Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Cat Chaser Conspiracy - 90's punkband dedicated to wetting

This is the story of one of their gigs, taken from the long-dead patches page I linked. Thought this would be good enough for posting here, and for the sake of salvaging it in case something happens to the archived site.

Wet fetish band from Hell!

With the recent publicity and tour of the RockBitch band in the spring of 1997, we felt it was time to share some of the info we have about Cat Chaser. The following article appeared in issue 15 of Wet Set Magazine and we have added to and rearranged some of the pics which were used in that article. The Wet Set Magazine article is reprinted with the kind permission of the publisher of Wet Set.

A new band is emerging from the underground scene in Toronto, Canada - totally uninhibited, and eager to break even the most basic taboos. Based on their ideas of Discordianism and "feminine anarchy", they may just have found the ultimate way to shock the establishment!

Cat Chaser Karla is a dedicated Cat Chaser fan, and goes to every gig. She has always enjoyed breaking the rules, and now that can include maybe the first one she ever learned. Recently she introduced her friend Jade to the new scene.

"Cat Chaser is the wildest band I have ever seen. Through the week all I can think about is Saturday night. It's like great music and total freedom from everything. I always wear my 'baby doll' stuff because it makes me feel just right when I finally let myself go - and I do mean 'let go'!"

Cat Chaser It's Saturday night, and Karla is meeting her girlfriend at a bar near to where the band is playing. Since Jade is new to this scene, she is dressed in a regular pair of faded blue jeans. Even though Karla has told her all about it, she still isn't quite sure what to expect. The idea excites her though, and she knows she wants to do it.

The girls talk and drink a few beers before heading off. Jade instinctively heads for the bathroom, but a tug on her arm and a smile from Karla reminds her where they're going.

Cat Chaser Once inside, the atmosphere is dark and mystic. The band has just finished setting up, and the flickering light from candles on stage reflects eerily off the mic stands and drums. Karla immediately embraces the mood, and a wicked smile crosses her lips. The ambience is total Gothic, Vampyric... Satanic!

Jade looks anxiously at her friend, but it's clear she is no longer the same person - Karla has become a child of Eris, the Goddess of Chaos, the wetty Goddess!

Cat Chaser She still feels a bit uneasy as they make their way through the crowd to the bar. Around them in the darkness guys are dressed in black leather, but the girls seem more like the submissive and willing prey of some gothic Vampyre.

Even Karla is wearing a white frilly crinoline dress with pink satin underskirt, an outer layer of see through chiffon, and little girl shoes. Her socks, like her panties are decorated with lace and frills. She could almost be 5 years old - but for the studded leather wrist bands and collar!

With drinks in hand they push their way back through the crowd towards the stage. Jade is aware of the fullness in her bladder, but does her best to ignore it. Karla has told her not to think about it, and to wait until the time feels right. She realises she has already come too far to turn back, and despite some residual fear is determined to go through with it. And besides, Karla has assured her she won't be the only one!

Cat Chaser Then suddenly the lights go on. The drummer yells 1,2,3,4 and the band goes straight into their first song - Political Passion. The singer's scream almost drowns out the instruments - it's Gothic ambience to the max! The music is loud and demonic, and the lyrics urge the faithful to renounce virtually every rule they have ever learnt.

Caught up in the mood, the two girls are soon dancing with total abandonment. The singer is reaching out to all the females in the audience to defy what they've always been told, and to surrender themselves to total freedom. Karla is completely under her spell, and listens to every word. She knows them all of course, but is waiting for her favorite song.

Cat Chaser Several songs into the set Jade becomes aware that every now and then, girls in the audience will stop dancing and stand perfectly still while staring at the stage. Although it's hard to see in the darkness, she knows exactly what they're doing, and is strangely aroused and excited by it.

Just as she starts to think about her own urgent need, her attention is drawn to the singer, who is asking the girls in the audience if anyone has wet her pants tonight! The crowd roars, and a young baby doll figure is pushed by her friends through to the stage. Bob is quick with the lighting, and as the singer helps her up, the glistening wet stains on her dress are obvious to all.

Cat Chaser She is clearly embarrassed, but somehow revels in the attention. It's not clear what she whispers into the mic, but in response to the whistles from the crowd, she pulls up her dress to display her wet panties before sliding back down to the dance floor.

The singer tells all the girls that it's OK to wet yourself - so DO IT! Then she announces that the next song is Emotional Pee.

Cat Chaser Jade can feel Karla tugging on her arm, and she realises the time has come. She gazes up at the stage, mesmerised by the lights, and concentrates on the words of the song. Then just as Lissa leads into the chorus, a beautiful warm feeling starts to spread out from between her legs and down her thighs. Inspiration comes from the lead singer and bass player, both of whom are doing the same thing.

Karla too is completely under the spell, and helpless to stop herself - not that she would want to! The look on her face is one of pure ecstasy, as eyes closed, and gently moving to the music, she gives herself up to Eris, and begins to wet her pants.

Cat Chaser Bob swings the spotlight around the crowd, and it's clear to all that about 80% of the girls are wet, including the two female members of the band. Jade can't believe what she has done, and for a brief second wonders how she is going to get home. But the sensuality of the experience is well worth the embarrassment, and without a doubt she has become a new convert to Cat Chaser - the wet fetish band from Hell!

Edited by FinnishBoy (see edit history)

Did this band actually exist?

In 1998 I was a teenager.  Me, and my sort of girlfriend at the time, decided to take a train trip to Seattle by ourselves and explore the big city.

Having spent a good amount of time on the old Wetset message board, I was quite familiar with Cat Chaser.  My sort-of girlfriend was very into punk rock and grunge, so when I told her I wanted to check out this Seattle band she was all for it.  Finding show information on their website, we timed our trip to Seattle to try and see them.

We showed up where there show was supposed to be, but nothing.  No one knew there was a show that was supposed to be going on, no one else was there to see them.  We checked their website and made sure we had all the correct information, but no one showed up.

A few years later I found myself in Seattle again.  And again, my visit seemed to correspond to a supposed Cat Chaser Concert.  We went to the venue, but there was some other artist playing that night.  No one there had heard of Cat Chaser.

All I ever found of them was online stories, many of which seemed almost too good to be true.  The attempts I made to actually go see their shows were met with failure.  I may have just got really unlucky, but I also wonder if this band actually existed, or was some fantasy invention of the early nineties internet that simply pretended to be real.

A certain way to find out is probably to order a physical CD from that website and see how every article ties up to it. I mean, why would any music lover here pass on a track titled "Emotional Pee"

Of course by all means we can assume the venue dates were mixed up (there's problems with that even now sometimes, even ticketmaster) and that somehow they managed to tell everyone, assuming their fans were not many and would most likely be close acquaintances. But my curiosity refuses to accept that~

It would also help to know how small local shows were handled those days, who keeps in check all the acts and their times, whether if there is any communication between heads and who work there, etc. Wow I barely recall a time before Internet either.

Edited by EmmyMurder (see edit history)
  • 1 year later...

@rachelkirwan I agree this thread is one of the best researched ever.

I had heard of a Seattle Punk band in the '90's, before the internet that matches the description of Cat Chaser Conspiracy, with a great deal more information than I knew about. There was also Canadian band that I learned was called Rockbitch, which incorporated wetting into their stage act, as a sign of liberation. there is a Russian band Tatu that also incorporates wetting.

Then there is the Swedish group Crucified Barbara. They have broken up but their first album "In Distortion We Trust" includes one notable song. A video of a performance including this song used to be, as in is no longer, available on YouTube. The lyrics are found at: 

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/crucified+barbara/i+wet+myself_20511545.html

I don't know why I am so fascinated by Cat Chaser...  I think perhaps because it straddles the line between fantasy and reality, with the truth somewhere in the middle.  

On one hand, we know that there was at least some reality to the existence of the band.  There were lyrics, there are very poor recordings of their music, and pictures of the band that appeared in Wetset.  

However, I showed up on two separate occasions in the 90's to see their concerts in person, as listed by their website and promoted by Patches and Wetset, only to find that they were not playing at the venue listed and no one at the venue was familiar with them.  Many of the stories of the band, especially stories related to the audience, seem too good to be true and read more like a fantasy.

Based on the well researched post that @ragtime provided, what makes most sense to me is that Cat Chaser really did exist, in at least some form, but the reality of the band collided with myth and it is now impossible to separate the two.  I can image how this FastCat guy, having formed the band and wanting to promote it, may have fabricated these someone fantastical stories in order to garner attention.  Perhaps some of the supposed shows they performed were also fabricated, maybe in an attempt to make it easier to book more gigs by appearing to have a successful history.  How much is real, and how much is fantasy, is really tough to pin down.  How many shows did they really perform?

It is also worth noting that The Church in Seattle was a very real music venue popular with grunge bands of the 90's.  At the EMP in Seattle there is a lot of memorabilia from The Church, including a notebook that served as a kind of hand written guestbook purporting to log all the groups that performed there.  It includes such groups as Nirvana, and many other less popular bands, but Cat Chaser was not among them.

14 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I just want to point out that this is probably the best researched post I've ever seen on here!

I agree with this! Very interesting read, would've been fun to be able to attend one of their shows, haha. I know I would love to attend a live music show with girls who are desperate/wet and would love to participate myself as well...

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@ragtime, I might go with "creep", or "perv", but not in the endearing sense like most level headed individuals with any trace of a moral compass like we have on here.

Its kind of amazing how weird this story gets if you go digging. FastCat has 6 aliases. He was described by a semi-famous actress who apprenticed under him as a boot maker in Ontario as "a free man on the land, which means he holds no passport, obeys no laws, and he kinda just floats from the States to Canada".  He's lived in more that 7 states and 2 countries. He has massive self images of grandeur, proclaims he invented American Gothic rock despite there being very little trace of any band he was ever in, claims he coined the spelling of girl as gurl, and claims he has written over 10 books that no one has ever heard of.  From your research he's most likely a pedophile, and he seems to have an uncomfortable obsession with the south "rising again" and the confederacy in general (probably racist). 

I think Cat Chase Conspiracy was probably a band in some form. They probably played some shows and did some recordings, but they were ultimately unmentionable in the grand history of music.  I don't believe the live wetting ever happened. GG Allin comes to mind as an artist who was known for his scatological live shows. As a result, he was notorious. Cat Chaser Conspiracy on the other hand? I'm a huge punk music fan, and I'd be pressed to find anyone who has ever heard the name. This was supposedly a band who people were lining up around the block to see. I also bet they didn't perform under the name Cat Chase Conspiracy (perhaps it was Bloodlust), or there would be a record somewhere of them playing somewhere. The angel fire pages were probably put up in a time when there wasn't a lot of solid record keeping or fact checking happening on the internet, and you could more or less get away with saying and fabricating anything.