Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Angels and Demons (RPG Maker MV game, demo in development)

I think this is the right board for this... anyway, this is just an update/discussion thread for my upcoming RPG Maker MV game, Angels and Demons. It's a huge, ambitious project, and it may be a while before a demo is released, but I'm putting up a topic for it anyway. The reason? Shameless advertising/"hype" building, mostly (where I normally post stuff about this game, FTT, is kind of half dead compared to this site so...). I'll probably have a demo out before the end of the year, but other than that I make no promises. Worth noting is that I'm more or less done with the stuff I have to get done before I can release a demo, but I'm waiting on other people for everything else.

So, a brief synopsis: basically, early on (not right away though, it won't be in demo one) your characters witness a fight between an angel and a demon. The player can choose to help either side, and based on which one they pick, they will experience a totally different story for the rest of the playthrough. Also, because any of the four main leads dying will force a game over (which takes you back to the title screen without saving), I made each of them potentially broken in their own right so that the player has to make really dumb/hardcore decisions in order to lose progress because of a game over.

A key feature of this game is that many seemingly inconsequential decisions you make will majorly affect the game either in the long or the short term. Sometimes stopping to help an NPC will make the a particular upcoming boss battle much easier, sometimes choosing to fight that one guy because he was a dick to you will end up making the whole game exponentially harder starting several major plot points later. Certain choices will mean the difference between getting the best possible ending and getting the worst. So yeah, more or less anything you do could have a huge impact, and it might not always be an immediately apparent one.

In addition to this, another feature is that the game will have lots of custom art, including bust shots for the MCs as well as CG. But unfortunately, my artist is not willing to draw ABDL/omo stuff, so none of the fetish content will have custom art. Which is okay with me because the game itself will only show the fetish content if you enter the right password upon starting your save, so I mean, the game can stand on its own without it. This right here is the reason I haven't released a demo already - I'm waiting on my artist for like four things, but since her school year hasn't ended yet and she's going to be travelling most of the summer, it may be a while before they finish any of them. On the bright side, they have gotten enough stuff done that I can show you guys content... for example, the attached image is a CG of the main character.

On a subject touched upon in the last paragraph... the ABDL content. Most of it will come from two characters, one of which appears earlier in the demon route than the angel route. The main character that isn't in the attached image will have incontinence issues due to the lingering degenerative effects of a curse that gets lifted early on but has already messed her up pretty bad. In addition, the third party member in the demon route (fourth in the angel route) is a closet AB due to her rather... complicated past. Those two are going to be the source of the ABDL stuff. Which, by the way, you activate by typing in "ABDLmode" (case sensitive) at the start of any given playthrough. If you don't do that, you'll never see it unless I somehow screw up and accidentally forget to make some of it dependent on a certain switch being turned on due to the password. Come release I may need some people to play through a clean run to test for that, actually...

Wow, this got longer than I thought it'd be. Anyway, I'll try to keep this thread relatively updated... but if you want to see the latest, the thread on FTT's games board (I know my usernames are different but that's just because this account is super old and has an old name attached to it that I can't yet stomach changing) is probably going to be more frequently kept up to date. I'm also not fond of the idea of reposting stuff from that thread since it's mostly just old progress updates, so if you want to see everything that's gotten done before I made this thread here, you'll need to go there anyway.

CGEvilSmirkImage_3.png

8 hours ago, tenck5k said:

Oh hey you're also here. Funny how that works out. Keep up the good work I guess is the most appropriate words of encouragement here. d(0_0d)

Haha, I've been here longer than I've been on FTT, actually. But I don't post a lot on Omo because I created this account with a lurker mindset and well, old habits die hard. Plus it seems like every other time I make a blunt comment here (which if you haven't noticed, I tend to do a lot), someone wants to pick a fight with me over it, so I haven't been super encouraged to break out of my... asocial (this is not the same as antisocial, google it and check the Wikipedia page for "Asociality" if you don't know what it means) shell.

Anyway... small update: my artist apparently got out of school like last week and didn't tell me. So they're on summer break, finally, which means at least until they start traveling (against their will but they have a pretty traditional Asian mother who forces stuff on them so...), I can bitch at them daily about getting the remaining four-ish art pieces done.

Other than that there isn't much news. Been material grinding on SAO Re Hollow Fragment for PS4 in order to forge a super OP weapon, so I haven't been working on RPG Maker a whole lot since grinding mats is the most time consuming thing in that entire frigging game, which if you've ever played it you know that's saying a LOT. Well, that and I've been writing a K-ON! ABDL fanfic that expands upon the doujin Diaper Days (go check it out if you like ABDL and K-ON!, it's in the downloads section of this site), which you guys will probably see in the fiction forum by the end of the month. So I mean, I've been kind of productive by my own admittedly loose standards... 1/2 isn't that bad.

I'll most likely have some news actually related to this game within the next week or so. If you don't hear anything from me by next Friday (today is also Friday to exactly one week from today), everyone reading this who wants to bother has my full permission to come nag post the crap out of me either on this thread or the one on FTT.

Edited by writerforce6 (see edit history)
5 hours ago, pantyboy2012 said:

This sounds great! This may be the first actually good abdl game!

I appreciate the compliment, but I can assure you there are a few good ones if you look hard enough. Go check out Proxi Rapture on FTT's games board if you want the one I'd say is the best. Actually, I'm recording a playthrough of it which I will be uploading to YouTube as private videos (meaning you can't search them and need a link to get to them), which will likely have parts one and two out in a few days.

Momsterous, also on FTT, is another pretty good one... but I'm afraid it doesn't have very much done as it is right now. You only wear a diaper once in the whole demo and you take it off within minutes...

5 hours ago, writerforce6 said:

I appreciate the compliment, but I can assure you there are a few good ones if you look hard enough. Go check out Proxi Rapture on FTT's games board if you want the one I'd say is the best. Actually, I'm recording a playthrough of it which I will be uploading to YouTube as private videos (meaning you can't search them and need a link to get to them), which will likely have parts one and two out in a few days.

Momsterous, also on FTT, is another pretty good one... but I'm afraid it doesn't have very much done as it is right now. You only wear a diaper once in the whole demo and you take it off within minutes...

Noon question, but what's FTT?

Edited by pantyboy2012
Typo (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, LameJoker said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title was that book by Dan Brown.

Well anyway, the premise sounds interesting, but if anything I'd wish for a complete walkthrough to the game first. It sounds like it could very well do with one.

I dunno about that... if you read the posts on this game's thread on FTT, I basically explain everything anyway. I may do a YouTube playthrough of it at some point, but I'm likely not going to make a walkthrough.

Of course, there's also the fact that I'm not done with the initial demo yet to consider. So even if I created a walkthrough now, I'd end up having to change it later because a lot of stuff is either not done yet or still in beta.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:04 AM, writerforce6 said:

I dunno about that... if you read the posts on this game's thread on FTT, I basically explain everything anyway. I may do a YouTube playthrough of it at some point, but I'm likely not going to make a walkthrough.

Of course, there's also the fact that I'm not done with the initial demo yet to consider. So even if I created a walkthrough now, I'd end up having to change it later because a lot of stuff is either not done yet or still in beta.

Well I mean, if each small choice we make influences the game in some big way later on, a walkthrough would be very, very useful. I guess a playthrough works too as well as you avoid all the landmines and tell us what would happen if we stepped on any of them or something.

And I don't mean the demo, I mean the game proper. There wouldn't be much of a point to make a walkthrough for a demo either way.

• 1 month later...

So I finally got a demo for this game ready. Here's the link to the download page. I'd read the file description's first paragraph before playing if I were you.

Currently the game is deployed for Windows, but I can also get a Mac version up relatively easily. IOS and Android are possible, but I'd have to read up on how to do it because it's not as straightforward as it seems.

I would prefer that questions and bug reports are directed to this thread here, not the game's download page. Just an FYI. But if you want to critique it or give your opinion of it, I don't mind whether you post it here or there.

22 hours ago, writerforce6 said:

So I finally got a demo for this game ready. Here's the link to the download page. I'd read the file description's first paragraph before playing if I were you.

Currently the game is deployed for Windows, but I can also get a Mac version up relatively easily. IOS and Android are possible, but I'd have to read up on how to do it because it's not as straightforward as it seems.

I would prefer that questions and bug reports are directed to this thread here, not the game's download page. Just an FYI. But if you want to critique it or give your opinion of it, I don't mind whether you post it here or there.

I would love to see a Mac version!

10 hours ago, Dust said:

There is an infinite money bug, you can keep speaking to the receptionist at the hospital to turn in the first quest reward seemingly an infinite amount of times.

That bug has been found and fixed, but the fix has not been released. That said, the fix should be operative in the Mac version, which I am preparing for upload as we speak.

7 hours ago, PWG said:

Ah so there is more to the game.  I got to the Hospital Grounds and it froze.

Can you be more specific? What was the last line before it froze?

here's the bugs i found the guys at the end of lost forest if u talk to them from the sides they dissapear but if you talk to them from the front they reappear

as for the next glitch: this 1 is more complicated but if you go into the hospital grounds with amadea and dont continue the story to the RIGHT side the game will freeze 

next glitch: when you finish the quest you can take more than 1 reward for finishing the quest

Just so you guys know about it, I'm actually doing a development series for this game on YouTube. In it, I try to get stuff done on RPG Maker MV, which can be anything from doing mapping and eventing to actual playtesting of the game. The playlist and all its videos are unlisted, which means you have to have the link in order to see them. With that in mind, I'll share it right now:

Angels and Demons Development Series Playlist

Since I don't regularly update this thread very often, if you want to stay up to date with my progress on Angels and Demons, subscribing to this channel is a good safe bet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, for those of you who are wondering what the heck happened to this game.

Version 1.1, which animates all enemies and adds several fixes, an optional dungeon and a few scenes of main story content (cough cough and turns on the potty system cough cough), is currently in beta and awaiting testing by my three beta players. At this point in time, I'm not looking for more beta testers, so I ask that all three of you who are waiting for the next version's official release please be patient so that your playing experience may be as optimized and bug free as possible.