Sign in to follow this  

From One Girl to Another - What Is Sex Supposed to Feel Like?

Question

tl;dr: I apparently have no feeling in my vagina. :blink:

I'm not a virgin, but I've only ever had sex 3 times, all with the same guy.

He has a right to be proud of his size, though after the first two times it didn't even hurt anymore, so I don't think it's a matter of being too big or too small. 

I just literally cannot feel him once he's inside me. I feel where he is stretching my hymen, but past that I have no sensation. I understand that some women can't orgasm from penetration alone, but shouldn't I at least be able to feel a little bit of friction or something?

Once he tried to find my g-spot with his fingers. He said he felt the little rough spot and was stroking it, and I was already pretty aroused, but I could barely even feel his finger moving at all, and my arousal was going nowhere but down. My poor boyfriend had to try so hard not to take it personally.  :sad: He told me that he'd never heard of a girl having no reaction to g-spot stimulation.

A related topic is the way some women say they occasionally feel a pinching sensation when using tampons if they're not inserted correctly. I have never experienced this, even the very first time I used one. I thought I just had natural talent for inserting them correctly, but maybe this should have been my first clue that I would have problems later.

Current circumstances are preventing me from finding a gynecologist right now, but I will within the next year. I'm more just curious as to what I'm missing out on, and if anyone here has experienced this and maybe even found a way to fix it.

Thanks for any answers and advice you can give me. :smile:

4 answers to this question

I think it might have to do with comfort level, not that you're not comfortable with your boyfriend but that it takes time even just to get to know ourselves. I've only had sex with one boyfriend, and we were together for a while, and it wasn't until later on that it felt better. I wish I had a better answer but don't worry, just try different things and it should get better. I had no reaction to g-spot stimulation either.

I can sorta relate to that.

I also happen to have a really hard time getting an orgasm from penetration. At the beginning I thought it might be cause I wasn't doing it right or something was wrong with my vagina. But I've been having sex for a while and I've had different partners, and it's always the same. I can count on my fingers the number of times I've orgasmed from penetration, and it really took me by surprise. Now since you're in a relationship, there's a lot of things you can do. Cause penetration is obviously not the only way to orgasm, so you can explore the other options, figure out what your body likes. As for sex itself, even though I don't get to finish, I still enjoy it, and pleasing my partner is always an arousal for me. But if you don't enjoy it, don't force yourself. It'll just make you unhappy and uncomfortable with your partner, which the opposite of what sex should bring to you.

And for the tampon thing, don't worry. A lot of girls can't feel them!

Um...have you tried using tingling lube or condoms that are impregnated with tingling lube?

I can agree that sometimes is has something to do with comfort level. Perhaps subconsciously you're uncomfortable which is why you find it hard to A) reach orgasm from penetration and B) Lose your arousal when you're being stimulated.

I realize this topic is probably dead, but I would like to hear the advice on this topic as well. I also have very limited sensations in my vagina (and the "g-spot" also feels ... very weird). During sex, the stretching further in my vagina does feel good, and the back and forth also, but it's not nearly as stimulating as it "should be" (aka, will definitely never get me to orgasm). The rubbing against my clit, on the other hand, is so intense that it almost hurts - and usually does hurt! When I masturbate I use a vibrator or my fingers over panties or even leggings on my clit.... otherwise it's too sensitive. What do you girls do??

For reference, I lost my virginity 9 years ago and have been sexually active ever since, so I'm not a "newby", if that makes sense.