Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Advice for newbie?

I'm completely new to diapers and over time the idea of diapers have gone from something I didn't like to something I was ok with to something I really want to try, where I am now. I've ordered free samples from Depends, Tena and Unique Wellness, which should be arriving over the coming week. However I have no idea where to go from here. I don't know anything about the brands, which ones are good for what, anything at all really. Does anyone have any advice to lend to someone who is getting into diapers and has no idea where to go?

With your free samples, you can wear and wet diapers in a variety of circumstances: an overnight diaper in bed, a discreet pullup when shopping, etc. You can wet a diaper when previously you would have wet yourself for pleasure, and see whether the new scenario appeals to you. Just be careful: even the best diaper can leak if filled too quickly or too much or in the wrong position.

37 minutes ago, friskyfisky said:

It all depends on how you intend to use them. Have you gathered any ideas on intended uses?

Basically I intend to either use them while sitting around casually like while I'm playing a video game or reading and maybe (very occasionally) while in bed if that helps. I feel like I'd prefer the pull-ups. I'd also like to maybe sit in them for a while. As I said I'm completely new to all of this.

10 minutes ago, gobphus said:

With your free samples, you can wear and wet diapers in a variety of circumstances: an overnight diaper in bed, a discreet pullup when shopping, etc. You can wet a diaper when previously you would have wet yourself for pleasure, and see whether the new scenario appeals to you. Just be careful: even the best diaper can leak if filled too quickly or too much or in the wrong position.

True, I intend to experiment a little. That's what samples are for, after all: seeing how the product works and judging if it's something I'd be interested in buying on a more regular basis.

Edited by CaptainCranberry (see edit history)

DO expect your samples to leak, so only wet where you're okay if things make a bit of a mess. As you're using diapers that are entirely new to your body (as well as the fact that you haven't used before), you're likely to overestimate what they can hold. It's not a huge deal, but don't wet in public if you wouldn't be okay with stains on your clothes, etc. Throw down a towel or some protection if you're going to be wearing them in bed if you don't have your mattress protected.

Remember to think about disposal too - especially if you live in non-private living. A plastic grocery bag (or two, if the bag is semi see-through) makes it easy to get the wet diaper to garbage can without making a mess or making it obvious what's going on. 

Also, don't expect any of those diapers you mentioned to last *too* long. Most will probably only hold up to one or two wettings. If you're looking for super high-capacity, check out Bambino or ABUniverse offerings. Both offer free shipping and two-diaper sample packs for purchase if you wanted to figure out if those were more your "thing". But the free samples are a good place to start - just don't expect them to be representative of all diapers available out there.

I have no intention of wearing them in public (but then I had no intention of wearing diapers a year ago so we'll see). I intend to wait for a day off alone and use them then to see how they hold up.

Absorbancy is probably going to be an issue. I usually go a lot. The samples are just to get me used to the idea, see how much I like wearing and so on. From there I'll look at some better brands and such.

Thanks for the advice!

Guest wetatnite

I think just get used to putting them on, how they feel, what they are like sitting down, standing up, walking around the apartment, that sort of thing. I didn't tire of that for ages! It was so new and fascinating, that I didn't need to use them, it was enough just wearing dry.

Over a period of time, I got more adventurous, and eventually plucked up enough courage to wear underneath my clothing and go outside. I thought I'd die, because it seemed so NOISY to me! I thought every single person in the street would immediately know I was wearing something, and that just added to the thrill. No one did, of course, but that didn't stop me from having my heart in my throat the whole time.

And over a longer period of time, I tried wetting them (which was AWESOME), then wearing at night (total failure for years because it was so damn horny-making!), and finally to admitting to someone close to me that I wore, and even letting her find out I was literally wearing one in front of her, in a surprise situation. 

So, yeah. Best times ever were just playing xbox, sitting on the couch, sometimes in a onesie too (except when my sister turned up unexpectedly!). 

HAVE FUN!!!!

My pack of Tenas have arrived. I was really excited opening them. So far it feels pretty good, not overly padded or anything. Barely noticeable though clothes unless they're sticking out of the top of the wastebands. A little warm but that's part of the weather around here. I already wet myself earlier so I won't be able to test the absorbancy but that's ok. I've been walking around the house getting used to them (honestly didn't seem to take much) and am toying with the idea of wearing them out to the store if they're truly not noticeable (goodness that didn't take long!)

Guest wetatnite

Haha! Nice!

Yeah, if you tuck the waistband bit inside the top, and wear boxers over, it holds it all in place, and stops too much noise. You'll ace it! What level of Tena are they?

Keep posting! I wanna hear about you going to the store.....

Right now I'm wearing Overnight Underwear. I'm wearing the large right now and the extra large is in my filing cabinet, along with an absorbancy pad.

I'm sad to say I chickened out over going to the store in these. Though they're quite comfortable I didn't want to take the chance that any of those complete strangers might notice anything. But when I got back about 3 hours ago I put my diaper right back on and have been wearing it ever since.

A little while ago I got myself to let out a little dribble into the diaper and it absorbed it quite well. No leakage or anything but this was probably the smallest pee I can manage. I've been drinking water all afternoon in the hopes that I can go again before mom gets home. If I can, I'll keep wearing these all night and wear my other pair to bed.

Yeah, I think I made the right choice in trying diapers. These things are just great.

Really its just a matter of, do you like cloth or plastic? Do you want them to feel comfortable, or do you want them to look sexy on you? Do you want them to crinkle or be silent? Do you want bulky-looking diapers or slim-fitting diapers.

Me, I like noisy bulky plastic diapers (with girly colors), so I use Molicare brands. They're nor too comfortable though, but thats mostly because I'm used to wearing goodnites, which doesnt use tapes, it s more like underwear. Once you tape on your Molicares you can only take it off after your done with it. But man do they feel really good when wet, and they hold a lot. Their odor shields arent that good though....or maybe I just smell toooooo much, lol.

cloth or plastic

Plastic. Disposables are all plastic right?

comfortable or sexy

Comfortable but I already took a picture of myself in diapers so I wouldn't mind sexy.

crinkle or silent

Either one is fine. Crinkle would work because I could wear them alone and listen to it, silent would work because I could wear them around the house when other people are around.

bulky-looking or slim-fitting

Not sure yet. I guess slim fitting for now.

Guest wetatnite
3 hours ago, CaptainCranberry said:

Well it's a good thing this was a sample and not a pack or case. Just now I did a full wetting and the (fresh xl) diaper overflowed very quickly. Got all over my shirt, pants, soaked my boxers. I mean it was good, I enjoy wetting my pants too, but I guess these were for minor leaks, not full wettings.

Haha! Brilliant! I mean, maybe a little embarrassing, annoying or whatever, but that's how you learn.... My experience with those Tena pullup-style underwear is the same. They're quite comfy, very discreet (you can hide them quite easily under your clothes, and no one will notice)  but they don't hold more than a mouse's fart worth of pee. You may find the same with Depends, even the diaper-style ones (with tapes). They're just not built for serious capacity, and deffo not for overnight.

Anyway, sounds like you're having fun finding out how they work, glad your mom isn't around, that's a killer for any fetish, for sure!

Keep posting!

They're here! A pack of L3s, Molicare Mobile Underwears, L4s plus some free wipes, a pair of free pull-ups (one of which I'm wearing right now) and a pair of free Supreme Light Briefs, one of which I already tried on and used. It absorbed it all quite well.

It was weird using tape-ups for the first time. Kind of awkward to put them on and I wasn't 100% sure about how loose they seemed. But I'm still new at this and I should get better at putting them on over time.

Edit: I gave the tape-ups another shot. This time I laid down to put them on. They're a lot more snug now and feel really comfy. Even moreso wet. The absorbancy is pretty good and the warmth is just fantastic.

Edited by CaptainCranberry (see edit history)
2 hours ago, CaptainCranberry said:

These things are amazing! I woke up and wet myself (which took some work) and my bed is still dry as can be! Now I'm sitting here in my wet diaper just enjoying the feeling of a warm wet cushy diaper. Why haven't I tried this before?

Glad you're enjoying it! Some of the larger capacities (Tykables, Bambino, ABUniverse) easily can hold 3+ large wettings, so you can spend afternoons in them. It's neato.

Guest wetatnite
On 7/12/2016 at 6:13 PM, CaptainCranberry said:

It was weird using tape-ups for the first time. Kind of awkward to put them on and I wasn't 100% sure about how loose they seemed. But I'm still new at this and I should get better at putting them on over time.

Edit: I gave the tape-ups another shot. This time I laid down to put them on. They're a lot more snug now and feel really comfy. Even moreso wet. The absorbancy is pretty good and the warmth is just fantastic.

Good job. It does take a bit of getting used to with tapes, but after a while, you'll even be able to put one on really snug when you're standing up.

Haha! Glad you're enjoying it too!

I wore my diapers out in public today.
I decided to go to the store to get some groceries and wore a pair of Molicare Mobiles. I checked quite thoroughly to make sure they weren't noticable and headed out.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened except I had to keep from grinning like an idiot a few times. I was very aware of wearing them but nobody seemed to notice or care. I even talked to one of the people working there, asking where a favorite snack of mine had gone.

So that was neat. I wasn't really nervous or really excited or anything and I definitely don't plan of making a habit out of this but nothing went wrong at all there. In fact I was in quite a good mood!

I wet my diaper when I woke up this morning. It leaked through leaving a wet spot on the bed yet I find myself completely unconcerned about it. I have to say, there's something so...good about having a nice warm full diaper hanging between my legs. I don't know exactly how to describe it but this sort of thing is making me reconsider how often I will be wearing diapers in the future.

Guest wetatnite

Ha! I remember grinning like an idiot. And then getting nervous as hell as I wet it, in public, for the first time. Quite honestly, NO one even thinks about adults wearing diapers, and for that reason are just not looking for it. I reckon they probably wouldn't register even if they saw a waistband poking out. It's that far from most people's minds.

An equivalent is you trying to spot someone with bandage from giving blood. Hundreds of people give blood regularly, but can you spot them? Are you even looking for them?

Doesn't stop it feeling bloody amazing though haha!