Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made the decision to drop .hack//Roots. It's supposed to be a prequel to G.U., but it's not very good at that. While G.U.'s story and Haseo's character were born out of his time with the Twilight Brigade, what actually happened during that time isn't actually very important, certainly not important enough to fill a 26 episode series. The information that was necessary was already shown through flashbacks, and I think the idea of the Twilight Brigade loses something when it's more than just Haseo, Shino, and Ovan. Most of G.U. is introduced in G.U., like it naturally should be, the stories of during and after Twilight Brigade are pretty independent. You're not going to be meeting Atoli, Silabus, Yata, any of them, because they're not part of the story yet. And even stuff in the game that took place early on, like Haseo's first encounter in The World, where he got PKed and met Ovan, is glossed over in the anime because it was already in the game. I've certainly complained about .hack having problems with being built around being multimedia, and not every detail being covered in-game, but most of that stuff was backstory for characters other than Haseo, so Roots doesn't cover it either. Really, the only things Roots adds to the game experience is knowing who the hell Phyllo is and why he has a Vol. 2 late-game quest and is never mentioned again, and who Tabby is when she appears in Vol. 3's postgame.

1366%20-%20hack%20.hackRoots%20Tabby.jpg

Happy National Cat Day.

Finished How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift? Gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. Considering it's a workout anime, I was expecting these girls to get at least a little buff by the end. I mean, Ayaka has the abs at the start, but the amount of female muscle is a big letdown. Plus, being that this is an "educational" anime, the fact that there always has to be a new workout routine at least once per episode does break up the pace. You could argue that Dagashi Kashi does the same thing, introducing new candy, but it was better woven into the plot there.

Characters are alright, I suppose. Nothing special.

3259449%20-%20Hibiki_Sakura%20How_Heavy_