Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kinda feel bad for even posting this but I'm going to claim you made me do it. Arena of Desperate battles, the continuation! And then, some stuff happened The showdown was r

YES! But, let's be a responsible Big Sister. We should not lewd the Rayna. We should be nice and supportive towards Rayna and help her overcome her un-potty training.

Posted Images

Speed. It was time for Minty to increase her speed. Getting outflanked by fighters was becoming tiresome, and now she'd be able to match most of them. Or at least... they wouldn't be running circles around her.

Yes. Now was the time for speed. At this rate, Minty could only hope she was able to keep up with the higher ranked fighters. She had almost gotten through half of them by now. And so, she ticked the box, and pressed 'enter'.

StatsMinty6.jpeg

Now all that was left was to choose her prize.

Select Prize:

> Sustained Lightning: (Lighting spell can now be cast in a continuous burst. Targets with less than 4 endurance may become stunned by the effect. Drains mana very quickly)

> Fire ball: (Fire bolt spell becomes an area-of-effect attack with increased damage, at a radius of two meters. Costs a bit more mana than a standard fire bolt.)

> Dual Wield Ability: Minty gains the ability to use a weapon in her off-hand, be it pistol or sword.

> Mystic Blade: Minty gains the ability to channel the effects of her spells into her sword.

yes, thats true, But channeling sword spells would help our damage as much as dual wielding, If dual wielding actually meant double damage then I would agree to go with it, but in most games dual wielders often do only marginally more damage than single wield due to offhand penalties. There are also a myriad of disadvantages that go along with dual wielding:

Our hands wouldn't be free to augment spellcasting, less powerful strike potential per weapon, harder to block a powerful strike, and it also precludes using a shield. Or a 2 hander.

If we channel spells into our weapon we could get more versatile effects, for example electrifying someones armor every time they are hit. I think mystic blade is the stronger option, as cool as some may find dual wielding

Edited by trademark2 (see edit history)

Mystic Blade.

Definitely. Dual wielding...yes, it seems awesome...but do we even have a second sword to use off-hand?
We sure have a pistol, but Mintys accuracy is abysmal, so it won`t be that much of an advantage...we can only reliably hit our opponent at super-close range where a sword would be the better option anyway.

Also: fucking Chidori Blade!

With stats like that, this went way beyond challenging.

Both magic options should be viable, for Mintys stats for them are as good as melee at the moment. But she's been using magic pretty much only to supplement melee or last resort, being (so far?) more familiar with close combat. Also curiously pistol has seen somewhat lots of use, considering it being the weakest link.

Mystic Blade would be easiest the best way to go, exept there seems to be one pink haired smiling occupant in mintys gear allready. Does the succubi mind or share space, or magnify, combo or do anything else with the skill?

Also is there a bit of clarification with Dual wielding? that possibly seemed to be possible option with offhand penalty, looking long back at the first page when battling Aimee. (edit: actually it's not straightly dictated there can she use both hands same time. only that using left includes penalty, being not primary hand) But and anyhow, if so, Does this just remove the offhand penalty or otherwise make Minty generally ambidextrous at all things?

Edited by DKDNS
miss, wording (see edit history)

Dual Wield! No other option for me. I'm too easily led down the two-weapon fighting route in many games I play. Make our pistol a flintlock, and change our sword to a cutlass and we're ruling the high seas.

In all seriousness, having a gun at close range could be more useful than most people think. We're near guaranteed to hit and point blank shots seriously hurt. Think of how we could point blank shot an overtaxed bladder for some naughty fun... >:3

Edited by Tapris-chama (see edit history)
21 hours ago, YaoiOmoFanatic said:

Dual wielding...yes, it seems awesome...but do we even have a second sword to use off-hand?

We still ought to have the starting sword, as Commando never said we lost it. 

22 hours ago, trademark2 said:

...Channeling sword spells would help our damage as much as dual wielding, If dual wielding actually meant double damage then I would agree to go with it, but in most games dual wielders often do only marginally more damage than single wield due to offhand penalties. 

This is not necessarily true. If most games it tends to double your damage, though lower your defense. HOWEVER: 

In real life, the most well-known martial art with two swords is called niten ichi-ryu,, which was developed by Miyamoto Musashi. It is remarkably effective- he actually used it to fight off dozens of swordsmen, archers, and rifleman from the famous Yoshioka Clan at once, THE FIRST TIME HE EVER TRIED IT. He literally never lost a duel.

22 hours ago, trademark2 said:

Our hands wouldn't be free to augment spellcasting, less powerful strike potential per weapon, harder to block a powerful strike, and it also precludes using a shield. Or a 2 hander.

This is true. However, we do not have a sheild yet, and we have a no real proof that we can reliably use two hands on our sword. Also, we can put down or sheathe one of our swords when right- we don't need both. As for blocking stronger blows, two swords is much more effective than just one, in both strength, and preparing a counterattack. Check the image at the bottom.

Additionally, we already have a move similar to mystic blade- nova strike. Imagine using two swords for it. While it doesn't have a shocking effect, that is currently the only side effect we'd have from a mystic blade. 

In summary:

1) Dual wielding will increase our attack and defensive skills considerably, especially if it's based on real-life dual wielding

2) We don't have enough spells to rely on Mystic Blade.

3) We have Nova Stole, which is very similar to Mystic Blade.

4) We can use a gun with dual wielding, and Leila should be able to help up our skill as a "favor" for watching Rayna.

5) Dual wielding is awesome!

1f5bdcf459661150f965c16d32ea92b7--by-the-sword-japanese-sword.jpg

Edited by guest (see edit history)
8 hours ago, guest said:

1f5bdcf459661150f965c16d32ea92b7--by-the-sword-japanese-sword.jpg

Realistically this is actually garbage for blocking a strike. All it really does is it gives your opponent leverage to get both of your weapons out of the way at once, and it removes the entire advantage you have with two swords - which is, to parry with one sword then immediately follow up with the other. If you really need to block with both weapons (which is actually a thing you want to do since blocking with two swords at once does give you more stopping power) you want them both on the same side of the opponent's weapon, so that you get the extra force to stop the other guy's attack, and then you can just really quickly take one away and poke the other guy in the face or something.

But anyways if we want to take full advantage of dual-wielding, it'd probably be better if we're faster first, so mystic blade is probably the better idea right now.

Guest, that is very interesting information, thank you. Although, what game has dual wielding double your damage? I have never played one like that.

Anyways, we know at least 2 spells that could go into the weapon, so that's not an issue (lightning and fire). I am not saying dual wielding wouldn't benefit us, but there's not really an advantage to using dual wielding over a 2 handed weapon or a shield, and were spending a talent point on it. Honestly to me minty is more of a spellsword than a dual wielder. I also loved sword art online but minty's name is not kirito.

I really wish we could get like a grappling talent so we could pin the opponent down, kneel on their stomach, and sadistically stimulate them until they can't hold it anymore. 

Edited by trademark2 (see edit history)
7 hours ago, trademark2 said:

What game has dual wielding double your damage? I have never played one like that.

What do you mean? The point of dual wielding in a game is to double your damage. Two weapons is twice the attack power, give or take a little based on whether one weapon is stronger. (If you mean does it double the total damage, I didn't mean that, I meant the damage is increased because of the second weapon.)

(Also, though this isn't really the point, I wasn't a big sao fan, I just chose the picture because it looks cool.)

8 hours ago, Sake said:

Realistically this is actually garbage for blocking a strike. All it really does is it gives your opponent leverage to get both of your weapons out of the way at once, and it removes the entire advantage you have with two swords - which is, to parry with one sword then immediately follow up with the other. If you really need to block with both weapons (which is actually a thing you want to do since blocking with two swords at once does give you more stopping power) you want them both on the same side of the opponent's weapon, so that you get the extra force to stop the other guy's attack, and then you can just really quickly take one away and poke the other guy in the face or something.

Fair enough, generally speaking. The point, though, was less about that specific block and more that there are ways (such as the one you described) that one can use two swords to block.