Daniel and Amy

I have the whole story copy/pasted into a google doc. It crashed when I had copied over 600 pages in so it's in two parts. I'll keep adding to it as we go. I can't post the link since it's my personal google account with my full name, but should it get removed I'll send it to Barry.

Right now it's at over 1,200 full pages! Insane. It's kinda crashing my crappy laptop! I had to restart Chrome a couple times and wait for the pages to load in!

Edited by Pretzel

Barry, I was just about to congratulate you having finally caught up on the wonderful adventures of Dan, Amy and all their friends, and then I see your last message! Your writing is phenomenal and it would be terrible for it to be taken down. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that this story has probably captured a part of all of our growing up experiences. Certainly I have identified with a part of several of your characters, and it is wonderful to feel so understood. So I hope that whoever might feel this is in any way an exploitative or inappropriate tale understands that it is anything but! 

Noooooo! I really hope that you can continue this story. It means so much to me and hits so many points from my past that its not real. I have been touched by this to the point of tears many times and the thought of it being taken down makes me so sad. I am gonna have to go through the history and capture everything (something I was planning to do so I can take this fantastic story with me the next time I go to sea). I would be gutted beyond belief if this was lost. Surely the ones in charge can see what means to people. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, Barry said:

Hi everyone. 

Just a quick update. I’m really keen to continue this, but after what happened to @Piddly ‘s story being taken down, I have a sinking feeling that this will be next. 

The Homework story is a great, very innocent read, with nothing sexual or adult-content about it at all. 

Not like this. My characters are also underage, and as we know, they are doing things that Piddly’s characters haven’t even dreamed of yet. So it stands to reason that it’ll probably be removed at some point. 

As most of you know, I type all of this on my phone, so I have no back up copy at all. I really want to save it somehow before I lose it altogether. After all, it’s three years worth of work. I really want to back it up. 

If anybody has this story saved, I’d be eternally grateful if it could be emailed to me in a file? 

Rest assured, I’m dying to continue, but I also don’t want to drag anymore attention to it, especially if there are disgruntled members looking out for stories like this. 

I have many of the chapters saved, but unfortunately I'm a bit behind when I fell behind reading them. I'll try to grab the latest chapters and put them together with I already have. Sorry for the bad news and hope you can find another host for the story.

Hi Barry,

This is my absolute favorite story here. I read all of it from my cellphone but I will try to save it on my computer this weekend if I find some quiet time.

While I understand the perspective behind the strict policy, I hope that there will be some place to continue and publish this story (I have no idea but would selling it on the Kindle store be an option?).

Good luck for the future of this story (and others) and keep us updated. Remember that people posting positive comments are only the very tip of the iceberg of people actually enjoying it.

• Upvote 3

Sorry guys, it looks like this story is dead, at least on here for the moment. 

I have requested a backup copy, and I know a few loyal readers have one, so perhaps someone would be kind enough to send it to me in a Word Document? 

Im not particularly computer literate, but I have been messaged about the possibility of continuing it elsewhere, and I’m excited by that. 

Once I have it saved, and edited, I will look at doing this, and will let everyone know how and where to find it. 

In the meantime, I do fully intend to keep writing stories here, keeping within the clear guidelines that have been posted. I’ve actually started a new story now, and look forward to posting it shortly. 

Thanks again to all the loyal readers, I hope we can continue to enjoy this story again elsewhere soon! 

• Upvote 1

I have asked for some clarification. The rule states no preadolescent characters. Mine are adolescents, but underage. I don’t know if it makes a difference or not. 

Ill keep everyone posted. 

I have a backup copy now, so I may be able to continue in a different forum elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

Happy to hear you got a backup. Would love to see the story continued hear or elsewhere. 

Yes Berry please let us know where you'll be posting should you make the move to do so. I feel so invested in this story and these characters it's heartbreaking for it to just end. I'm glad someone sent you a copy as I was unsure of how to do so lol. Best of luck!