Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Need help with putting on baby diapers with too short tapes

Hello there. I'm Mato and I'm new here. 

I like wearing diapers. The more cuter they look, the more I like it. I bought a small pack of baby diapers, the biggest size I could find. Of course, they won't fit, since they're too small and not intended for adults. However, the babyish feel is awesome. It's very hard to put them on, because the velcro tapes aren't long enough. If you try hard enough, you can manage to connect the tape on one side, but the other one gets impossible to connect. The only way I can think of to wear the diapers is to have something like underwear to support it. But that's just not it... Does anyone have any ideas how can the tapes be extended? I tried cutting off the tapes from other diapers and combining them, but it couldn't hold the diaper.

If you have any ideas, please tell me! I'd appreciate it. ^^

Edited by Mato (see edit history)

Honestly, the best thing I can think of to do is to jerry-rig your "own" tapes by using packing tape or duct tape. (Packing tape is clear, so at least it will stick with your visual preferences.) However, be prepared to add some extra material underneath your body near the hips unless you want the packaging tape sticking to your own body as well.

Be aware, a baby diaper WILL NOT hold much liquid. Expect to leak - probably during the first wetting. 

Unless wearing the baby diaper is really important to you, consider moving into adult-designed diapers - Bambino, AB Universe, Rearz, DC Amor, and others make very hardcore baby prints. So much that it actually can be hard to find unbaby-ish diapers.

Honestly, the best thing I can think of to do is to jerry-rig your "own" tapes by using packing tape or duct tape. (Packing tape is clear, so at least it will stick with your visual preferences.) However, be prepared to add some extra material underneath your body near the hips unless you want the packaging tape sticking to your own body as well.

Be aware, a baby diaper WILL NOT hold much liquid. Expect to leak - probably during the first wetting. 

Unless wearing the baby diaper is really important to you, consider moving into adult-designed diapers - Bambino, AB Universe, Rearz, DC Amor, and others make very hardcore baby prints. So much that it actually can be hard to find unbaby-ish diapers.

I know that it won't hold a lot. I already tried wetting a few, and I think that they can hold about 500ml of liquid. 

I'm aware that there are a lot of ABDL diapers to buy. I tried some Tena pull-ups which have kid designs and still fit me - they are for kids that are about 10-14 years old. I also tried something from Bambino but I can't remember what it was. But... It just didn't have the feel of real baby diapers. I considered getting Crinklz, but they're hard to get them where I live. I want it to be as discreet as possible, which isn't possible with buying diapers online. So... Baby diapers are the easiest choice.

Thanks for your tip! I'll try it and tell you how it went. 

I aslo came up with an idea - instead of sticking the tape on my waist, I can just stick the upper half of duct tape to the lower half and connect it to the diaper with another piece of tape. Do you think that'll work? 

I know that it won't hold a lot. I already tried wetting a few, and I think that they can hold about 500ml of liquid. 

I'm aware that there are a lot of ABDL diapers to buy. I tried some Tena pull-ups which have kid designs and still fit me - they are for kids that are about 10-14 years old. I also tried something from Bambino but I can't remember what it was. But... It just didn't have the feel of real baby diapers. I considered getting Crinklz, but they're hard to get them where I live. I want it to be as discreet as possible, which isn't possible with buying diapers online. So... Baby diapers are the easiest choice.

Thanks for your tip! I'll try it and tell you how it went. 

I aslo came up with an idea - instead of sticking the tape on my waist, I can just stick the upper half of duct tape to the lower half and connect it to the diaper with another piece of tape. Do you think that'll work? 

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking or suggesting.

However, while thinking about what you were suggesting, I came up with another idea. Instead of just taping from one side of the diaper to the other, you could "make" your own tabs. Take a large strand of tape, and stick one end of the tape onto the underside of the diaper where the current tab is located. Roll it out to the length of the diaper tab you want, then fold it back in on itself to stick to the front-side of the diaper. Essentially, you'd have made a really large tab for the diaper with neither side of the tape being sticky because the sticky side is folded in on itself.

You could repeat that with all four tabs (do baby diapers have four?), and then use another piece of tape to "connect' your new tabs.

I'm unsure how large of body you are, but Goodnites XL-size tend to fit some very slim adults, but they're a pull-up. They do have kid designs, though

Best of luck with it.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking or suggesting.

However, while thinking about what you were suggesting, I came up with another idea. Instead of just taping from one side of the diaper to the other, you could "make" your own tabs. Take a large strand of tape, and stick one end of the tape onto the underside of the diaper where the current tab is located. Roll it out to the length of the diaper tab you want, then fold it back in on itself to stick to the front-side of the diaper. Essentially, you'd have made a really large tab for the diaper with neither side of the tape being sticky because the sticky side is folded in on itself.

You could repeat that with all four tabs (do baby diapers have four?), and then use another piece of tape to "connect' your new tabs.

I'm unsure how large of body you are, but Goodnites XL-size tend to fit some very slim adults, but they're a pull-up. They do have kid designs, though

Best of luck with it.

Hm... I'm not really sure if I get what you meant in the first paragraph, since English is not my primary language and I don't understand everything ^^;

Baby diapers actually have just two tapes - one on each side. The tabs on the baby diapers I have are white, but they have a blue plastic ending with a zigzagy edge.

I'd also like to apologize... I was using "tapes" instead of "tabs".

I'm one who prefers baby diapers as well, and in my experince, if you're going to wind up using extenders, what you want to do is buy the Huggies Slip-ons. The sides have Velcro-style "tabs/tapes" in the middle where they sit on your hip, and you can remove the sides from one diaper, stick them togetherp, and you have a perfect extender. The best part is, since the sides are the same on pull-ups and little swimmers, you can do it with them as well, and the extenders will work with any of them.

I'll probably edit this post with pictures at some point because it's a simple process but hard to explain, but for now, I'll illustrate with brackets.

So, they come out of the package and are meant to be work like so; [] with the brackets representing either side. What you do is remove the sides from a donor diaper, and stick the non-Velcro sides together (I reccomend hot glue or sewing them, I've done both) like so; ][, and then stick the extender in the diaper to be worn so it looks like this; [][]

Edited by Funny Pseudonym (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm one who prefers baby diapers as well, and in my experince, if you're going to wind up using extenders, what you want to do is buy the Huggies Slip-ons. The sides have Velcro-style "tabs/tapes" in the middle where they sit on your hip, and you can remove the sides from one diaper, stick them togetherp, and you have a perfect extender. The best part is, since the sides are the same on pull-ups and little swimmers, you can do it with them as well, and the extenders will work with any of them.

I'll probably edit this post with pictures at some point because it's a simple process but hard to explain, but for now, I'll illustrate with brackets.

So, they come out of the package and are meant to be work like so; [] with the brackets representing either side. What you do is remove the sides from a donor diaper, and stick the non-Velcro sides together (I reccomend hot glue or sewing them, I've done both) like so; ][, and then stick the extender in the diaper to be worn so it looks like this; [][]

Thank you, but... I don't really get it ^^;

I hope you post some images.