Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kinda feel bad for even posting this but I'm going to claim you made me do it. Arena of Desperate battles, the continuation! And then, some stuff happened The showdown was r

YES! But, let's be a responsible Big Sister. We should not lewd the Rayna. We should be nice and supportive towards Rayna and help her overcome her un-potty training.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, blooper said:

But Crim, it has been stated that magic increases fatigue as well. Are we not just as likely to fall attempting to shield ourselves from a foe of superior magic as we are trying to dodge them? From the looks of it our best chance against Sammy will be to close in on her and threaten her in melee, since her skills are mostly magic related. So even if we are slowed, we can likely use our speed to approach and force her to immediately shield after slowing, and hopefully overwhelm her casting capabilities enough to cause an accident. Or else actually get a blow on her. Her speed is low so she shouldn't be able to escape even if slow halves ours or whatever. I could see raising ranged or melee to be viable options, but raising magic seems like a losing battle against a superior foe.  Even endurance to guarantee our ability to cast longer than her seems better. 

But Blooper, it also explicitly states that magic stat also governs magic fatigue, as well as casting speed. Leveling up speed would put speed at a 2, while her magic is at a 3. She'll be able to both cast faster than we can move, and longer than we can move for. Go back and read the initial stat postings, leveling up speed this early given the people we have next is almost a guaranteed loss

18 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

But Blooper, it also explicitly states that magic stat also governs magic fatigue, as well as casting speed. Leveling up speed would put speed at a 2, while her magic is at a 3. She'll be able to both cast faster than we can move, and longer than we can move for. Go back and read the initial stat postings, leveling up speed this early given the people we have next is almost a guaranteed loss

Oh apparently endurance is out then. It still makes no sense to me that having a still weaker magic defense will protect us better than being able to dodge and get to her faster, but apparently moocom says otherwise. I would rather have the point in magic anyway, but it just seems absurd to me we could be victorious with magic in this fight. I guess I'll change my vote to magic since moocom rules are weird. 

Against a magic user, we need to defend against magic. Sammy has a slow spell, and the other opponent an ice spell so given general moocomverse we can assume that ice equates to more than a little damage, so investing in speed would be worth maybe half a stat point. Endurance makes us a bit tankier early on, but still at the mercy of both opponents, so the increased tank would only buy us more time to get the hell beat out of poor minty and her bladder, same with holding ability. If we have magic and magic defense to defend against Sammy's CC, we have a window to go in and take her out, due to her non-existent physical ability. The less effective the opponents magic, the easier it is to get into close range. Smack upside the head, and then we have a fresh new statpoint to argue over that can go into something else.

"I guess I'll try increasing my magic!" Minty says. As she clicks the box and accepts, Minty suddenly feels filled with energy. "Should be interesting to see how this affects my spellcasting abilities!"

StatsMinty2.jpeg

An alert then showed up on the screen of her computer.

"Select Prize."

A window shows up with five items on it: Three colourful icons listed as "spells" as well as a wand and an armored glove.

StuffNSpells.jpeg

---

Which prize shall Minty claim?

> Shield Spell: A defensive spell which can block both physical and magical attacks. Requires the user to remain still in order to concentrate on the spell. Cannot block heavy damage. A higher magic stat reduces the amount of mana required to sustain this spell.

> Lightning Spell: Powerful burst of electrical energy that is extremely fast and difficult to dodge. High mana requirements.

> Weakness Spell: Debilitation spell which weakens the target, reducing the effectiveness of their melee attacks and blocking.

> Power wand: A wand that increases the potency of offensive spells but slightly lowers max HP.

> Guarding Glove: An enchanted gauntlet which reduces damage taken from melee attacks but causes the user's bladder to fill a little faster than normal.

Weakness seems kind of less useful here, since our next enemy is likely one who has no melee skill already. Shield is what we're banking on but it requires us to not move soooo...we'll get there even slower I guess. None of these options seem super great for the next fight, but I think weakness might help us more in the long run since we seem to be investing in magic and not melee. So I guess...weakness?

Edit: Apparently shield is able to be brought up instantaneously so the part about not moving is completely meaningless. Lets go with that then. 

Edited by blooper (see edit history)

Also a brief explanation of magic in the omocommando universe:

There are two planes that are known to people: The physical plane and the mystical plane. Not much is known about the mystical plane, except that it is a realm of nigh infinite energy which certain individuals can channel and convert that energy into a version which manifests itself in the physical plane as fire, ice, or even kinetic energy. The applications of magic appear to be almost limitless, except that this conversion of energy requires a spiritual essence, which mages have come to call "mana", in order to use.

This essence, however, is limited in its supply. When the supply of mana is exhausted, the mage instead draws on their own physical energy as a supplement, resulting in fatigue even if the mage never even moved a muscle. A mage's overall mana supply can be extended through regular magic use and proper meditation, and a spell becomes more familiar to a mage, they will need less mana to cast said spell.

In the case of Arena Battles, however, simply increasing the magic stat will increase Minty's mana supply.

Think of it like having an MP (magic point) stat and an SP (stamina point) stat. Once the MP runs out, spells start taking from the players' SP.

I'd say we go for Weakness. Also, since we'll most likely need to grind against weaker opponents, will extra fights be avalible for training? Just so we don't have to kick the crap out of our new friend a few times. For example, Minty practicing against the commentators or something. I'm not to keen on making Minty a bully

If the casting of the shields spell is instantaneous, and you can move right after dispelling it, I'd go for the shield. Also, its usage is based on the amount of mana, correct? If it is, then you're essentially levels up to more uses as we add more EXP to the magic ability.

And so the Lightning spell is taken. Minty held out her hands, watching them crackle with electrical energy as she readied her new spell.

"Awesome!" she said. "I feel stronger already!"

Minty looked back at the computer screen. "Perhaps it's time to fight my next opponent then." The fighter roster had combatants separated into three groups: Minor tier, Major tier and World tier. It was difficult to make sense of it all. Could someone really just challenge anyone on the proverbial ladder?

Who should Minty fight next?

> Sammy

> Emma

> Rayna

> Leila

> Erika

> Natsumi

> Isabel

> Nikki

> Ask Aimee for some advice. (Aimee is recovering from her last fight and cannot be challenged at this time)

(side note: refer to opening post for stats of combatants)

Playing it safe, since the next tier battle combatant has the edge in magic, I'd say to ask Aimee for advice, since she IS your senpai... Jkjk, but seriously, better safe than sorry to know what you may be up against :). BTW, do we know who Aimee fought? That'd be interesting to know who she has intel on, and who she beat. :)