Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

getting caught on with wet pants

In a conversation with a close friend and coworker she confided that her daughter (16) had peed her pants, but had not made a real effort to not get caught.  While she could have easily got her cloths into the laundry with anyone being the wiser, she left her wet panties in the laundry hamper were my friend would surely find them  (the young lady did wash her pants).  The young lady in question is a very good kid and I think maybe guilt played a part, in that the reason she wet her pants was she was out joy riding with friends and not were she was suppose to be.  Wine coolers were also involved.  Long story short mom asked her about the wet panties and she confessed to everything without much hesitation even though she knew that she would be spanked.  A punishment she accepted without any fuss.  It had been about two years since the last spanking.

The story reminded me of similar events that I was aware of through our my life.  I high school friend, did pretty much the same thing.  And one of our former foreign exchange student (she came back and spent a big part of one summer with us two years after her exchange she was 19 ) who wet her pants left her pants and panties on the bath room floor.  In her case she just waited too long, she was terribly embarrassed.  While a mild scolding was my intent, (she always waited too long and near accidents were common) she asked to be given two swats with the paddle because she knew that was the standard consequence for the younger children.  My wife did administer the swats but they were not very hard.  My wife later admitted that she allowed herself to get caught on a couple of occasions and completely understood.  

My question how common of a thing is this.  Understanding that there are cultural attitudes that differ widely about spanking for peeing one pants.  Certainly growing up were I did having an accident without a very valid reason was going to get you spanked and almost always on the bare bottom.  Although not necessarily that hard. 

Edited by murphdog (see edit history)

It depends on where you live and what is the cultural norm.  Not near as prevalent today as it was when I was growing up but still not uncommon especially with teenage girls.  If done correctly it works very well and it is done and over with, not drawn out like grounding where the whole family has two weeks of a cranky teenager making everyone's life miserable.  We have a paddling clause at our house but it is exercised very rarely. 

My point for asking the question was how common is it for a young lady to want a spanking when she is feeling guilty or even stressed.  What I'm describing was not based upon sex or a turn on for the girls.  Of course wetting and spanking are sometimes woven into sex and foreplay but this was not were I was going with the question. 

5 hours ago, murphdog said:

It depends on where you live and what is the cultural norm.  Not near as prevalent today as it was when I was growing up but still not uncommon especially with teenage girls.  If done correctly it works very well and it is done and over with, not drawn out like grounding where the whole family has two weeks of a cranky teenager making everyone's life miserable.  We have a paddling clause at our house but it is exercised very rarely. 

My point for asking the question was how common is it for a young lady to want a spanking when she is feeling guilty or even stressed.  What I'm describing was not based upon sex or a turn on for the girls.  Of course wetting and spanking are sometimes woven into sex and foreplay but this was not were I was going with the question. 

In what part of the world, exactly, is it the cultural norm to spank teenagers?

Everything in your original post reads like some kind of fantasy.  In many parts of the world, if an older teenager is spanked, like you described, that would result in the parents getting a visit from authorities.  If someone were to spank a foreign exchange student in their care, there would be a criminal investigation.

To answer your question about how common it is for a teen girl to want a spanking as punishment?  I would say not common at all.  What you described is just is extremely strange- Teenagers don't want to be punishes, especially some form of humiliating punishment that is usually reserved for young children.  Now I knew girls who wanted to be spanked by their boyfriends when they were teens, but then it was something sexual for them... Not a result of stress or guilt.

If a woman is truly in a situation where her response to stress or guilt is a desire for physical punishment, as you describe, that is a possible symptom of PTSD or some other trauma.  That is a kind of survivor behavior you see in someone who has been severely victimized.

Guest Closed_Account
On 10/06/2016 at 9:25 PM, kochel428 said:

I think it's hilarious when a story is presented as true, and contains believable elements, but the author just can't help including that one thing that makes it utterly impossible to believe. Very strange.

I think all the victorian language is the best part :p

All right I had tried to avoid the argument of spanking teens, but yes teen girls are spanked in a lot of families and  some school districts even today.  Yes we have a spanking clause in our family and yes it is pretty normal within our demographic.  Yes old teens get spanked on occasion with the most common offence being drinking and driving especially that first summer back from college. 

And for the record spanking is making a come back because it works and quite frankly with the advent of meth and the comeback of heroin the world can be a very dangerous place for an out of control teen.

I'm not talking about adult temper tantrums but rather clear boundaries/expectation, well defined consequences, and lots of love, no yelling and a well thought out procedure.  No our kids don't hate us, in fact as a family we are extremely close  which is typical.  And finally our children and those raised to be personally responsible for the their actions are the high achievers, the movers and shakers, the nice kids who are out going and popular they just happen to respect boundaries. 

I am probably as much in your corner as anyone can be.  Having raised three girls, but there is an age where spanking does not seem appropriate any longer.  I am also betting that the effects of physical punishments also cease to have the desired effect after a certain age as well.  I am sure where that age is exactly is debatable but over the age of 15........eeeeh, and after 18 they are an adult, you don't spank adults unless it is sexual.  In the later teen years, things like not letting them use the car or taking away their cell phone, limiting their internet usage or suspending their Netflix account may be more effective.  

If spankings are so effective, maybe police should start spanking people for petty crimes.

"This just in, man caught stealing a ladies purse in Wal-Mart today, police apprehended the suspect, a Male, age 29.  The perpetrator was given 10 spanks with a paddle and released on his own recognizance. We thank our officers who protect, serve and punish."   LOL, 

So

On 6/14/2016 at 7:15 PM, murphdog said:

And for the record spanking is making a come back because it works and quite frankly with the advent of meth and the comeback of heroin the world can be a very dangerous place for an out of control teen.

If you seriously think that you can spank a teen grown enough to take meth into leaving it, then I got some bad new for you bro - it won't work. Most probably your child is gonna leave your house and become a drug addict or something. A moral lecture about the demerits, on the other hand, is always a lot better option instead.