Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

When I was sixteen or seventeen, I had a nightmare that one of my friends crapped himself at the mall, and blamed it on me for some reason.  I told him about it a couple years ago, and he's refused to go to the mall with me ever since, because he honestly believes the nightmare is going to come true, even though I had it almost 20 years ago.

I've never had a dream, or a nightmare, happen later in real life.  

Have you? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a rather disturbing dream the other night. I was witnessing a mad doctor that sorta looked like Dr. Oaken from Independence Day ( I had recently seen the new one prior to the dream) cannibalising a young women. The woman was still alive and taking the situation very well as the doctor feasted on her organs from her open body. They ended up singing a happy song together in her final hour of life.

3 hours ago, facade said:

I had a rather disturbing dream the other night. I was witnessing a mad doctor that sorta looked like Dr. Oaken from Independence Day ( I had recently seen the new one prior to the dream) cannibalising a young women. The woman was still alive and taking the situation very well as the doctor feasted on her organs from her open body. They ended up singing a happy song together in her final hour of life.

Eewww!!

YES I HAVE. Everything happened to the exact detail.

large.jpg

I was a child at the time, a little beardless lad of about six or so, I had a dream, and not the Martin Luther King kind.

I dreamt that I was playing Super Mario Bros II on the NES, then beat a boss level (giant mouse baddy called, uncreatively, Mouser). Excited to tell them my extreme achievement I ran to tell my mum and dad, but my parents were GONE and I panicked because the people who look after me had disappeared like they never existed! I woke up.

About midday I was playing the same game on the same console, then beat the same boss level. Similarly excited to tell them my extreme achievement I ran to tell my mum and dad, but just like in the dream my parents were GONE and I panicked because the people who look after me had disappeared like they never existed, and I had already dreamt of this!!! I found out that they had gone down to a neighbour's house and neglected to tell little Jonathan about it (since it was only for a short time).

Cheers dream, you missed out that life-changing detail of them being alive and stuff.

You know the best part? The initial plot of the game described in the manual is based on a dream coming true! Waagh!

22 minutes ago, Pc Genie said:

YES I HAVE. Everything happened to the exact detail.

large.jpg

I was a child at the time, a little beardless lad of about six or so, I had a dream, and not the Martin Luther King kind.

I dreamt that I was playing Super Mario Bros II on the NES, then beat a boss level (giant mouse baddy called, uncreatively, Mouser). Excited to tell them my extreme achievement I ran to tell my mum and dad, but my parents were GONE and I panicked because the people who look after me had disappeared like they never existed! I woke up.

About midday I was playing the same game on the same console, then beat the same boss level. Similarly excited to tell them my extreme achievement I ran to tell my mum and dad, but just like in the dream my parents were GONE and I panicked because the people who look after me had disappeared like they never existed, and I had already dreamt of this!!! I found out that they had gone down to a neighbour's house and neglected to tell little Jonathan about it (since it was only for a short time).

Cheers dream, you missed out that life-changing detail of them being alive and stuff.

You know the best part? The initial plot of the game described in the manual is based on a dream coming true! Waagh!

You crack me up, "I had a dream, and not the Martin Luther King kind", too funny.  Mario 2 on NES was one of the few games I ever beat, and I thought the mouse boss that threw bombs was kind of hot, a nice change from those things that spat eggs at you.  And yes, very ironic that the whole game is based in Mario's dream, too.

The weirdest dreams I ever had took place around the year 2000.  One happened when I was pregnant.  I didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl, I wanted another boy, but had decided not to find out when I got my ultrasound.  I just asked them to confirm that the baby was clearly one gender or the other, and they did confirm that for me.  But,  one night, I had a nightmare that I gave birth to a baby with no genitals of any kind, and no face, and was awarded an obscene trophy for it, inscribed "IT".  I couldn't wait to have my baby after waking up from that, just to know for sure that wouldn't happen.

The second one took place several months later.  It was erotic as hell, but bizarre and sad, too, and recently I began writing a story based upon it.  I met Jeff Hardy, but he said before he would consider doing anything with me, I had to do his brother Matt, first.  So, reluctantly I did, and went immediately to Jeff, and got with him, too.  Upon finding us together, Matt became extremely jealous.  He went off to a barn and shot himself.  Jeff was heartbroken.  So was I.

Another wrestling themed dream I had during the same time period involved the original, masked Kane.  I don't know how it happened, but I ended up in bed with him, and it was great, but afterwards he took the mask off, and ewww...

I had weird dreams as a kid, too.  I dreamed once that I was being chased by diaper pins, and that I was much smaller than I really was.  I climbed up my dad's leg and into his arms to escape.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tortoise

Not me but my sister. Was pregnant a couple of years ago and had a dream that she was pregnant in her 40s with twin girls. (That pregnancy, she was 34 and had a boy.) However, she's recently turned 40 and just found out that she's pregnant; with twin girls. :o

2 hours ago, ChloTheCrazyMofo said:

Not me but my sister. Was pregnant a couple of years ago and had a dream that she was pregnant in her 40s with twin girls. (That pregnancy, she was 34 and had a boy.) However, she's recently turned 40 and just found out that she's pregnant; with twin girls. :o

Wow, that's really an amazing coincidence!  And, congratulations to her and the rest of the family!  Twins, how exciting!

Another thing I find interesting is the meaning of dreams.  I used to have the same nightmare very often, I was trapped inside of a shambling, four-story Victorian-federal nightmare of a home, with an overwhelming feeling that I was going to die if I didn't get out.  But, every single door I opened went down a hall that was a dead end, or even just opened directly on a brick wall, and my panic would rise and rise until I'd eventually wake up screaming with tears all over my face.  Since I had the dream so often, I actually researched what it could mean, and found out it came from my unhappiness and dissatisfaction in my partner; I wanted out of the relationship.  Since ending it, I've not had that dream since.