• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your favorite.  

For me its Pokemon...and I'm not saying its the worst anime I'm saying it for the most over rated anime. This is just my personal opinion on not just the anime but the whole Pokemon World. After the f

Neon Genesis Evangelion. It could have been amazing. I love the music but after two episodes it's like you just want to slap the MC, tell him to stop being a little bitch, and get inside the f-ing rob

Posted Images

It's probably a bit hipster of me, but I really dislike Naruto. It being (or at least it was) so main stream probably has a lot to do with it, as I have only watched a couple of episodes.

Biggest anime disappointment for me was Valkyria Chronicles. I really thought I would like it, as it had a bunch of things I like; a fantasy-ish setting, tanks and lots of early 20th century firearms.
Still, I could only force myself through half a dozen episodes. All the characters were just incredibly annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

That terrible dub is from a hentai, so does it really count? People don't really wanna watch English-dubbed hentai I've noticed, so do you really think they spend a lot of money making it good?

As for me, I THRIVE watching really trashy anime people universally pan. The more people hate it, the more I watch it and enjoy it. (I actually LIKE Recently My Little Sister's Been Unusual if you want proof of that) So as for trashy anime that are universally hated, I'd say anything I watch. As for shows I actually dislike, I'd say anything dubbed by 4Kids(with one exception, but it's technically not an anime so I'm not listing it here), as well as the English dub of Sailor Moon. I mean, people who were introduced to the dub often hate the show, and it changed so many plots that there's a separate Wiki JUST for the dub episodes!

I really don't like Lucky Star. I wanted to, so bad. The art style was terribly moe and some of the references were nice, but it just didn't hook me at all.

I loved the Lucky Channel segments however.

My favorite anime was Lucky start but I can understand :D

My least favorite anime Sword Art Online. I didn't like the storyline which made it a bad anime for me! 

Still waiting for approval. I'm trying to be patient. What more do I have to do to prove I'm not a spam bot?! ANYWAY... >.<;;

Dragonball Z. The anime story itself is pretty good. I think the dubbing and censorship ruined it. The ocean group voices were good, then they switched to horrible voice actors in the middle of the Frieza saga, and it sucked from there. DBZKai isn't much better. I gave up on it because the voices grate too much. What a shame.

One of my co-workers at my daycare said she used to watch that show on TV with her siblings late at night when it came on, and she said it was one of the most beautiful things she's ever witnessed. In a totally serious voice.

Really? xD I'd have to watch it again to confirm if it was really that bad, but when I watched it as a kid I just couldn't get over how ridiculous it was compared to others shows on at the time, like Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin (like many little boys, I did like those action anime).

I don't know if I can label any anime as being the actual worst, but there are two I really don't like:

Ouran High School Host Club. I couldn't get through 5 minutes in the first episode because everything about it felt bad somehow.

Cowboy Bebop. I tried, I really did. It aired on TV at some point and my friends were raving about how awesome it was so I watched the first five or six episodes...and I didn't like them at all. I kept hoping it would pick up somehow, but it just didn't.

Honorable mention: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I hate the artstyle, but I liked some of the characters...just not Simon. Then after episode 8 I watched ten more minutes of the next episode...and I quit.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some critics say this anime is the worst of all time, at least as far as "serious" attempts go...

https://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Hametsu_no_Mars

I watched it, and well, I can't disagree. This one is pretty bad. It's clearly and Evangelion clone of sorts, but unlike Evangelion, this one is awful. The art is bad. The story is poor. The characters are forgettable. The music sucks; they even had to use Beethoven for a fight scene, I'm guessing because it's in the public domain?

I'll probably always come across anime that I don't like or find to be poorly-made. But this one, from a subjective standpoint, is the "worst" anime.

tl;dr: Hametsu no Mars

Guest Super C18

For me I have to say Kampfer & Maken-Ki Season 2. I reviewed them on MyAnimeList. I think Kampfer is pretty bad in my opinion: A Guy turning into Girl by using a Magical Bracelet, Hollow & Dull Voice Acting, The Love Interest who is really the Antagonist was so damn annoying with a very weak stupid motive, & the pacing was such a drag. As for Maken-Ki Season 2: It had no story while Season 1 did have a Story, Too much Fan Service & Ecchi moments, & each episode had their own story while they don't connect. 

• 8 months later...

Akame ga Kill because it is majorly depressing.  News flash,  killing off  multiple main chacters in gruesome ways does not autimatically add depth to the story or make it better.  I guess one could say that Gurren Lagann did the same thing, but at least they left hope for the future.

• 2 months later...

TV Tropes has a long list of anime largely considered horrible. I haven't seen any of them, but that's also because I don't watch that much anime to begin with, so I wouldn't bother with intentionally watching the horrible ones. I guess worst I've seen would have to be one of those 4kids-dubbed ones they snatched up for a quick buck. Fighting Foodons, etc.

Edited by MasterXploder (see edit history)

I know most people won't agree with me but... Strawberry Panic.

A little before I started watching SP I had just finished a different mediocre yuri anime, that being Citrus.I remember the art in Citrus being amazing, but the plot was mediocre and the all but 2 of the characters sucked.

So I was looking for something that had an actual plot and decent characters, while still being focused on yuri.  I thought I had found that in Strawberry Panic, the reviews for it almost all said that it was awesome, and it topped multiple lists for best yuri anime of all time.

Needless to say, it didn't deliver. The art was OK at its best and some of the worst I've ever seen at its worst, the characters were all so thin that it was honestly kind of  off-putting, especially in the leg area. Most of the characters were incredibly bland and the storylines were just so god-damned boring. At first, I remember trying to convince myself that it just had a slow start, but the story just never really picked up. I tried my best to like the characters, but most of them were just too bland or too annoying for me to like them. If I'm gonna be perfectly honest I don't think I can remember the plot of a single episode, I just have vague recollections of random events throughout the series.

Now, 17 episodes in, I have officially given up and just decided to stop watching.

Edited by Gabby Jay (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...

Probably the Pokemon anime. First couple seasons I have a lot of nostalgia for, but I watched a recent episode and realized it really is just the same as ever, maybe worse. The only reason this makes me think it's the ''worst'' is because how much potential that universe has if they could only just end the Ash story, and reboot with a better team of writers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am shocked at some of the anime titles I've read named as "worst" in this topic. Maybe some of them aren't so good, but they are far from being "worst" material candidates. Here's thirteen of the real "worst anime" material candidates for you to avoid like a rabid puppy.

Absolute Duo - Absolute garbage would be a more appropriate title. Plot holes abound in this pointless waste of time.
Angel Sanctuary - Incest for the sake of incest, with demons thrown in, just because... it's time I'll never be able to get back.
Blassreiter - Blasting away your brain cells and making you question the sanity of whoever approved the creation of this 20+ episodes of BS.
Boogiepop Phantom - Whoever labeled this as being a "psychological horror" series was actually describing the series itself, not its' genre.
Divergence Eve - Season 1 is a mediocre space-based sci-fi with a somewhat interesting plot that ends in a cliffhanger. Season 2 basically tosses all that was good about season 1 out in favor of psychology and ecological rhetoric with a crazy meta-physical sort of ending that was poorly detailed. It really didn't make sense.
DRAMAtical Murder - As if the series wasn't mind-numbingly stupid enough (and boring) as it was, it concluded with a very rapey smut multi-verse ending for no reason at all.
Green Green - This series is full of non-stop high school boys with raging hormones acting like the absolute worst perverts imaginable, and then it slaps you with a where the heck did that even come from kinda ending that really didn't make sense. If it had just gone with being a perverse high school comedy and stuck with that, I wouldn't have tossed it on this list. Did it got on my nerves, definitely. But it's on this list because of that whacked ending.
Magical Girl Raising Project - When you don't get a explanation as to what the point of it all was until the end, and even then you're still going "huh?", the series has severe problems. This series has severe problems, and gorey violence to go along with those problems.
No. 6 - Quite likely the worst thing ever animated by Aniplex, and one of the most ridiculous plots with easy to hate characters.
Popotan - If you attempted to work out the plot and couldn't work out the plot it's because there really wasn't a plot, even though it hinted that there was one.
Simoun - It started off so promising, it had some good characters and a unique story, and then it all fell apart like whoever was making the series ran out of ideas midway in and went with whatever crappy non-sense came to mind while heavily intoxicated.
Sins of the Sisters - I felt my IQ dropping with each passing second this utterly confusing OVA with a self-contradicting plot dragged onward for what felt like an eternity.
This Ugly, Yet Beautiful World - Boy meets girl, the two fall in love, then she vanishes... I guess it made sense in Japan, maybe? Sure didn't make sense to me. And, certainly it didn't warrant 13 episodes.

Read earlier in where someone named Desert Punk, and while I did hate it enough to sell it off out of my own anime collection, it was a rather entertaining series for the most part... and worth noting it has a episode where pee is used in some manner. But not liking the series isn't enough to declare it as being a "worst" by my own standards. There has to be something inherently wrong with the show, and if I dislike it to boot then that makes it all the easier to rank it among the worst. And these shows I've listed above all have severe problems.

And like others, Pokemon deserves a dishonorable mention as that series has problems. Is Ash Ketchum some sort of immortal vampirical being who once hitting puberty ages at a snails pace while his friends Misty and Ash continue to age? It sure seems like it. I'm just saying, wouldn't be suprised if Game Freaks trolls the world with the final Pokemon game being about Ash morphing into a Pokemon himself, maybe a Mew 3 or some such nonsense.

• 3 years later...
On 2/26/2015 at 7:46 PM, TigerBlade0911 said:

Is there an anime that you hate for whatever reason or think is just downright crappy (or at the very least, way overrated)? I'm constantly adding anime to my "to watch" list, so why not start a "don't even bother" list? No spoilers just in case, but..hate on!

Dragon Maid was at the top of my "Do not watch" list before last year. I absolutely flipped my shit when Season 2 came out last year, I was calling for its cancellation. And then I watched it. And I loved it. Not to day I don't have problems with certain aspects of the show*, but I liked it WAY more than I thought I would. I'd say the top no-watch anime for me are Redo of Healer, Oreimo, and Eromanga Sensei, Interspecies Reviewers, and Shimoneta. 

Spoiler

*cough cough Lucoa cough

• 4 months later...

I would say Queen's Blade, Ikki Tousen, and all hentai shows. They all oversexualize women and hentai always has some really stupid, out there or massively inappropriate content. One show has this mother son play a game that forces them to have sex. But the worst of them all is ones with rape and domination over another. Just look at G-spot express and Bible Black. They all have rape and physical abuse, especially trauma. Geez. 

Bobobobobobobo just is stupid over all. Just look at the name. Pokemon got lame after awhile. And Ash is still being an immature twerp. And Brock is just made more stupid when he sees Officer Jenny or Nurse Joy. Sheesh. Find someone already!