• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

Speaking of Astral Chain, I played through it recently. Good stuff, if not my favorite work by Platinum.

image.thumb.png.39c8a9b865c1af563b9149b2c1a2d4f2.png

I kinda-sorta imagined what Marie up here would do if she really needed to visit a fire hydrant while wearing the Lappy suit. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to make a whole story out of it, but it's still amusing to imagine her trying to hold herself in a bulky dog costume while giving a tour, especially when they reach the bathrooms.

Edited by MasterXploder
And I just realized I posted two images in one day. Oh well, I've been on a hiatus from these threads for a while, I'm sure we can let that slide just this once? (see edit history)

Finished, with 100%, Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament for the GBA. It's...it's complicated. It plays exactly the same as Empire of Dreams, puzzle-solving levels with 30 gems and 3 keys, a jet board and auto scrolling stage in each world, all the same. It looks a little nicer than Empire of Dreams, has a slightly better story, and there's more mechanics to use in puzzles. So, the good parts are better, but the bad parts are worse. The jet board has been turned into a 3D perspective, which on the GBA, is slightly nauseating and has very particular hit detection. The bosses are now combination boss and races, with more collectibles in them, which makes them way too hectic and stressful. And it's a lot harder than the original, things the game only expected of the player in the suitably challenging EX stages from Empire of Dreams are now asked in normal levels in the final world, even if you're not going for 100%. Unlike Empire of Dreams, I had to look up a walkthrough a few times, because the solutions were so obtuse, like a few of them were only possible by manipulating the game's physics in a way I'd expect from a super hard ROM hack, not a real game. And some of the foresight required in the EX stages is just plain mean. By all means, if you want a platformer that will really test both your platforming and puzzle solving abilities, give it a whirl. I just don't think it's good design.

And that makes Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil the only American-released Klonoa game I don't own. Of course, I'll still need to bust out the emulators for Klonoa Beach Volleyball and Klonoa: Moonlight Museum, which will also require I figure out how to emulate a damn Wonderswan.

53217670b8c969e8844f79f3f11c149a.png