This also affects the Bastard Blades.

 

Argent Nocturna: Lucina’s sword, Argent Nocturna, is forged from moon silver and infused with the power of holy water. Anything with dark magic is set ablaze with holy fire. However, the swords holy magic is only active during the night and only in direct moonlight.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunoko Tanobi

A former thief from the capital of Orientia. Yunoko simply travels the land now in search of whatever loot she can find. She has little interest in honour or fame and seeks out only wealth in an effort to keep the fires of her indulgent and debaucherous lifestyle alive. She drinks, smokes, and has a reputation as a whore mongerer. But despite her habits and lust for the finer things in life, she is a dangerous opponent, proficient with several weapons and gifted with unnatural and unmatched speed and agility.

 

Weapons: Halberd, Submachine gun, Katana, Daggers

Class: Rogue Monk

Bladder Capacity: High

Mental Strength: Medium

 

Abilities

 

Swift Strike: Yunoko moves with the speed of a tempest, striking out with her halberd, daggers, swords, and fists against all nearby enemies.

 

Talented Thief: As a former thief in Monsai, Yunoko is skilled in everything from disarming traps to picking even the hardest of locks. She is also capable of moving silently and using her agility to scale almost any vertical surface.

 

Inhuman Speed: Almost everything Yunoko can do, she can do in the blink of an eye. Her reload speed, attack speed, and movement speed are much faster than anybody elses.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Addilyn Tsereteli

A nomad of the Caravarni, although she has some Serkainian in her accent. Addilyn Tsereteli pursues whatever contracts she can acquire wishing for one thing, the contract that will write her name in the history books. She desires to be like the noble heroes she grew up hearing about, hoping she can be the girl they tell the tales of in the future. She may seem young, but she has some experience and a determination that few people can boast.

 

Weapons: Enchanted Bow, Rapier

Class: Arcane Archer

Bladder Capacity: Medium

Mental Strength: Low

Abilities

Arcane Arrows: Addilyn draws her bow back, summoning five magical fire arrows that seek out the nearest targets. If there are less than five enemies present, the additional arrows will strike a second target twice.

 

Curse Cards: A deck of strange cards sit by Addilyn’s side. She can use these cards at any time, hitting a random target and placing a random effect on it’s victim.

 

Soothing Presence: As a talented musician, Addilyn can help see the party through a rough night or difficult time with her violin. When resting, Addilyn can play her violin, reducing stress and putting the party at ease.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vamelie Montegro

There is little to be said of Vamelie. She has disclosed little more than her name and the fact she comes from Eserith. Her motivations for Oldengrad are a mystery to everybody but herself, as well as any information about her. The only great thing of note about her is the fact she is a part of the Magic Arcanum, evident by the books and cloak she has present on her. It is likely she is on a mission, looking to investigate if there is a presence of dark magic...and if the Magic Arcanum can control it...

 

Weapons: Staff of fire, ethereal dagger

Class: Arcane Scholar

Bladder Capacity: Low

Mental Strength: High

Abilities

Silverlight Barrier: Vamelia uses her own divine magic to form a barrier of silverlight. Protecting all of those around her from dark magic. The barrier lasts for an hour.

High Alchemy: As a member of the Magic Arcanum, Vamelia is a talented alchemist. She can create high level potions that cure wounds, stave off fear, and even bring you from the brink of death.

Unknown: ???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A second strong melee fighter is very usefull, no matter what RPG you are playing. D&D, DSA, DragonAge...
And a fighter who is not only good vs a single strong opponent but good vs groups of smaller enemies too seems absolutly priceless.
That's why Lucina Lestant is definitly the best pick here imo.

The second character is way harder. Thief - well, that is a must have. In a bigger party like Baldur's Gate.
In a party with only 3? Not mandatory.

A ranged DD with the ability to heal would be perfect.
Vamelie Montegro seems like the only char who can kind of heal (through potions, but only after a battle).
She seems very usefull, yet I don't know if we truly want to choose a companion we know only very little.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking Margo and Lucina would be two good companions to take along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.