Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anyone else here wear diapers past the potty training age?

I wasn't potty-trained until around 4-5 years of age. I vaguely remember lying on the bathroom floor receiving a diaper change from my mother. Though I don't think I ever went to wearing pull-ups.

However, I did have some issues with bedwetting periodically for several more years.  I also did have some issues during the day making it to the bathroom. Though I only had a lot of trouble due to either holding it for too long and/or being too shy to ask to use the restroom. There were definitely many times I'd have to get a change of clothes from the office though due to that. That issue continued until I was around 13.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once at school, aged about six years old, I reached the toilet but couldn't get my panties down quickly enough. I stood holding the  waist band of my skirt doing a wee-wee at full force. My panties &a

I wore diapers until I was 4 and a half, I think that's a teensy bit late. I actually don't remember what it felt like to wet one, though I'm dying to know now. I remember what it felt like to lie on

I wore them at night well into my teens because I wet the bed, wearing them during the day is only a recent thing for me.

45 minutes ago, Takumi41 said:

I wasn't potty-trained until around 4-5 years of age. I vaguely remember lying on the bathroom floor receiving a diaper change from my mother. Though I don't think I ever went to wearing pull-ups.

However, I did have some issues with bedwetting periodically for several more years.  I also did have some issues during the day making it to the bathroom. Though I only had a lot of trouble due to either holding it for too long and/or being too shy to ask to use the restroom. There were definitely many times I'd have to get a change of clothes from the office though due to that. That issue continued until I was around 13.

So skipped straight to underwear? Also, yeah, I'd often by a bit shy to ask too

On 8/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, diokno44x said:

So skipped straight to underwear? Also, yeah, I'd often by a bit shy to ask too

Yeah, basically went straight to underwear. I think I potty-trained with diapers vs having a pull-up which allowed to be skipped to underwear.

I can't deny that sometimes I would've been too scared to ask to use the restroom. Just a part of feeling like I'd be disrupting the teacher for something embarrassing like that. Even though they'd want you to ask to use the restroom, I'd have a hard time being able to speak up.

Sort of an embarrassing memory, but when I went to camp in middle-school I clearly remember at night when we got into bed--I needed to use the restroom. However, I really didn't want to disturb anyone so I tried to hold on but I got a bit desperate and was pretty much wiggling about trying to hold. Thankfully the cabin leader noticed something was wrong and asked me which then everyone in the cabin went to use the restroom. Basically my fellow students were then aware of what happened for me which is what makes it particularly embarrassing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was potty trained and out of diapers shortly before I was 3 my mother put in diapers and rubber panties for a long trip. A few weeks later I was outside playing in snow and wet my undies inside a snow suit. By the time I was 4 I wanted to be in diapers. I was 11 1/2 when I suffered a broken bone that came out and made walking very difficult. After my mother, who had told me to not get up without her help, delayed and delayed and delayed helping me to the toilet until after I had wet, I realized how very good it felt to finally wet after holding. I found one way or another to not use the toilet for a couple of days, until the physician could reset the bone. Each time my mother changed me. Each time my mother changed me and I could swear she was changing my diaper. I asked her why she didn't put me in diapers. Her answer was that we didn't have any diapers (not that I was too old) since my youngest sister was potty trained.  After the bone was set and I could walk I started not getting to a toilet. I started trying improvise a diaper by putting on many undies.  In my mind I was frequently in diapers until I was almost 14. 

Then in college late my first year I had a paralytic panic/anxiety attack and could not get to a restroom. I was in the health center wet for about an hour before I was taken to a patient room for the night. The aides took off my wet pants and undies, cleaned me and put me in bed, then they put a diaper on me. In the early morning hours I wanted to be taken to the restroom but they said one person could change me but it would take 2 or 3 to get me the restroom, so just go in my diaper. I did, and they changed me. In the morning the released me carrying a bag with my wet pants, wearing starched scratchy scrubs over a diaper. 

Then I was almost 24 when I went to a news years eve party and left very very drunk and dehydrated. I did things in my pants trying to use the toilet, cleaned up, drank as much water as I could then put on about 15 to 20 undies. I woke up a few hours later and recognized I was wetting. When I stopped the outermost layer was damp but at least the bed felt dry. 

Roughly 21 years ago I woke in the early morning hours with a very clear "get the bathroom right now" but my then wife was in the bathroom and would not tolerate my coming in. My two kids were asleep in the next bedroom. She had no idea what I had hidden. I was barely able to pull out one and get it on. Then she got out of the bathroom. If she saw what I was wearing she would have had a fit. I pretended to be asleep, but I was wetting. A few minutes later I went back to sleep and she left me. I woke up just in time to walk the older one to school. Put pants on, took him and the younger one to the school. Then I walked back home. I was glad I was wearing a diaper because my younger son would have seen me wet my pants. He had not wet his pants in over a year and he certainly would have have told his mother. I finally changed me.  I hid my wet diaper deep in the trash.

About 20 years ago I suffered a spinal cord injury that gave me a choice: either diapers or never leave home. I am wearing a diaper as I write this post

Do any of these count?

Edited by scinosensation (see edit history)
On 9/28/2019 at 4:05 AM, Wetshisbed said:

I was at least 5 before I was out of nappies during the day and 8 or 9 before I stopped wearing them at night.

A late bloomer I presume

12 minutes ago, scinosensation said:

I was potty trained and out of diapers shortly before I was 3 my mother put in diapers and rubber panties for a long trip. A few weeks later I was outside playing in snow and wet my undies inside a snow suit. By the time I was 4 I wanted to be in diapers. I was 11 1/2 when I suffered a broken bone that came out and made walking very difficult. After my mother, who had told me to not get up without her help, delayed and delayed and delayed helping me to the toilet until after I had wet, I realized how very good it felt to finally wet after holding. I found one way or another to not use the toilet for a couple of days, until the physician could reset the bone. Each time my mother changed me. Each time my mother changed me and I could swear she was changing my diaper. I asked her why she didn't put me in diapers. Her answer was that we didn't have any diapers (not that I was too old) since my youngest sister was potty trained.  After the bone was set and I could walk I started not getting to a toilet. I started trying improvise a diaper by putting on many undies.  In my mind I was frequently in diapers until I was almost 14. 

Then in college late my first year I had a paralytic panic/anxiety attack and could not get to a restroom. I was in the health center wet for about an hour before I was taken to a patient room for the night. The aides took off my wet pants and undies, cleaned me and put me in bed, then they put a diaper on me. In the early morning hours I wanted to be taken to the restroom but they said one person could change me but it would take 2 or 3 to get me the restroom, so just go in my diaper. I did, and they changed me. In the morning the released me carrying a bag with my wet pants, wearing starched scratchy scrubs over a diaper.

Roughly 21 years ago I woke in the early morning hours with a very clear "get the bathroom right now" but my then wife was in the bathroom and would not tolerate my coming in. My two kids were asleep in the next bedroom. She had no idea what I had hidden. I was barely able to pull out one and get it on. Then she got out of the bathroom. If she saw what I was wearing she would have had a fit. I pretended to be asleep, but I was wetting. A few minutes later I went back to sleep and she left me. I woke up just in time to walk the older one to school. Put pants on, took him and the younger one to the school. The walked back home and finally changed me.  I hid my wet diaper deep in the trash.

About 20 years ago I suffered a spinal cord injury that gave me a choice: either diapers or never leave home. I am wearing a diaper as I write this post

Do any of these count?

Yeah

• 1 month later...

Both Jason and I had issues with bedwetting into our teens, and we were both kept in nappies by our respective mums.  I have stayed dry since (though I have to admit that I sleep in nappies now simply because I can, and so there is no need to get up during the night), but Jason started bedwetting again mid to late twenties, and now at 41 he needs nappies full time, as he wets most nights whilst asleep.  So we are both in nappies every night.

• 3 years later...

I wore diapers during the day most of the time until I was five-and-half in preschool. By the time I started kindergarten just before age six the daytime diapers came off (aside from the occasional sick day here and there).

The diapers came off at night around age ten (if not eleven). For at least most of this time I wore Pampers (since I was small for my age and they still fit for a long time).   My father mentioned in a phone call recently in a conversation about how expensive it was to have a son who was born around three months prematurely with a neurological condition (I have always had some weakness on the left side of my body and hit all of my developmental milestones (but especially the social ones) later than my peers) that he had to start buying diapers for me at a medical supply store (when I was around age nine or ten) when I outgrew the Pampers.

According to him I had to wear them for around a year or two until my bed-wetting finally stopped. (I am not great at remembering specific time frames, though (and neither is he), so it’s possible that some of his details could be a bit off in terms of the time frame.) I’m not sure of what brand the diapers were. This was back during the mid-1980s and they just looked like large Pampers to me (they even had white plastic and tapes on them like the Pampers).

By the way, the medical article about the neurological condition that I have is titled “Asperger’s by Another Name” (if I recall correctly (although it’s been a number of years since I read the article)). I don’t recall the publication or the authors off the top of my head, though.