Police Brutality- Real Problem or Diversion-

Ok then, what about Eric Garner?  He was strangled to death for what?  Selling fucking cigarettes?  If he was white, there's no way that cop would've killed him in cold blood like that.

People said the same thing about up and coming college football running back Ron Settles back in the early 80s, he drove through Signal Hill California, got pulled over for no good reason and sent to jail, then the cops claimed he hung himself, then his family hired Johnnie Cochran, who got Michael Baden to do an autopsy on Ron, and according to him there was no way that Ron had hung himself(this was backed up by inmates at the jail who mentioned that they were regularly beaten by the guards).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Settles

There's also the case of Sean Bell(and police tried to delete the entry from Wikipedia in addition to also altering the details of the page about Eric Garner)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Bell_shooting_incident

(citation needed)

Hi Vexer,

Eric Garner was selling unlicensed cigarettes, and resisted arrest. He had 30 prior arrests. I've seen the video, police were trying to restrain him because he was resisting. Activists and pundits have claimed the chokehold, but I have not heard a official call it that.

Attitudes and police accountability has changed since the 1980s. Those incidents are striking, but they don't identify a widespread pattern of brutality or racism.

If you want pure police murder, read up on the murders of the Civil Rights workers in Philadelphia, Mississippi.

Ok, I'm throwing my hat into this messed up ring.

I'll admit, I'm bias, I'm a teenager who hates the idea of being told what to do. HOWEVER, Thinking logically, when you give a group of people more power than another, some will take advantage. maybe not a large amount, but then again, the Stalin was only one man with more power than others, look how that ended up: 20 million dead. 

I'm not saying I hate the cops. I hate the idea that they have more authority than other people. I've heard of police brutality and how the police can get away will murder, and have, many times. I remember a story where a cop was arrested for shooting someone who ran from him. The man who ran was only in trouble because he wasn't paying child support. For this the cop shot him in the back. If he had turned around the cop probably would have gone free. "I thought he was going to attack me by pulling out a gun." 

This is what happens when you make a group more powerful than another, they abuse their power, they think they're better, they think they can get away with anything just because they uphold the law. The cops need to learn that, at the end of the day, only one thing matters, above any law: We all bleed the same, they're nothing special.

Police know that. They are trained in upholding and following the law. Check the State of Connecticut's website. There is a list of decertified officers who have been arrested for breaking the law.

Police know that. They are trained in upholding and following the law. Check the State of Connecticut's website. There is a list of decertified officers who have been arrested for breaking the law.

Not all of them apparently. Either that or they don't care. Check that list once a month or so, it'll keep getting longer, I'm sure of that. 

Hi Vexer,

Eric Garner was selling unlicensed cigarettes, and resisted arrest. He had 30 prior arrests. I've seen the video, police were trying to restrain him because he was resisting. Activists and pundits have claimed the chokehold, but I have not heard a official call it that.

Attitudes and police accountability has changed since the 1980s. Those incidents are striking, but they don't identify a widespread pattern of brutality or racism.

If you want pure police murder, read up on the murders of the Civil Rights workers in Philadelphia, Mississippi.

Even if that was illegal,  the officer should not have tried to use a chokehold on him(which is very much illegal for cops to do).  Also what about John Crawford? a man who got shot to death for holding a fucking toy BB Gun in a store, even though lots of times white men carry guns openly and cops don't do a goddamn thing to stop them(this was in states where open carrying of weapons is illegal mind you).

Edited by vexer6

Here are just a few examples from the last two years of black people being killed by police officers who were never held accountable:

Eric Garner, a man who was choked to death for selling untaxed cigarettes. None of the officers involved were indicted.

Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old boy whose BB gun was mistaken for a real gun by the eyewitness who called the police. The officers involved were never charged.

John Crawford III, a man who was shot and killed in a Wal-Mart for carrying a BB gun that he picked up from the store shelves. None of the officers involved were indicted.

Michael Brown, an 18- year-old boy suspected of shoplifting who was shot and killed while unarmed. The officer who killed him was not charged.

Also, do not say that this isn't about race when there is clear evidence of systemic racism in America's police force:

"Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years..."

"Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater..."

"...the Justice Department concluded that the Ferguson Police Department had been routinely violating the constitutional rights of its black residents."

"Blacks remain far more likely than whites to be arrested for selling drugs (3.6 times more likely) or possessing drugs (2.5 times more likely)…Even Though Whites Are Equally Likely to Sell and Use Drugs"

"Nearly 40% of those executed since 1976 have been black, even though blacks constitute only 12% of the population. And in almost every death penalty case, the race of the victim is white. Last year alone, 89% of the death sentences carried out involved white victims, even though 50% of the homicides in this country have black victims."

Well said, let's also not forget the alarming number of police officers who have turned out to be members of the KKK.

The UK and countries outside the US have always had a lower firearm possession rate than the US. They are EVERYWHERE here. An attempt to disarm the populace would require the activation of military forces, systematic and forceful (and illegal/unconstitutional) searches of every home and dwelling in the US, and would do nothing to combat the illegal firearms in circulation. It would also be a catastrophic failure and would basically destabilize the US Government's ability to regulate the populace based on a massive loss of civic trust. Any working model for gun control in the US MUST acknowledge that guns will be present in the populace, legal or otherwise.

"yankees" and their guns :) ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_buyback_program It worked in Australia.

I'm going oftopic with the gun control discussion, we can always make a new topic about that subject. I think this brutality we are talking about, has something to do with the demographic and social situation. The poverty rates in the states are enormous for a '1 world western country'. Not meaning to judge, but the social acceptable standards are just way lower than in many other Western nations. 1% of the US population is currently incarcerated, it really is a shocking number. We all know jail doesn't make you a better citizen. I think you can't compare the avarage US population with the avarage Western Euro population. Policing those societies is completely different and demands a different approach. But the most important aspect of preventing power abuse by any man or women in power is monitoring and accountability for their actions.    

Still, I believe that a percentage that is over 99% of all people who join the police force in a Westen nation, do so because they want to make a positive contribution to society and want to aid those in need.

While race-based inequality of sentencing, and prison guard brutality seem to be major problems, I'm not sure they are relevant to a discussion of police brutality and whether or not police officers are guilty of systematic racial profiling.

Also, just because Connecticut routinely strips law enforcement agents of their badges doesn't mean they have adequate training and certification programs, that they do an adequate job of screening applicants, or even that they do an adequate job of catching and disciplining bad cops, and even if Connecticut does an adequate job at all those things, that doesn't excuse any failings in the other 49 states, any of the various non-state US Territories, or among the Federal government regarding federal agents, or even outside the US, though this discussion has focused almost exclusively on the US.

Also, being a law-abiding cop doesn't automatically make you a good cop, nor does breaking the law automatically make you a bad cop. A cop who takes joy in harassing drug users and goes out of their way to arrest as many harmless users as they can while avoiding anything dangerous might be working completely within the law, but I wouldn't call them a good cop by any measure. On the other hand, a cop who completely ignores drug users in favor of keeping an eye out for muggers and has a record of arresting perps without anyone involved needing medical attention is probably breaking the law by ignoring those drug users, but I'd call him a credit to the force. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the cops who are willing to go "screw the rules, I'm doing what's right" are more likely to be punished

than cops who are all "I'm totally abusing my authority, but I'm doing so within the law".

As for the subject on Gun Control, I'll agree an outright ban probably wouldn't work in the US and would only further increase the number of innocent people thrown in prison for refusing to comply with unreasonable government mandates. That said, as I understand it, Switzerland has the second highest guns per 100 citizens(40-some compared to the 100+ of the US) of any developed nation, yet they have a significantly lower rate of gun crime that can't be entirely accounted for by the lower number of guns. So what is different about Swiss Gun culture that leads to a low incidence of gun crime despite having lots of guns, and what can the US do to shift American Gun Culture to emulate the positives of Swiss gun culture?

Edited by Jeffery Mewtamer

Here are just a few examples from the last two years of black people being killed by police officers who were never held accountable:

Eric Garner, a man who was choked to death for selling untaxed cigarettes. None of the officers involved were indicted.

Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old boy whose BB gun was mistaken for a real gun by the eyewitness who called the police. The officers involved were never charged.

John Crawford III, a man who was shot and killed in a Wal-Mart for carrying a BB gun that he picked up from the store shelves. None of the officers involved were indicted.

Michael Brown, an 18- year-old boy suspected of shoplifting who was shot and killed while unarmed. The officer who killed him was not charged.

Also, do not say that this isn't about race when there is clear evidence of systemic racism in America's police force:

"Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years..."

"Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater..."

"...the Justice Department concluded that the Ferguson Police Department had been routinely violating the constitutional rights of its black residents."

"Blacks remain far more likely than whites to be arrested for selling drugs (3.6 times more likely) or possessing drugs (2.5 times more likely)…Even Though Whites Are Equally Likely to Sell and Use Drugs"

"Nearly 40% of those executed since 1976 have been black, even though blacks constitute only 12% of the population. And in almost every death penalty case, the race of the victim is white. Last year alone, 89% of the death sentences carried out involved white victims, even though 50% of the homicides in this country have black victims."

Of the cases you mentioned, the only unjustified case was of Eric Garner. Although, he was a criminal with a history of being a nuisance, his treatment by police was overly aggressive and unwarranted. However, it was not related to race. The arrest was overly aggressive because the officer lost his temper at somebody who chronically behaved inappropriately according to the law.

Most of the other cases all involved the possession of a weapon, which you said yourself was a bb gun. 

The Michael Brown case was more than a suspicion of shoplifting, it was also an investigation of assault and battery. Remember, he beat up the store owner after shoplifting and carelessly walking out of the store. 

Regardless, there is no reflection of race being a motive in any of these cases. How do you constantly assert race without evidence in these cases pertaining to race?

All of these listed cases were or are being evaluated by a grand jury. Nobody on this forum has the education, information, or authority more than the grand jury to make a judgement contrary to their decision. In the Michael Brown shooting case, people even lied to a grand jury under oath in a vindictive attempt to crucify a police officer. They were all held accountable, just like any OIS, and this evidence renders your statement false. What you are doing is no better, and people like me will happily shoot holes in whatever fallacies you formulate to attempt to undermine the police. Stop parroting what your BLM facebook groups tell you to say and try doing some original research so I don't have to tell you to.

Well said, let's also not forget the alarming number of police officers who have turned out to be members of the KKK.

You're still making vague unverifiable shit up out of thin air and the KKK is made up of people from all around the US in just about any profession. I could say people like you are members of the KKK and you'd be about as able to prove me wrong as I would be you to this sort of open-ended nonsense. They're pretty readily ousted when it's uncovered, just like anyone else found to be unfit for duty. The Police Officer's Code of Ethics even states, "I will keep my private life unsullied as an example for all;". There are bad eggs in every single organization - from this very forum all the way to the highest echelons of the government. It is up to you to do your part in your community and ensure these sorts of things are properly brought to the attention of governing authorities. Instead of making vague, emptyheaded arguments, as you are frequently known to do here, how's about you put your money where your mouth is - why not report all of these supposed KKK members? Surely if your argument holds water, you'll be able to leverage some action.

No?

I thought not. I do look forward to your next vapid reply, though.

It's not "vague unverifiable shit" at all, sounds like you're the one who's pulling things out of thin air.

The FBI themselves warned about this many years ago, but of course departments were too blind to reason to listen, i'd love to hear you try and whitewash over this. http://thegrio.com/2015/05/12/fbi-white-supremacists-law-enforcement/

Maybe you're the one who needs to "original research" and not everyone else.

Edited by vexer6

So what is different about Swiss Gun culture that leads to a low incidence of gun crime despite having lots of guns, and what can the US do to shift American Gun Culture to emulate the positives of Swiss gun culture?

High social standards, decent education, fair opportunity and chances for all to name a few. Swiss gun possession is so high because because they have a system of compulsory military service. After their service time, the Swiss are expected to store their weapon and equipment at home. So all have recieved some level of military training. Compare this to the US where thousands of peolpe who are on a 'no-fly' list can stil legally buy a firearm.....

Sorry went oftopic again :)

@Vexer6, @FallingDusk and @ThreeCats Thank you! mother.fucking. thank you!!! Y'all took the words right out of my mind...probalby more respectful than what I could ever say.

And May I add something. Police brutality is hardly a diversion. it's a real problem that's need to be adressed as well as racism in the U.S. (I'm not sure how it's like in the other countries). People need to stop blaming victims of police brutality and start holding the police accountable instead. Are some people really saying that selling cigarrettes on the street, having an attitude or having a broken tail light is a license to kill?

I also love how some people on here are saying "But eric garner was selling cigarrettes on the street" okay, so did it mean he deserved to get lynched?

Hell, dylan roof shot up a church and killed 9 black members of the organization..and the police brought him back in one piece.

People believed Sandra bland committed suicide...Okay...please tell me..How would she hang herself when Sandra was 6ft and the platform was 5ft? Let me add the fact there was a trash can in her cell. as far as I know. trash cans aren't suppose or allowed to be in a cell. And her mugshot picture...She looked lifeless.

I don't care what anyone says. These deaths were because of their skin color. They (the police) wanted to have a reason to kill those victims. Don't tell me "it's not about race" When it is! It's as clear as day.

Edited by Azula

@Vexer6 and @FallingDusk Thank you! mother.fucking. thank you!!! Y'all took the words right out of my mind...probalby more respectful than what I could ever say.

And May I add something. Police brutality is hardly a diversion. it's a real problem that's need to be adressed as well as racism in the U.S. (I'm not sure how it's like in the other countries). People need to stop blaming victims of police brutality and start holding the police accountable instead. Are some people really saying that selling cigarrettes on the street, having an attitude or having a broken tail light is a license to kill?

I also love how some people on here are saying "But eric garner was selling cigarrettes on the street" okay, so did it mean he deserved to get lynched?

Hell, dylan roof shot up a church and killed 9 black members of the organization..and the police brought him back in one piece.

People believed Sandra bland committed suicide...Okay...please tell me..How would she hang herself when Sandra was 6ft and the platform was 5ft? Let me add the fact there was a trash can in her cell. as far as I know. trash cans aren't suppose or allowed to be in a cell. And her mugshot picture...She looked lifeless.

I don't care what anyone says. These deaths were because of their skin color. They (the police) wanted to have a reason to kill those victims. Don't tell me "it's not about race" When it is! It's as clear as day.

I was one of the posters that stated Eric Garner was selling unlicensed cigarettes on the street, an offense that he was arrested for multiple times prior. He decided to resist arrest, to play street lawyer. The officer who put him in a chokehold (have read some more about the case, so I'll eat my earlier words in this thread) did exercise poor judgement in his methods, but to say it was murder is incorrect. 

This article, written by a criminal defense and civil rights lawyer, explains it better: http://www.nhregister.com/opinion/20141204/norm-pattis-eric-garner-decision-right-call

I don't know what happened when Dylan Roof was arrested. If he complied and showed his hands when the cop told him to freeze, then they would arrest him. If he made sudden movements and went for a gun, then they would have shot him. No traffic stop is routine, and there is always the danger of the person pulled over pulling out a gun and shooting the cop. It's happened many times in U.S. Law Enforcement history. 

I don't know enough of the Sandra Bland case beyond what I wrote earlier. The fact that she died in custody is bad, and means somebody screwed and should be disciplined, but the theory of murder so far is just a theory. 

If you want a clear first-degree murder involving police, I'm providing a link to a set of killings back in the 1960's. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/freedomsummer-murder/

The incident in Charleston also brought second-degree murder charges against the cop. 

I disagree with the use of the word 'lynching' to describe what happened. I've read a bit on the lynchings that occurred in Reconstruction era America and the second rise of the Ku Klux Klan. Eric Garner's case isn't that. 

The US will always have conflicts between different racial groups. That is a downside of living in a diverse community, the melting pot the country's been described as. There are bad police officers, there are racist police officers out there. When you recruit from the human race, you get human problems. That's why when cops break the law, they are arrested, stripped of their power, and sent to jail. 

Not all of them apparently. Either that or they don't care. Check that list once a month or so, it'll keep getting longer, I'm sure of that. 

Will have to disagree with you on that. I have family that served in law enforcement, my grandfather, and my brother who wants to serve and is trying to become a cop. The only thing my grandfather hated more that criminals were dirty cops. He dealt with a few in his career; the vast majority of cops though did their jobs and helped protect the public. 

I'm sure the list will get longer, it's only logical as time goes on. If there were bad cops in the past, there will be more in the future. Compare that number to how many serve in the state, and they are very much in the minority. 

If you want to see what it's like for cops, I'd recommend a ride along, if that's allowed in the UK.

I was one of the posters that stated Eric Garner was selling unlicensed cigarettes on the street, an offense that he was arrested for multiple times prior. He decided to resist arrest, to play street lawyer. The officer who put him in a chokehold (have read some more about the case, so I'll eat my earlier words in this thread) did exercise poor judgement in his methods, but to say it was murder is incorrect. 

I stopped reading at the bolded. :dry:  And I already know that you're prbably going to be one of those people who don't understand where I'm coming from nor if i were to try to explain it.So ther is no point in me trying.  Y'all can call it whatever you like, cover it up, whatever. but I'm calling it like i see it: It was murder. point blank period. Don't let those blue suits fool you. And justice wasn't served in majority of those victims cases.

I stopped reading at the bolded. :dry:  And I already know that you're prbably going to be one of those people who don't understand where I'm coming from nor if i were to try to explain it.So ther is no point in me trying.  Y'all can call it whatever you like, cover it up, whatever. but I'm calling it like i see it: It was murder. point blank period. Don't let those blue suits fool you. And justice wasn't served in majority of those victims cases.

Thanks for not reading the whole post or the articles I posted which explained my opinion. Thanks for generalizing; I try to state my opinion and you make assumptions about me. I'm glad to hear you lump all Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) into one group without seeing any nuance or irony. Thanks for adopting a "Us vs. Them" mentality which kills any chance for discussion and seeing both sides. I disagreed, but tried to be civil and show my point of view. I guess that was an exercise in futility.

My grandfather worked with a lot of good cops that protected the public and make the community they served in safer. I'm glad to see that justice was never served for the majority of them. 

Good day. 

Thanks for not reading the whole post or the articles I posted which explained my opinion. Thanks for generalizing; I try to state my opinion and you make assumptions about me. I'm glad to hear you lump all Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) into one group without seeing any nuance or irony. Thanks for adopting a "Us vs. Them" mentality which kills any chance for discussion and seeing both sides. I disagreed, but tried to be civil and show my point of view. I guess that was an exercise in futility.

My grandfather worked with a lot of good cops that protected the public and make the community they served in safer. I'm glad to see that justice was never served for the majority of them. 

Good day. 

I admit i generalized. But so do most people. And how can I not lump all the police? The statistics, the news, the fact that innocent people are being murdered by the police . The fact that black people and others died by police hands because of racism, racial profiling. I can go on and on...How can I not lump the majority in one? Are there good police? yes. But I can't say I trust them and I'm sure some other people can relate and feel the same way I do.

Yes, i didn't bother to read anymore after the bolded. what for? You basically tried to excuse the police by saying "to say it was murder was incorrect" What was it then? So I wasn't going to get myself more upset and read anymore than I needed to.

it is "Us vs them" in the real world. Again, they. are. killing innocent people. or they're trying to find a reason to anyway. And the majority of the victims don't get justice. you know what darren wilson and the others recieved? a paid leave. He literrally took a black boy's life and got paid for it. like i said. if all this what I'm saying don't open your eyes or see what I see. Then I don't think there's nothing for me left to say. The discussion was over before it even began.

@the bolded: before I jump to anymore conclusions. Are you talking about the victims of police brutality or are you talking about real criminals - You know, the ones that actually go out of their way to harm people?

I admit i generalized. But so do most people. And how can I not lump all the police? The statistics, the news, the fact that innocent people are being murdered by the police . The fact that black people and others died by police hands because of racism, racial profiling. I can go on and on...How can I not lump the majority in one? Are there good police? yes. But I can't say I trust them and I'm sure some other people can relate and feel the same way I do.

Yes, i didn't bother to read anymore after the bolded. what for? You basically tried to excuse the police by saying "to say it was murder was incorrect" What was it then? So I wasn't going to get myself more upset and read anymore than I needed to.

it is "Us vs them" in the real world. Again, they. are. killing innocent people. or they're trying to find a reason to anyway. And the majority of the victims don't get justice. you know what darren wilson and the others recieved? a paid leave. He literrally took a black boy's life and got paid for it. like i said. if all this what I'm saying don't open your eyes or see what I see. Then I don't think there's nothing for me left to say. The discussion was over before it even began.

@the bolded: before I jump to anymore conclusions. Are you talking about the victims of police brutality or are you talking about real criminals - You know, the ones that actually go out of their way to harm people?

I wonder then what you as a black woman have to say about black police officers? Or better yet black female police officers, or any other types of minority police? Do you think they are all suddenly good, or they are also the enemy?

I wonder then what you as a black woman have to say about black police officers? Or better yet black female police officers, or any other types of minority police? Do you think they are all suddenly good, or they are also the enemy?

I don't think they're good also. If you want my honest opinion. But at least some of them can somewhat...understand what I'm talking about or going through.

Well...I cooled down a little. I admit I wrote that post when my temper was up. For that I am sorry, I let my emotions get the better of me when I should have been constructive in my response. I am disheartened about the trust issue. I support law enforcement, and while I want the highest of police accountability I firmly believe that LEO's serve a good purpose. It's a career and calling my brother wants to join, and I support him for that. To hear about lack of trust...well it hits me in the gut that ties between the police and the public are that strained in the US. 

I will say about my "murder" point...it was homicide. The actions of the cops involved in the arrest did lead to Eric Garner's death. But...calling it murder? As in pre-meditation? I can't say I agree with that. I have to say the same for Darren Wilson. Yes, he did kill Michael Brown by shooting him...but if the Department of Justice believed that he murdered Brown, wouldn't they have charged him?

For my last comment that you bolded, I was directing it at victims of criminals. I wrote it in sarcasm, as I was pretty steamed and believed your earlier comment was directed at that. I heard some stories of police brutality from my grandfather...including one where the cop beat his wife. It happens, and it angers me that it does. But...it's extremely difficult to be a cop, and Officer Involved Shootings are complicated. 

I'll leave it at...it's the best I can do. 

I think it's safe to say that corruption and racism are a bigger problem than police brutality itself. It is what would cause it, anyway, as well as many other problems in the world. It exists in many groups. There are good and bad individuals in every group. I don't look at a group as a whole and say there's a problem with that group, I look at the individuals within that group and say there's a problem with those individuals.

I don't think either of them are going away anytime soon.

But what do I know, I'm just a face.

Of the cases you mentioned, the only unjustified case was of Eric Garner. Although, he was a criminal with a history of being a nuisance, his treatment by police was overly aggressive and unwarranted. However, it was not related to race. The arrest was overly aggressive because the officer lost his temper at somebody who chronically behaved inappropriately according to the law.

Most of the other cases all involved the possession of a weapon, which you said yourself was a bb gun. 

The Michael Brown case was more than a suspicion of shoplifting, it was also an investigation of assault and battery. Remember, he beat up the store owner after shoplifting and carelessly walking out of the store. 

Regardless, there is no reflection of race being a motive in any of these cases. How do you constantly assert race without evidence in these cases pertaining to race?

Seeing someone carry a BB gun is enough of a reason to shoot them? If you watch the surveillance footage for both of those cases, you can clearly see that the officers were too quick to shoot and did not give themselves enough time to assess whether there was any actual threat. It's also noteworthy to point out that in both of those cases the officers were caught lying about the events.

All of these listed cases were or are being evaluated by a grand jury. Nobody on this forum has the education, information, or authority more than the grand jury to make a judgement contrary to their decision. In the Michael Brown shooting case, people even lied to a grand jury under oath in a vindictive attempt to crucify a police officer. They were all held accountable, just like any OIS, and this evidence renders your statement false. What you are doing is no better, and people like me will happily shoot holes in whatever fallacies you formulate to attempt to undermine the police. Stop parroting what your BLM facebook groups tell you to say and try doing some original research so I don't have to tell you to.

Watch the footage of Garner, Rice, and Crawford's deaths and tell me that they were justified. Saying that the cops were acquitted by a grand jury doesn't prove anything. It's not like a jury is infallible.

I don't need to lie to undermine the police when the other links I posted already prove that they discriminate against black people.