Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

1. A dangerous foe should be dealt with and definitly not ignored.

Since he knows way more about Frostbite then the other 3 combined it is his job to make a suggestion based on his knowledge.

And a strong party should definitly be able to best a mage in an ambush.

In most RPGs, mages rely either on some melee fighters to keep the enemy off. Or they conjour some pets, elementals, minions, whatever to keep the enemy at bay. Or they use defensive spells. In an ambush there wont be much time for the mage to cast these spells. (Well, in Dungeon&Dragons there are high level spells "emergency" which casts some protective spells as soon as a fight starts - but never as many spells as the mage could use if he was well prepared)

Encountering a mage alone and unaware is the surest way to beat him.

Or with other words: If the mage is able to defeat our group under best circumstances thinkable - well, the group will never have any fighting chance.

Do or die!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rose could acutely feel her bowels dropping. However, she looked to her battle companion. Alice practically dropped her bow as she looked down at the defeated foes. She sighed deeply, tired from the f

Reyne’s frown got visibly more sad than annoyed as she truly realized the scope of her predicament. She moved both hands slowly to her crotch. She could hold her bowels a bit more than she could her b

1) But I admit I am a little disappointed that Josephine didn't try to hold it...

Aster had already mentally resigned himself to turning his back on Gerrick's faction and everyone in it. Since that already put a target on my back, he thought to himself, might as well charge ahead with confidence. Pale blue energy swirled around Aster's outstreched hand, forming a longbow constructed from the energy. 
"This Frostbite..." Illunous began. "Is he foreign from this land? Rather flamboyant, naturally blue hair?"
"You know about him?" Aster responded, Illunious' description being entirely correct. 
"I used to know him, before he took that name. If we plan on facing off with him, I would suggest we do it as soon as possible."

"We should attempt to take him out before he becomes a problem." Alice added. Aster looked to the knight, who didn't make any comments. Aster squeezed his bow, feeling the magic flow through him. 
"Then let's attack before he leaves the area." Aster said. He faced the direction in which he felt Frostbite's presence and set out in that direction.
Aster and his group are about to attack Frostbite, while the writer makes themself write another chapter despite feeling sick. 
1. Memory
2. Premonition
3. Maintain
4. Connection

Personal Status:
Protagonist: Aster
Physical Status: Healthy, alert
Bladder: Empty
Bowels: Empty
Relationship Status: Single

Party Status:
Alice: Good, companionship
Kara: Bad, companionship
Illunous: Good, colleagues. 

19 hours ago, Ultima01 said:

Oh shit.  It looks like we've gotten on bad terms with Kara while I was having computer issues.  Um...what to do about that...

Don't forget, we are Aster now!

IIRC we haven't "played" with her. My guess is Aster was never on good terms with Kara.

Our last party with Kara had another protagonist.

I'll choose 4 this time.

[Connection chosen....

A new character has appeared.
Protagonist switch; Victoria, the voice of reason]

"I can recall at least seventeen separate times that she had told Aster that hanging out with that creepy old man would only bring him trouble, but did he listen? Fuck no, he didn't." Vicki grumbled to no one in particular as she ran through the notes she had taken of the incident. "And now you're off in some other realm with that jock asshole and a fucking wizard." She sighed loudly, then closed her eyes and forced her to slow down. "It's OK Vicki, it's all OK. Your brother may be completely hopeless, but you aren't. You can save him. It's what big sisters are for." And with that, she took another deep breath and looked at the scene she had set in front of her. She had recreated the circle which the wizard used to disappear exactly how it had been when she saw it at Dean's house, through the window. It was now set up in the basement of her house. The same symbols, at least. She guessed that there was some sort of magic used as well, since it caused three human beings to teleport into thin air, but hey, perhaps there was magic in the words themselves that could be enough to transport a single person. She breathed in deeply, then took stock of what she had on her. She wore a long pair of jeans and a pair of hiking boots, with her upper body covered by a wide brimmed hat to block the sun and a heavy jacket, one that was considered bulletproof. Under that, she wore a simple white t shirt. At her belt, she had a Model 29 with a full chamber. In the backpack at her back, she had packed herself a nice lunch, food and camping supplies, a change of clothes, and a fresh box of ammo. She guessed that she would need it. She also guessed that whatever batshit world that the old man was from, it didn't have any guns, so her showing up while packing heat would give her the advantage she needed. Resting on her shoulder, she had her kendo stick. Long and tough, she knew she could use it to crack a few skulls if anyone got too close. After taking a quick stock of her possessions and herself, she stepped in the portal, breathed in, then out, and spoke. 
"Den draka de tha bruku nef ka kala toppa genda!" she chanted. Instantly, she felt... different. She felt as if she had became as light as air. She looked down to see a blue magic swirl around her. She grinned. At first, she had thought she had gotten her words mixed up. She couldn't tell if the wizard had said 'toppa' or 'tobba' but she guessed that she had gotten it right. After the blue magic engulfed her, her vision went black. She closed her eyes, then when she reopened them, a whole new view was in front of her. Instead of her dull basement, she saw trees, green grass, blue sky and a nice lake in the distance. It was then that she noticed she felt a lot lighter. She then noticed that she could breathe a lot easier than she could before and the sun was getting in her eyes. The first thing that she noticed was that her hat wasn't on her. Then, she noticed that her backpack wasn't on her. The wind blew against her, which quickly made her realize that she was now topless. 
"Oh, what the fuck..." she growled, looking down. She squeezed her hands into fists, but found that she was still holding her kendo stick. So, that wasn't gone. Looking down, she noticed that she still had her jeans and boots. Even her revolver still rested at her side. She pulled it from its holster at her belt and saw that it was still full of ammo. 
"Great..." she mused, replacing it at her belt. "I'm in the middle of nowhere with a bat, a gun with six rounds, and my tits out. This is just like that camping trip a few years back." she grumbled as she looked around. "Well, this is kind of like Spring Break. All I need to do is find someone who can point me in the right direction and not try to rob me."
Just then, she could hear voices coming from behind the trees. She was currently hidden from her position, so she had time to get away if she felt ike it. 
"I swear, someone is around here." A young sounding male voice said. 
"Did you see it in a vision?" Another voice asked, this one being from a young female. 
"No, I just could sense the magic. Can't you?"
"Shut up."
Vicki had to make a choice. She didn't care about being seen topless. Though, if she had ended up in a fantasy style universe, they may burn her as a witch. Then again, that's what her revolver was for. Besides, they seemed to know what magic was. But for now, it might be better to hide. What should Vicki do?

1. Greet the voices, acting polite.
2. Greet the voices, acting like she naturally would.
3. Hide, wait to see who the voices are, and greet them  if they seem non-hostile.
4. Hide
5. Other

Personal Status:
Protagonist: Victoria
Physical Status: Healthy, annoyed, sarcastic.

Nice chapter, didn't see that one coming! That could be realy interesting.

Acting polite seems like a very good idea. She has absolutly no idea where she is, when she is, what world this is...

IMO everybody with a decent amount of brain would act politly in such a situation. Well, maybe not if one would be sure to be able to slay everyone if necessary. But she only has a few bullets, she has no magic herself and she sure as hell won't be the best melee expert in this world.

Let's take a careful look before we greet them. Especially if there are only two and if they seem friendly enough greet them pollitly.

The voices sound more curious than hostile, but Vicki decided that it would be better to not take a chance. Vicki backstepped to the point where her topless figure was obscured by the tree. A few seconds after she hid herself, she heard the voices again. 
"Yep. Definitely magical energy left around here." The male voice said. 
"Can you tell where it was from?" The female voice asked.
"I think I can. Teleportation magic leaves two unique traces. One is left is the user teleported from the same realm, while there is a whole other type of trace if they teleported from a different realm."
"And how do you know that?"
"The boss taught me."
"Why hasn't she taught me yet?"
"Because you piss yourself around high magic energy."
"I do not!" 
"Right, you piss yourself anyways."
Vicki was getting tired of listening to this. They didn't seem like a threat to her, especially with her revolver at her side and her bat on her arm, so she strolled out of cover and looked at the two. For a second, she was able to see the two, both young looking teens in robes. Then a wall of fire cut her off from them. 
"Shit, ambush." The male said. Vicki stumbled back as she heard what sounded like an explosion happen on the other side of the wall. Looking around, Vicki saw no one on her side of the wall and nothing out of the ordinary. She then peered back to the wall, which was beginning to fade. It now appeared that the two were fighting someone, a man in a red robe. Vicki's first thought was to not get involved, but her second one was to her bat and her third was to her revolver. Maybe if she backed up the teens, they would owe her. Of course, if she just left quietly, she could get away, maybe find a place with less magical explosions. What should Vicki do?

1. Leave quietly.
2. Back up the two, using the revolver.
3. Back up the two, using the bat.
4. Other

Personal Status:
Physical Status: Healthy, annoyed, sarcastic.

Mh, tough call.
I realy thought a long time about this and I am still not sure what is the best answer.
1 - well, that is obviously not a bad choice: She has no idea who both parties are. Why get involved?
Considering it just from a rational side, it seems like a very good choice.
But personally I just don't like the idea much, I'd like her to help them. I have the feeling they are the "good" party and the attacking mage ist the "bad" one.
How to help? The obvious answer would be: Revolver. Way safer, easier and more reliable.
But: She only has a few shots. And let's not forget: She doesn't know who they are! Revolver equals kiling - and having no idea who fights whom and why the fight it seems very extreme to just kill one of them.
With the bat she could sneak up on him and beat him - hopefull senseless, not to death. But sneaking up on somebody with magic skills you know nothing about?

I vote for: Don't do anything right now. Watch for a short time, let's see how the fight goes. Maybe it is possible to identify if the attacking mage is indeed "bad"?

• 3 weeks later...

[[AUTHOR'S QUESTION: Quick poll, is anyone still interested in this? I enjoy writing it, but I think I made too wide of an initial scope without much focus. If there is still legitimize interest in this, I'll continue it, but if not, I'll end this and start a new interactive story on a significantly smaller scope]]

Between the two parties before her, Vicki could clearly sense that the two in front of her were more or less the good side in whatever conflict this was a part of. However, she internally debated whether or not she wanted to get involved. The man in the red robes in the distance would make for an easy target. Vicki had been training with her revolver for years and was confident in her ability to quickly remove that threat. However, she had no idea if she'd be able to make it back to her world to get more ammo and, in a potentially hostile land with only six rounds, it would be better to be safe then sorry. Vicki then considered her bat. If she could get close, she would be able to take down the man in red with a single swing, two at most. It was getting to his position that was the issue. The wall of fire had faded, leaving her path open, yet she knew the second he spotted her, he would recreate it and either block her path to him, block her escape, or just incinerate her there. That would be problematic. Her gut told her to go back up the teens, but her brain held her back. She was there to save her stupid brother, not two kids she didn't know. As her internal debate continued, the sound of rapid steps to her right took her attention. From behind a tree, a pitch black horse appeared, who's darkness matched it's rider. He seemed to be a tall man, taller than her even seated. Her wore pure black armor which covered his whole body including his face. He gazed at her and, despite not being able to see where he was looking, could feel his gaze on her face. She was just happy it wasn't to her breasts. He reached behind him, then pulled a black cloak from seemingly nowhere, then threw it to Vicki. She caught it and, while cautiously eyeing him, wrapped it around her, finally covering her. At least she didn't have to walk around with her tits out, she thought to herself. 
"Thanks." she said, staring at him. He pulled on the reins connected to the horse, bringing it closer to her, then turned to its side. 
"Your fight isn't here, outsider." The rider spoke, his voice sounding less human than it should have. "You're brother is fighting for his life a few miles a way as we speak. Get on, and we might be able to catch him before he freezes to death."
Vicki's words caught in her throat. She wasn't sure whether or not she could believe the man, if that even was a man and not a walking corpse hiding in armor. But he knew that her brother was there. And if he was right, and her brother was in danger... she peered back over to the teens, then back to the rider. At this point, Vicki wished she hadn't bothered coming here. What should Vicki do?

1. Question the rider (how does he know, who is he, etc?)
2. Go with the rider.
3. Go help the teens.
4. Flee into the forest.
5. Other

Personal Status:
Physical Status: Healthy, confused, sarcastic.
Bladder: Noticable

Yeah, the story continues, I am glad :)

Fleeing seems quite pointless to me: If he intends to harm us, well: He is on a horse and could catch us easily enough.

And if he tells the truth, no need to flee.

And since he has thrown us a cloak he won't want to fight and / or rape us, at least not at this very moment.

How does the mage and the teens react to the rider?

I'd say: Try to get the rider to help us helping the teens.

I just realize I hadn't quite completed my posting:

If our brother is in a fight, his enemy must be quite powerful. Otherwise the rider could just ride up to him and win the day.

He doesn't do that, he asks us for help. That is sucpicous - how does he know us, how does he know if we are any help in a fight?

Well, no matter, there is time for that later. But I guess if the rider alone doesn't make victory certain, we alone won't make that much difference.

That's why helping the teens (getting rid of that one mage shouldn't take ages, not with the rider helping us) seems like a good idea. If they are halfway decent folk they will help us in turn.

And then we can come in force and rescue our brother.

But just as I am writing the last line I realize a drawback: It is miles away - and we only have one horse. A horse can carry two for a few miles, sure. But what about the teens? But they did teleport to this location, didn't they? Maybe we can use that. That would even save a lot of time. Helping the teens is a risk, but the risk doesn't seem that big. Neither in consumed time nor in respect to getting killed.

And maybe they can help us in return - seems like a quite good risk / chance ratio to me.

Vicki looked from the rider to the teens. She was partly torn on what to do, at first glance. Those teens definitely seemed to be outmatched by the man spewing fire all over the place, though victory didn't seem entirely impossible for them. Meanwhile, this man clearly knew something about her. She guessed that he also sensed the magic that irradiated the area when she teleported in. She could at least trust him to not try to kidnap her. He threw her a cloak after all. It seems like a proper kidnapping would try to strip her more. The fact that he wasn't phased by her futuristic looking pants and the gun at her side also spoke about him, that he wasn't exactly a normal person, if there were even people that could be considered normal in that world. And she knew about her brother. Vicki looked back to the teens. From her position she could see the male teen, who looked to be wearing an asian monk style robe, leap into the air and plant his foot directly in the attacker's jaw. 
"Fuck it, those two don't need me." Vicki then looked over to the rider, who was staring back at her. 
"We're losing time." he said, his voice still sounding rather unnatural. It sent a slight shiver through her. 
"How do I know I can trust you?" Vicki asked, attempting to get something else out of the rider. The rider seemed to consider his answer carefully before answering. 
"Because that old man has something of mine, like he has something of yours. Now, would you like to come with me to find your brother, or shall I leave you here to deal with those three?" Vicki looked back to the three, then to the rider. 
"Fuck it..." she muttered again. She walked over to the rider and climbed on. 
"Good choice." He said, before tugging on the reins, urging the horse forwards. "Now hold on tight. Make sure you're ready for a fight..."

[Protagonist revision;
Vera, the vengeful one]

Vera lied naked in the grass by the lake, having been thoroughly worn out from her recent experience with both Rose and Feya. Or, her girlfriend and her side chick as they technically were now. Vera sat up and looked over to them. Rose was lying against Feya, the two making out. She had a slight urge to make her way over to them and join them, but felt so fatigued from having them both work on her that she could barely move. Instead, she just lied back, listening to the sound of the two making out, soon being replaced by soft moans, a telltale sign that Feya was working on Rose first. After several minutes of this that Vera spend half asleep, too tired to even rub herself to the sound, the sound switched to the soft, satisfied grunts that Feya gave when she was being satisfied. Again, Vera had the desire to go and help. However, this time, she felt like she could muster the energy to actually do that. Or, perhaps, she could just let sleep take over her and take a nice, satisfying nap instead. Or anything in between. What should Vera do?

1. Join the two.
2. Take a nap
3. Masturbate to the two
4. Other

Personal Status:
Protagonist: Vera
Physical Status: Healthy, exhausted, slightly horny
Bowels: Mild
Relationship Status: In a relationship (two?)

Party Status:
Feya: Great, friends with benefits.
Rose: Great, girlfriend

Vera attempted to push herself to her feet to go over and join them, but decided against it before she even got off the ground. Better to leave them be. While she did like the idea of both of the girls being hers and hers alone, the prospect of all three of them being equally in this relationship seemed much safer and could lead to it lasting as long as it can. She turned and watched them for a moment. Feya was sitting with her legs spread apart, her hand resting on Rose's head, which was going to work on Feya's womanhood. Vera felt her hands creep down between her legs and begin rubbing. Before she could get too far, however, she felt too tired to move her arm up down. She signed softly, lied on her back and closed her eyes. Sleep crept over her soon, knocking her out within seconds.

Dreams evaded Vera through her sleep. She awoke several hours later with the sun beginning to fall from the sky. Looking to her left, she saw Rose and felt one of her hands wrapped around her. Rose was still naked, which seemed slightly off. Rose rarely slept naked. Even after they had slept together, she would put a shirt on before they went to bed. Though, she guessed that Rose had changed at least a little bit since coming to the land. Vera certainly did. Vera snuck out of her grasp without her noticing and stood, streching and yawning softly. She heard a chuckle come in front of her. 
"I never get tired of this view." Feya said, and Vera could see that she was smiling. She had gotten her clothes back on and was cleaning her axe, giving it a nice shine. 
"You two have fun?" Vera asked, looking back to Rose sleeping on the ground. 
"She wasn't the best I've ever had, but she's one of the cutest. Between you and her, I doubt I'll be going thirsty for a while." 
The comment made Vera smile. She hoped Rose felt the same. "I hope you two continue getting along. I don't intend to lose either of you anytime soon, not after how hard you made me cum." The comment made Feya chuckle. Vera looked around. It seemed like no one had came by while she was sleeping or when they were fucking. For the time being, it looked fairly safe. She could also feel her bowels begging for release.Her stomach had made its need known earlier, but she ignored it. However, now, she had to go rather bad. She debated whether she should go now or wait. She also debated what they should do next. She could let Rose sleep for a while longer, maybe camp there for the night, or they could move on and try to make it to the next city. What should Vera do about her bowels?

1. Go off into the forest and relieve herself in private
2. Relieve herself where she is, casually
3. Relieve herself where she is, making a show for Feya
4. Hold it
5. Other

And what else should Vera do?
1. Get dressed.
2. Set up camp for the night and...
a. Go back to sleep.
b. Take watch while Feya and Rose sleeps
3. Wake Rose up and talk to her.
4. Wake Rose up, move on to the next city. 
5. Talk to Feya. 
6. Other.

Personal Status:
Protagonist: Vera
Physical Status: Healthy
Bladder: Mild
Bowels: Full
Relationship Status: In a relationship (two?)

Party Status:
Feya: Great, friends with benefits.
Rose: Great, girlfriend