Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post A Ecchi Pic a Day thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The topic was featured

Finished The Alliance Alive. I know it seems weird to say, considering I'm purposefully neglecting Suikoden III to play it, but it's nice to have a game with that Suikoden spirit. It's a pretty good game, and I recommend it. My only real complaints are that the player moves kinda slow on the field, so exploration and dungeons take longer than I feel they should (game ends up at about 25 hours, could have stood to trim a few hours down), the enemies get some beefy health to the point that they become larger threats than the final bosses, and the climax was underhyped. But I liked it all around, and I hope Cattle Call's next RPG improves upon it the way it improved upon The Legend of Legacy, and ends up great. And I also really hope that Yoshitaka Murayama (creator of Suikoden, scenario writer of The Alliance Alive, reason I wanted The Alliance Alive) does more work soon. It's got a demo, no reason not to give that a shot.

The roster of characters is smaller than you'd see in a Suikoden game (12 characters, though I couldn't tell you if the minor recruitable characters add up closer to 108), but that doesn't mean its female cast is any less capable or appealing.

NTa4q8T.jpg

You know, these ensemble shots of the female cast only ever feature the mandatory characters. No love for Matilda?

And why give Vivian white panties? You see 'em all the time in the game, they're gray.

Nintendo Direct. Once again, not very much to interest me. Except, of course, for the GOAT that is Tetris 99, an idea that sounds so dumb yet so brilliant and I would love to play it. No, but besides that, as a fan of Yoshi's Woolly World, Crafted World looks cute, Astral Chain could be good (I described it on Twitter as "if NieR was anime and had Blade Wolf"), and of course, they spent a lot of time on Fire Emblem: Three Houses while telling us nothing. The only thing that piqued my interest in Fire Emblem was Sothis, because she's got green hair and pointy ears, so I think she might be a manakete. Good move starting the trailer with her.

Oh, and of course, there was their big surprise: a remake of Link's Awakening. Cool. Not a huge fan of the original (still need to finish it too), so I won't be picking this up, but plenty of people are excited. I just wish it looked...good. I'm sorry, I know there is a bit of an argument going on, but I really hate the art style they're using. Everything looks like plastic and the character faces suck. Would have been satisfied with an HD version of Link Between Worlds' style. At the very least, the mere existence should convince me to finish the original...I'd say, but Majora's Mask also still isn't done, so it's not such an airtight solution.

586388%20-%20A-Y-B%20Legend_of_Zelda%20L