Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been making some real progress through Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, enough that I've met the four Goddesses. The game is...okay. Even though it goes on frequent 80% off sales on Steam (down to $6), I'd probably still feel a little let down if I paid that price. Luckily, I paid $1 for the first 2 games, plus some DLC, thanks to Humble Bundle.

The game feels very cheap, is the thing. There's no overworld, many of the environments look the same, the characters move without any weight, a good portion of game time is spent on visual novel cutscenes (which is a trend in more recent Japanese games that I really hate), and it just lacks the visual and interface polish you might expect considering it's already a remake. Also, it's really hard. Even with the Weaken Enemies plan equipped, the game really expects you to grind. A lot. Thankfully for me, because it was part of the DLC included with the Humble Bundle, I have access to a party consisting of Chika Hakozaki, Mina Nishizawa, and Kei Jinguji, who have much higher stats than the story characters, and make it much, much easier. Don't know what I'll do with Re;Birth2, which doesn't have characters like that.

That's not to say I don't like the main characters, at least to a certain extent. I have decided to pledge my allegiance to Lowee and Lady White Heart. She may have a bit of a flat personality, but she can back it up.

S8NkgTP.jpg

The fact that she represents the Wii, my favorite console, helps a lot. As does White Heart's Papi hair.

Today, I rented, played, and beat Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap. It's a damn good game. It's amazing just how much this 30 year old game holds up with just a fresh coat of paint. Sometimes getting to and from town can be tedious, I did have to grind some money, hit detection can be a little awkward, and I stumbled around a few times finding my next destination, but overall, it's remarkably solid. Never needed to consult a guide, never met a challenge that wasn't bested going back in with slightly better equipment and maybe some potions, and it's not too big an open world. You'd probably be safe going back to play the Master System original, but the remake is easily available and is obviously better. It might just be a better rental game, considering I beat it in a few hours. However, since I still have it for a week, I am absolutely going back through, with Wonder Girl on the retro graphics.

Speaking of Wonder Girl, since there's not much in terms of Wonder Girl art, I decided to celebrate with another character from the same series: Asha from Monster World IV. The naming scheme of this series is crazy.

zL7RXrI.png

You know what, I'm impressed, Sega. Considering how the last "mini classic" console we've received was the underwhelming Playstation Classic, Sega's game lineup for the Sega Genesis Mini has been pleasantly surprising. While many of the choices have been very standard in Sega's numerous Genesis compilations, there is a concerted effort this time to include some difficult to obtain fan favorites. First it was Castlevania Bloodlines (before Konami announced it as part of their Castlevania Anniversary Collection, released today), and today included two new surprises: the Japanese Mega Drive Mini includes Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen, and Mega Man: The Wily Wars will be included worldwide. For those unaware, this is a big deal. Not only has the only rerelease The Wily Wars has seen anywhere in the world been on a few shitty AtGames systems, but the American version of this game has basically never been released at all. Back in the day, it was only available for download on the Sega Channel, which meant that release could never be preserved. But now, we finally have it. Assuming those AtGames consoles didn't include the American ROM. I really don't know. There's no dump of it if that's the case.

So this "unreleased" game will finally be available to the general public. Nintendo pulled the same thing with Star Fox 2 to get people to buy the SNES Classic, but...this is better, because The Wily Wars is better, by virtue of it being remakes of Mega Man 1-3. Granted, they're not good remakes, the music and graphical touch ups for the Genesis hardware were handled poorly, there's lots of slowdown, plenty of bugs, it's just better to play the NES versions on their many releases. But it's a good historical piece, and Wily Tower is pretty cool. Time to enjoy classic Mega Man in 16-bit. Aside from Mega Man 7. And Mega Man & Bass. And The Power Battle and The Power Fighters used 7's sprites.

CejkPte.jpg

Well, I’m caught up with Star vs. The Forces of Evil...sort of. I finished Season 3. Season 4 is just about finished airing, so it’s not on Hulu yet, and Disney’s website only goes back to S4E9, so unless Disney updates the backlog they offer, I’ll need to wait until the final season is added to Hulu.

It’s good. It’s a show that gets better as it goes on, mostly noticeable from the second half of Season 2 onwards. I think moving the plot from Earth to Mewny was a good idea, because it means more regular appearances from the more interesting characters, which means more development. While I would still say Disney has better decent shows, in that Gravity Falls and DuckTales are better, it’s still very much worth watching. My biggest complaints are that, when the more interesting story arcs get going, the slice of life episodes feel more intrusive, and the show’s non-comittal approach to permanently killing characters is annoying. I can think of two characters that should have stayed dead.

Anyway, my pick for “best girl so far but I can’t say for 100% certain yet” is:

3071165%20-%20Kelly%20LeQha%20Star_vs_th

You bet Kelly’s unshaven down below. I mean, she’s just a very hairy girl all over. You just better hope that Tad isn’t hiding down there.

It's taken a lot of struggling, because the game is still pretty challenging so far, but I have made it far enough into Tales of Symphonia to recruit Sheena Fujibayashi to our cause.

EnAFHjh.jpg

I said a good while ago that I wanted a Sheena Fujibayashi story. I still really want it. I'm approaching the point where I can safely do it myself. I think I should wait until the party is complete, which is only two more now.