Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Welcome to the new OmoOrg!

8 hours ago, Beatrix said:

One thing I've noticed is that I keep getting a warning that the website isn't secure and it's a risk to my computer. IS there a way to get this fixed, or is it just a glitch?

I haven't gotten this on Mobile Safari (iOS 9.3.1), but I tried a different browser to troubleshoot another problem and received an SSL Certificate warning similar to those mentioned... I've also heard of others having issues with the site simply timing out universally. I'll try a couple more browsers and report back, but everything seems fine so far for my default mobile setup.

Also, I actually really like the new "light" theme on mobile.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A small thing I noticed: the "male" and "female" prefixes on topics used to have different colors, which made it easier to tell the difference at a glance. Currently they're both pink.

Get some sleep! And you have my thanks and admiration that you're willing to Go this far for us, for this amazing Forum. And if it helps; the New layout looks clean af imo ;)

I kind of miss the black background; and it feels like some stuff was lost. Definitely looks more organized though. I'll wait till we have a 100% transfer first though before I start spewing rhetoric.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Beatrix said:

One thing I've noticed is that I keep getting a warning that the website isn't secure and it's a risk to my computer. IS there a way to get this fixed, or is it just a glitch?

12 hours ago, Twadi said:

I'm not sure if this is the same error Beatrix was mentioning, but I'm using chrome on windows 10 and when I type in the url "omorashi.org" I get this response:

11 hours ago, juntaglom said:

Ditto what the other users have said, I'm on chrome and have been getting certificate errors.

For anyone else that experiences this issue, the alert can be easily bypassed by most browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Opera at least) by clicking the 'Advanced' or 'Further Details' option, there should be a link or button to continue anyway.

This should be resolved now. The non-HTTPS version of the site was incorrectly redirecting to the the www-version of the site, when it shouldn't have been. OmoOrg's SSL certificate is only signed for the non-www version of the domain, so it was producing a certificate error in response.

10 hours ago, Auto-Cons Rule said:

Um...where is the friends list?

Friends did not really serve a functional purpose and have been replaced with the Followers system, which does actually have a functional purpose.

10 hours ago, AdorableFluff said:

I keep getting emails, when i get notifications here, but i don't see an option to turn it off?

You can fully customize your notification preferences by clicking on your user link at the top of the page, going to My Preferences, then Notification Settings:
https://omorashi.org/notifications/options/

You can additionally control the preferences for everything you follow here:
https://omorashi.org/followed/

5 hours ago, GoingGreen said:

After reaching the limit, clicking on "download" on a page with multiple files brings up a notification that the limit is reached without listing the files. On the old site, the files get listed (but cannot be downloaded) even if the limit has already been reached.

I'll see about changing this.

11 hours ago, Justice said:

I just noticed, from the transition, the ability to "Download All" is missing, such as with this link https://omorashi.org/files/file/3572-recent-wetting-videos-from-tumblr-ii/

Nothing too worrying, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes, that was a custom feature on the old site. It'll be added back again here soon.

26 minutes ago, Night Rain said:

Something I noticed yesterday when I was reading this thread I heard the bing sound happen. When someone posted a new message here does that happen on every thread if someone posts something new?

Click on notifications and Notification Settings, it's under Notification Preferences. The sound will play whenever you get any notification.

20 minutes ago, nappypants said:

Is there a "recent posts" view, like we had on the old version?

I found the white on black wasn't the easiest to read on smaller screens, even though it was distinctive... so good to retain the option of one or the other I think.

If you look at the top right you can see a tab titled "Activity"

You can find all recent activity on the site, not just posts.

I had the same question earlier and thought about posting something but noticed that tab.

The white theme makes the site essentially unusable for me. Usually I would invert sites that are white, but this inverts the thumbnails and pictures on some websites.

It's like the site is designed for mobile only, it doesn't matter how wide your screen is, everything just gets cut off. Terrible.

I loved the design of the old theme. Why must everything good be infected by the new, bland, square, "lacking functionality" look of Windows 8. I love minimalism but this isn't the way to do it.

Edited by CBE (see edit history)
5 hours ago, Night Rain said:

Something I noticed yesterday when I was reading this thread I heard the bing sound happen. When someone posted a new message here does that happen on every thread if someone posts something new?

@Justice summed it up above, you can disable it in your notification settings. I honestly do think that sound is rather blaring myself though, I'm going to try and find something that's a little more subtle to replace it with.

5 hours ago, Spurgle said:

I've just noticed that signatures are now gone, are they coming back? 

But overall fantastic!!! 

Yes, though signatures are going to be cleared out before that happens and probably only enabled for Senior Members up. There are also going to be some new restrictions placed on signatures which will be detailed when that happens (mostly just limiting the maximum dimensions of images in signatures, so we don't have people trying to use ridiculously large images in their signatures anymore).

3 hours ago, CBE said:

It's like the site is designed for mobile only, it doesn't matter how wide your screen is, everything just gets cut off. Terrible.

I don't know what you mean by "everything just gets cut off", you're going to have to provide more information. Just saying it's "terrible" isn't constructive. Please include some screenshots demonstrating the issue at the very least.

The site is definitely not designed for mobile only. It's responsive web design, which almost every modern website utilizes today.

On 2016-05-05 at 0:55 PM, Kirito said:

That shouldn't be happening. What OS/browser are you using, and can you provide a screenshot demonstrating this?

I'm having this problem too. I'm not sure if this is how the homepage is supposed to look or not because when I click on any of the sub-boards everything is listed normally.

75uC9wul.png

I'm using Windows 10 and Cyberfox (based on Firefox).

Also, is there a reason this notification option is disabled?

TlEMyzJ.png

And lastly, is there a way to preview our posts to check the formatting before posting them like there was on the old forums? If there is, I'm not sure how to do it.

Hi,

So it's not like a huge issue, considering all the other important stuff that's happening to the site. But um in the Roleplaying realm in the corner there's a tab called 'sort by'. And you can choose how you see post in that forum. Due to the massive amounts of rps in that forum a day, I use the customization feature which has allowed me to only see the rps I replied in. And it helps out a lot. Okay, so digressing back to the issue, the customization is there, however the little check box that says 'save or always use this' is no longer there. And so now when I'm trying to reply to my rps, I've got to either go through the pages and search or customize every single time and it's gotten rather bothersome. Just wanna know what happened to that little box, but like I said no rush or anything.

Thanks!

Just a few things I wanted to ask, not that it matters but I was just curious. 

The little gender logo we used to have along with our names, will we be getting those back or are they gone for good?

mfl.png 

The 'Back To Top' button under the profile pictures and 'Go To Top' button at the bottom of the page really helped in moving back to the top without putting in the effort of scrolling all the way. Will we be getting those back?

screen-01.11.49[07.05.2016].png

There used to be a Reputation tab on the user profile which enabled the members to see the source of their reputation points, will that feature be available in the future?

jrp.png

The missing image under you name should be for your renowned badge, you can see the alternate text for it if you hover over it. I assume its only temporarily missing whilst Kirito is finishing something up.

I would second the question if we are getting back the Go to top button though, makes life much easier to get to the site navigation when your done on a topic :)

Also is there a brief explanation of how some of the features work in the new forum? For example I just spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to remove a quote from a post that I accidentally added before realizing you can control right click to do this.

Edited by jippy (see edit history)
5 hours ago, jippy said:

I would second the question if we are getting back the Go to top button though, makes life much easier to get to the site navigation when your done on a topic :)

On a PC, you can just tap the home key to go to the top. Still a good point on mobile devices, although on many, you can just do a fast swipe downwards to scroll to the top very fast.

2 hours ago, Night Rain said:

Am just wondering if anyone besides me are not getting email notifications if someone posts a PM message to you because so far I have missed out on two of them?

I've been getting PMs, so either your options are set incorrectly somewhere or something else is going on.

44 minutes ago, Justice said:

I've been getting PMs, so either your options are set incorrectly somewhere or something else is going on.

I've been getting PM's as well its just that little notification that get's  sent to your email.that I'm not getting. I do have things set to get those things I'm just not sure as to why its happening.

1 minute ago, Night Rain said:

I've been getting PM's as well its just that little notification that get's  sent to your email.that I'm not getting. I do have things set to get those things I'm just not sure as to why its happening.

Huh, then I don't know why, because I'm getting the emails...