Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story time: back in the early days of my Wii U (so it must have been early 2013, 6 years ago), I once rented Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, cause I used to play the original Ninja Gaiden a lot on online NES emulators and it looked cool. I got to Ayane's first level before I got so angry at its difficulty that I swore off the Ninja Gaiden series as a whole. Well, 6 years later, my head has cooled, I am no longer so proud that I can't play on Easy/Hero/Ninja Dog difficulty, I wanted to give the modern series another shot with a demo of the original Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3. And then I couldn't find that demo on the Playstation Store (though I could find it on my phone), so I instead substituted it with a demo of Razor's Edge. Now that I'm older, much more skilled in this genre (Metal Gear Rising, two Bayonettas, and five Devil May Cry games, all on normal difficulty), how did I fare?

Turns out, I'm just as bad at Ninja Gaiden as I was back in those days. I played on Hero difficulty, so I didn't die in the two demo levels, but I commend my younger self for making it through to Ayane on normal, with plenty of deaths I remember, before losing my shit. I love the way the style and violence, there's probably plenty of tech I haven't learned yet for a complex combat system (because a basic play left it feeling very simple), but these games really are just too hard. I understand that something brutally difficult that forces the player to get really good is something plenty of people like, I'm a gigantic Mega Man fan, but default Ninja Gaiden goes too far. Devil May Cry was at least at one point regarded as a difficult series, but I never had as much trouble with any of those games. Thankfully, Ninja Gaiden has easier difficulties, so I think I could manage with that, because I want to like these games. I just wish that they didn't mock me for picking them. Itagaki, I get that this hard game is the game you made, but you made it too hard. I just want to have fun playing a video game, you don't need to call me a Ninja Dog.

And, in a twist of catharsis, the Razor's Edge demo was not the first level of the game, it gave a pick between the second Ryu level, and...Ayane. Even if I had to go at it Hero, I finally beat that boss that caused me so much anguish. It's still a bad boss.

CggWtE2UUAEu1p7.jpg:large

Nia is the ultimate strong female character: discuss. She is unafraid, fiercely defiant in the eye of the enemy, can look right down the barrel of a gun and still talk smack, stronk as heck (slapped Guame the Immovable on his ass), maintains her individuality in spite of her entire being being stripped away, yet unlike most all other strong female characters, she remains very feminine and cutesy. You don't need to be masculine to be strong. Yoko's got that side covered, strong women come in all shapes and sizes.

And when I say "cutesy", I mean it. She is so goddamn cute.

Sgoqj7r.png

There are many reasons any man should be jealous of Simon. Having Nia is but one of them.

Oh fuck. Took many tries, intense concentrations, and my heart was beating fast, but I beat all songs in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F2nd on Hard difficulty and unlocked them all for Expert. Will I go for them all on Expert? Highly doubtful, considering how much hell I went through to beat 2D Dream Fever, but I might try a few songs. The ones I like could be worth the challenge.

f9a83f45e2a9c4288d822a2f683f726c.png

So, good news: the English dub of Kill la Kill is finally available on Netflix. I've been waiting for this for a while, because on the same day a while back, Aniplex put the English dubs for both Kill la Kill and Sword Art Online II on Crunchyroll and the English dub for Sword Art Online II on Netflix, so that gap was very weird. Glad it's fixed, because Kill la Kill is great.

gfHI4bU.jpg

So, Konami is joining Capcom and Sega's gravy train and releasing some Anniversary Collections. First off, who's going to tell them they're late on the "Anniversary Collection" thing? That was so 15 years ago, it's all about Legacy Collections now. They've got 3 collections planned: Anniversary Collection Arcade Classics, which I imagine will probably do the weakest, because (in my mind) outside their licensed beat-em-ups, Konami's arcade lineup isn't so strong or iconic (though I do like me some Life Force). Next is the Contra Anniversary Collection, containing Contra, Super Contra, Super C, Contra III: The Alien Wars, and 4 mystery games (calling it now, they will be Contra Hard Corps, Operation C, Contra Shattered Soldier, Contra 4, and Contra ReBirth...well, it'll be four of those. Couldn't tell you which one will be left out.)

Finally, and probably most exciting for many people (myself included) is the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, featuring Castlevania, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (the good Castlevania II), Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV, and 4 mystery games. Now, what will those mystery games be? I think Castlevania Bloodlines is a shoo-in, and I've got a good feeling about Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth, but the other two are enigmas. Since the collection is releasing on the PS4 as well as Switch, Xbox One, and PC, and Castlevania Requiem is so new, I'm sure they won't be Rondo of Blood or Symphony of the Night. I see a decent chance for Castlevania Chronicles, but because I don't think there will be any dipping into Metroidvanias, that last one is a total wash. Could surprise us and be Kid Dracula. Could even be Castlevania Legends.

546308%20-%20Castlevania%20Castlevania_L

Now, when's my Rocket Knight Anniversary Collection (THERE'S ONLY FOUR GAMES IN THE SERIES THEY CAN DO IT) and Suikoden Anniversary Collection?

So the reviews were true, and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse is really good. There's nothing like it animation-wise, and the story is fast-paced yet still has time for some truly heartfelt moments. Definitely see it if you're into superheroes at all... and Peni too, I suppose.

image.thumb.png.2fa644f5db6d85babdd76a694e95d6de.png

Will I ever write anything about her? I dunno, the movie doesn't give us much to go on regarding her personality and daily life. I guess I could make something work in the future if inspiration takes me, so she'll remain on the "maybe someday" pile for now.