Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Telling Girlfriend

14 hours ago, WetDave said:

Why this desire to do it by text message? I would have thought that something like this is best discussed face to face at an appropriate time when having a conversation about more intimate things. 

It is also not something I would bring up until a relationship is becoming serious.

I want to do it over text, so if she gets disgusted, I won't be able to see the immediate reaction.

52 minutes ago, Dethghost said:

I want to do it over text, so if she gets disgusted, I won't be able to see the immediate reaction.

People can show immediate disgust via text, too.

Honestly, it's something best discussed face to face.  I would have the conversation sooner than later, too.  You don't even have to start it with pee.  Just have a general talk about fetishes each of you might like to explore.  Throw watersports in there casually, and see how she reacts to it.

If she reacts in your favor, great!  If not, and if she's a generally open-minded woman, don't give up hope, there are ways of approaching it later. 

The best way to tell her depends on the kind of relationship you have. I never had the ability to text or email or anything of the sort so I always did it face to face, in a very private setting. Absolutely tell her

One respected member, KozmoFox, said she communicated by text but my guess, and it is only guess, is that her experience is the exception. In my case the discussion usually came after a (hopefully well) staged "accident" unless she already had a history of accidents with me. In only one relationship did it continue after she expressed disgust and a promise on my part to never do it again. I had one who thought she could cure me. My marriage started after several accidents, and several discussions but she either didn't believe me or lied to me about how she felt. I found I could promise to not do it again and I could keep that promise for a while, maybe even over a year but I could never get rid of it. Thinking back the longest period of my life that I stayed dry was probably between when I turned 14 and around the time I turned 19. 

I wouldn't recommend a text. Doing it face to face is the way to go. I can understand not wanting to see a disgusted reaction but this is definitely something you talk to your partner about face to face.

The best way to bring this up is just like the others have said. Just open up a discussion of bedroom preferences and fetishes, ask if there is anything she likes or anything she would like to try. Even if you don't tell her about your fetish this conversation alone is worth having and might give you some clues as to how she will react to your fetish.

Telling a partner about any fetish is difficult. This is one of those occasions where you are really putting all your cards on the table. Just go slow and be prepared to answer questions and explain exactly what it is you like about it. Just being able to articulate what you like about your fetish goes a long way, even if its something they're not into and unwilling to try it makes it easier for them to understand. 

All I can say now is good luck.

• 5 weeks later...