Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Question for the ladies even though the men can chime in  is it me or does it seem like a lot of professions are not bladder friendly on the ladies I'm a nurse and I can tell you first hand that we hold it to inhumane levels. Where I work especially they don't let you take a personal break 3 hours before shifts end so when the shift does end you have about 25 women dying to use a rest room with 3 stalls. I've heard from female friends of mine who are bus drivers, construction workers and even the girls in the military have to hold to the extreme. Would any of the ladies here like to weigh in ? Any women in here use the go girl ? I'm thinking of giving it a shot.  

I'm in nursing school, I see lots of fellow nursing students desperate, to chime in. I haven't yet been so unfortunate, I have a decently large (though not insane) bladder, but it just seems like the women are unwilling to take a pee break in addition to the already difficult time getting to the bathroom on the floor.

I do think it's dreadful that nurses, and indeed other professions, are forced to hold it however I must admit to finding it an interesting subject. There's something rather attractive to me about someone putting others first while crossing their legs and nursing an over filled bladder. I'm curious as to whether there are any gender differences in the this behaviour. Do male nurses suffer the same or are they more likely to find the time to go and relive themselves ?I guess you're aware of the recognised condition "Nurse's Bladder" aka Infrequent Voiders Syndrome. The primary symptoms of this are a greatly enlarged functional bladder capacity and the lack of sensation until extremely full. Is this what you experience?

I've never experienced this before, despite volunteering at a daycare. We're actually more likely to deny the CHILDREN the opportunity to go, but if one was familiar with the kids then that rule would make sense. Of course I've almost peed myself on several occasions working there, although those were purely because I refused to use the nasty toilet rather than be forbidden to.

My girlfriend is a chef and the nature of her job demands that she must have a strong bladder. She'll often do a 12 hour shift without a toilet break and the first thing she does coming through the door at home is run to the bathroom. Thankfully she has never actually wet herself at work or from the effects of holding all day; but she'll often come home with wet underwear. 

In my job it's not an issue either for myself or my staff (male or female) I manage a logistics office so there are no restrictions on toilet breaks.

Guest beth

I dress up as princesses for kids' birthday parties for a bit of a part time job, it's usually ok as the hours are (normally) short and I can (in theory) pee whenever I like. The only issue is I often have to change in the back room or loos of some social club with the others who work with me, so I've taken to wearing tights and a leotard under my dresses for modesty's sake. It's ok on short days but a real pain when you have several parties back to back and need to pee. Luckily most of the time I know when it's going to be a long day and can prepare, but I have been caught out a few times.

Edited by beth (see edit history)

dpmpvfd   if god forbid you leave your patients without coverage and something happens  not only will i be fired  but could be the subject of a lawsuit

beth  i feel for you   ive had friends  who did that in the past and some of those costumes  are not easy to get out of  every now and then ill see one dressed up at a birthday party my girls are in attendance  and i feel for her knowing how it probably is

23 minutes ago, gtg2468 said:

dpmpvfd   if god forbid you leave your patients without coverage and something happens  not only will i be fired  but could be the subject of a lawsuit

It must suck that you can't have breaks when you need to :( Have you ever seen any of your colleagues ending up wetting or messing their pants?

In my industry, it's possible for some people (depending on where they work) to go for three or four hours without a proper toilet break, although with a bit of planning there's usually some way of sneaking a quick visit in without causing a problem. If things really were desperate, though, I don't think anyone would ever be disciplined for delaying things so that they can go for relief. No responsible employer should be forcing any of their staff into a position where they've got to resort to wearing protection!

On 19/05/2016 at 1:07 PM, Missypee said:

As someone who did pee herself at work, its pull-ups for me now . I can never tell how long its going to be before I can go if I get the urge. They have saved me many times and nobody has to know your wearing them  

What's your job? Interesting to know the lengths you have to go to. 

I'm sure many of us would like a story on your wetting. 

Nothing to report in my line of work, toilet breaks are readily available. 

On 05/27/2016 at 1:12 PM, gtg2468 said:

beth  i feel for you   ive had friends  who did that in the past and some of those costumes  are not easy to get out of  every now and then ill see one dressed up at a birthday party my girls are in attendance  and i feel for her knowing how it probably is

I'd figure you could get another nurse to watch them for 1 or 2 mins while you go pee then you could watch hers while she goes pee

On 27/05/2016 at 4:33 PM, beth said:

I dress up as princesses for kids' birthday parties for a bit of a part time job, it's usually ok as the hours are (normally) short and I can (in theory) pee whenever I like. The only issue is I often have to change in the back room or loos of some social club with the others who work with me, so I've taken to wearing tights and a leotard under my dresses for modesty's sake. It's ok on short days but a real pain when you have several parties back to back and need to pee. Luckily most of the time I know when it's going to be a long day and can prepare, but I have been caught out a few times.

I would love to hear about those few times if you feel like sharing. 

On 5/27/2016 at 1:56 PM, homeanddry said:

In my industry, it's possible for some people (depending on where they work) to go for three or four hours without a proper toilet break, although with a bit of planning there's usually some way of sneaking a quick visit in without causing a problem. If things really were desperate, though, I don't think anyone would ever be disciplined for delaying things so that they can go for relief. No responsible employer should be forcing any of their staff into a position where they've got to resort to wearing protection!

Several years ago I went to school near several hospitals.  One day I was walking down the street and noticed a fairly attractive middle aged nurse in her scrubs.  As I followed her I could clearly see a pullup through the scrubs.  I've been wondering ever since how common that was.

Edited by hp2001123 (see edit history)
Guest beth

18 hours ago, Humil said:

I would love to hear about those few times if you feel like sharing. 

Well one time we were only expecting to do one party, but turns out our boss had her dates wrong so we ended up doing three in a row, I wasn't prepared and neither it seems was my co-worker (who dressed up as spiderman). Anyways, by the third party I was absolutely bursting, and they had us change in the disabled toilet, I could probably have held it until I got home if it wasn't for Andy (spiderman) deciding he couldn't hold it and asking me to look away so he could pee there and then, he was very apologetic about it, and sat down to stay decent, but the noise and his expression were too much and I just started peeing, I only got control back when I had half a bladder of pee in my knickers, down my legs, and on the floor. Andy kindly went out and made excuses for me while I finished off in the toilet and cleaned up. We still laugh about it today.

On 06/06/2016 at 1:41 PM, beth said:

Well one time we were only expecting to do one party, but turns out our boss had her dates wrong so we ended up doing three in a row, I wasn't prepared and neither it seems was my co-worker (who dressed up as spiderman). Anyways, by the third party I was absolutely bursting, and they had us change in the disabled toilet, I could probably have held it until I got home if it wasn't for Andy (spiderman) deciding he couldn't hold it and asking me to look away so he could pee there and then, he was very apologetic about it, and sat down to stay decent, but the noise and his expression were too much and I just started peeing, I only got control back when I had half a bladder of pee in my knickers, down my legs, and on the floor. Andy kindly went out and made excuses for me while I finished off in the toilet and cleaned up. We still laugh about it today.

Thanks for sharing.

Of course the military and people in the medical field have to hold their pee, they have bigger problems than when they get to pee, I'm sure the bus driver is the same for both sexes, remember they're driving a bus all day plus they work on a schedule, and I don't know what to say about the construction workers though

Edited by Tondemo arimas (see edit history)
12 hours ago, Tondemo arimas said:

One more thing, why do you think it's just the women who have to hold it for unnaturally long periods of time? Men probably have to hold it for just as long

Agreed.  In fact, there are some who might make provision for a woman but who expect men to be able to hold it or to just find someplace to go.  In my neighborhood several years ago, a contractor building new houses never bothered to provide a portable toilet until he had a woman on the job site who insisted on it.  

3 hours ago, Fred46888 said:

Agreed.  In fact, there are some who might make provision for a woman but who expect men to be able to hold it or to just find someplace to go.  In my neighborhood several years ago, a contractor building new houses never bothered to provide a portable toilet until he had a woman on the job site who insisted on it.  

So did they just pee on trees or something?

3 hours ago, Tondemo arimas said:

So did they just pee on trees or something?

This is a rural area, so there were woods nearby.  Also, once the structure was up as a screen, they just peed anywhere behind it.  I visited to watch them frequently, and once they decided I wasn't a prude, they didn't mind peeing just a few feet away.