Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kinda feel bad for even posting this but I'm going to claim you made me do it. Arena of Desperate battles, the continuation! And then, some stuff happened The showdown was r

YES! But, let's be a responsible Big Sister. We should not lewd the Rayna. We should be nice and supportive towards Rayna and help her overcome her un-potty training.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ShowOffX said:

Playing it safe, since the next tier battle combatant has the edge in magic, I'd say to ask Aimee for advice, since she IS your senpai... Jkjk, but seriously, better safe than sorry to know what you may be up against :). BTW, do we know who Aimee fought? That'd be interesting to know who she has intel on, and who she beat. :)

Minty types in the question and sends it.

"Hey Aimee, you have any advice on dealing with Sammy? I think I might try to fight her next."

"BTW, if you don't mind my asking, who did you win against?"

"-Minty"

A few minutes pass, and a reply appears in the inbox.

"Hey Minty,"

"Sammy's just a kid with dreams of grandeur, but she figured out magic quickly. One of the prizes she got really upped her abilities too."

"That one victory I have? It was against her. She used her shield spell too much and ended up draining all her stamina. Might try to exploit that.

"-Aimee"

1 minute ago, ShowOffX said:

Ooohhhh, interesting... Oh, sorry for asking, but how many shots can Minty shoot with the pistol? Like how many rounds per magazine and if we have any extra rounds/magazines? :P 

Minty's current pistol carries 30 shots and she does not carry extra magazines. (Being naked and all)

6 minutes ago, OmoCommando said:

Minty's current pistol carries 30 shots and she does not carry extra magazines. (Being naked and all)

I'm assuming that we can upgrade this later, but I think bogging Sammy down by shooting her repetitively should be a good strategy, so I vote for fighting against Sammy :D.

(I assumed maybe there might be a magical bullet storage thingy or maybe the gun used magic rounds instead of ballistic, hence why I asked about extras. :P )

Edited by ShowOffX
Rearranging words (see edit history)

It is a valid question. Suffice it to say, guns here do not carry conventional ammunition but are still limited in use.

I sometimes miss important parts of information because everything is already in my head and I forget that I haven't conveyed it to other people yet, so don't hesitate to ask if there's something you feel that needs clearing up.

What happens if we lose a battle? Will we be disqualified and game over for Minty or can she try again (and if yes, how often?)

Do we also gain Skill points from losses (of course less than from a win. Like 5 losses = 1 skill point anyway?) or do we get nothing at all, no matter how often we fight (and lose)? I guess not, but it would be good to know for sure.

Back to the main topic, I`ll side with the majority once again and suggest we fight Sammy...

People seem to be all for picking on poor Sammy. I vote learning more about all our opponents, or as much as Amiee's knowledge allows. We know Sammy's weakness, so we may be able to exploit that by putting her through a Touhou style Bullet Hell level, coupling magic (limited to weakest most energy saving magic, three shots of fireballs at most) with a barrage of shots.

"All right, let's do it. Time to fight this Sammy!" Minty says, as she registers for a match.

The girl checked her weapons, making sure everything was in working order, the walked out of her room.

---

Just as before, Minty walked out into the wide expanse that was the coliseum, not a single person in the stands, and that artificial sun upon a clear blue sky hanging overhead. She quickly descended the stairs and headed to the middle of the room.

Not more than a moment after did a girl appear at the top of the stairs opposite of Minty's position. She was small in both height and frame, couldn't have been more than 11 or 12, at best. And yet she had that same fierce look that Aimee had... minus one thing. This girl carried herself with a degree of confidence.

Sammy walked down the stairs, then upon reaching the bottom, took a long leap over to the center of the room. She didn't look like much... just a young, naked girl. No weapons or anything. Though her profile had stated that she was proficient with magic...

The brown-haired girl brought her legs together and made a respectful bow. "Nice to meet you. My name is Sammy."

"Um... I'm Minty."

"I'm pretty new to the arena myself." Sammy explained. "But I'm no pushover! I've been studying how to properly battle with magic since I got here." The girl held out her left hand, palm open, and tiny spheres of light began to swirl around it. There was a faint hum, lasting for only a few seconds, and then the spheres shot towards Sammy's open hand, followed by and eruption of light.

Minty shut her eyes and flinched. But when she opened them, the young girl in front of her was holding a silver staff with a cobalt diamond at its head.

Arena11.jpeg

"I didn't know you actually had a weapon..." Minty said.

"I acquired this as a prize from my last fight." said Sammy. "It's a pretty powerful artifact." The young girl twirled the staff about.

"What does it do?" Minty asked.

"That is something..." the smaller girl said with a grin, "you'll have to find out for yourself!" She slammed the bladed base of the staff into the ground; Sammy's head, legs and arms became enveloped in that same light, and the next thing Minty knew, the kid was wearing white boots with red socks, red gloves, and her head was adorned with these small silver winglets.

Upon her transformation, the black mist from before appeared in the center of the arena, and fired those same yellow ribbons which wrapped themselves around each girl's hips before disappearing. Almost on instinct, Minty's legs pressed together as she was overcome by the need to pee.

IntroSammy.jpeg

"Let the battle begin!"

--

How shall Minty begin the battle?

> Attack with sword

> Attack with gun

> Attack with Magic (Fire or Lightning spell)

> Wait for Sammy to make a move

> Taunt Sammy

> Other

Wait for her to do something. When she does something, use the quick-casting lightning spell in the middle of her action. If Sammy tries to cast a spell, due to the nature of lightning, ours will likely fire off first and she will be concentrating on something else, not in a position to do anything about it.

It was a quick-draw situation.

Wait for her first move. We should be careful and see what our opponent can do. So at the beginning I suggest we stay alert and prepare for...well...anything, be ready to dodge or block, depending on what she will launch at us...

Plus, Aimee told us that Sammy uses her shield way too often and gets exhausted rather quickly. Maybe Sammy is even preparing to cast a shield now since she expects an attack from us, which won`t happen - yet.

Wait for Sammy's first move, then attempt to dodge or counter it, depending in on the type. Magic: dodge then fire pistol at rapid succession or cast lightning. Physical: counter using sword, retreat while firing pistol rapidly or cast lightning. If it seems impossible to do either, attempt to block with shield.

Edited by ShowOffX (see edit history)

Try to keep your distance and shoot her. We are better at ranged weaponry than her; I assume she would also have trouble using her spells over a distance? She's also slower than Aimee, so she would probably have to use her shield spell to avoid our bullets. Which tires her and makes her ready to be attacked with a sword in close combat. 

I would definitely not use magic; it's the only thing she outclasses us at. 

Shoot her. Magic is out because she has the advantage. Melee is even more out because she has the advantage of range and better accuracy at closer range. Meanwhile, bullets are (probably) faster than attack spells, and her tendency to shield leaves her immobile. Shoot until she's out of mana then move in for the kill.

Question: will there be advantages to the types of metal your weapon is? Like how in many legends, steel or silver is highly effective against magic?

Edited by guest (see edit history)

Minty waits and watches, leading with her sword hand, keeping her left hand back in order to cast a quick lightning bolt, if need be. As a fast, powerful spell, odds were it would hit Sammy before she could do anything.

"All right," Sammy says to Minty. "If you won't go first, then I will!" The girl thrust her staff forward, and Minty immediately thrusts her open hand forward in response.

Arena12.jpeg

A lightning bolt is thrown from the other girl's staff, striking Minty in the abdomen. Unfortunately, it seemed as though Sammy knew lightning spells of her own. In which case, if both girls were to use lightning against each other, whoever cast first was likely to also the first to land a blow. Minty bent over from the strike, one hand holding her gut, the other using her sword to try and regain her balance.

Once she got her bearings, Minty looked down between her legs. Nothing appeared to have leaked, and that mysterious voice didn't declare a penalty.

She looked up at the dark-haired girl. "So that's how it's going to be..." Minty quickly pulls out her gun and begins to fire away.

The first shot strikes Sammy right in the chest. She staggers a bit from the blow, but is still able to roll out of the way of the remaining shots, then raises her staff above her head and becomes encased in a bubble of luminescent blue light. Minty's shots harmlessly impact onto the bubble.

Arena13.jpeg

"You'll have to do better than that!" The young girl taunts.

---

Commando forgot to draw HP bars, but Minty has 71% HP remaining and 20/30 shots remaining in her handgun.

> Switch to sword and attack head-on.

> Continue firing with gun.

> Attack with a magic spell (Fire or Lightning)

> Go on the defensive.

> Taunt Sammy.