• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, MasterXploder said:

The only way @Captain L will ever play Three Houses.

You joke, but you're totally right. I've come to the realization that I actually don't like strategy games that aren't Project X Zone (hope Battles of Prince of Persia will be kind), so the only reasons I actually will play another Fire Emblem game are if it's a Blazing Blade remake or if Nowi returns in the story.

D8uOXcHUYAEhmFB.jpg:large

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition releases today on the Switch. While it's a shame that we don't get a physical version (though importing the European version is an option, just a costly one), I consider Fatal Bullet to be a pretty fun shooter with a lot of options...way too many, in fact. I had two weapon loadouts throughout the whole thing. And the Complete Edition includes the sizable DLC released originally, which I hear is really good and should be enough to make the original release totally obsolete, unless you're just not a Switch person or really need a physical release. It's worth a look. It's the best SAO game, at least.

8stc6i7.png

If I'm completely honest, Bernadetta is not on my A-list for best waifus. The key to making a good "reclusive, shy girl with social anxiety" archetype is to evoke sympathy in the viewer whenever their issues arise. Three Houses fumbles on this a fair amount; a lot of poor Bernie's C-supports fall on the formula of "Character says something that makes her freak out and run away", and it's always played for laughs. Unfortunately, this just makes her come off as grating rather than sympathetic. With all of that said, however, on the times the game gets it right and brings out those sympathetic qualities (particularly in her B and A-supports), she really shines as a lovable and sweet girl with a surprising amount of depth.

image.thumb.png.09a0e1567dbd96eb687df6eb2c69612b.png

Why am I going in-depth into this girl, you ask? Take a wild guess as to who the subject of my current story in progress is.

New Pokemon girl? I sleep.

New Mega Man girl? REAL SHIT

ECFmzUFW4AAEyzI?format=jpg&name=orig

Her name is RiCO. Gotta admit, that combo skirt-shorts is an interesting look. Even when they need to be girly, Mega Man girls are good about not wearing dresses or skirts.

And before anyone gets on my case about freaking out about a new Mega Man girl, I just want to remind you that, not counting the comics or cartoons, the last new Mega Man girl was Aero. In 2010. For Mega Man Legends 3, a game that didn't release.

So before I've even finished my Three Houses story, I've completed the Black Eagles - Edelgard route of the game at around 70 hours. Fun stuff, but this route felt weirdly rushed in places. I won't spoil exactly how, but it gave the impression that the developers had to cut corners to be able to put this path in before the release deadline, which is even weirder considering the game was delayed by roughly a year. I've heard the other routes don't suffer from this problem, fortunately. And yes, I did S-support the shy shut-in girl. Even if she's not the best example of the archetype, she still deserved a happy ending all the same.

image.thumb.png.2fca2fc742b4ac3d01ce06fe0c6689fb.png

That plushie is her reward for successfully illustrating an entire book of carnivorous plants. 'Atta girl, Bernie.

I've come to an earth-shattering revelation in recent days. Look at the manaketes of Fire Emblem Awakening. Tiki looks to the past to remember the friends she's long-since lost. Nowi looks to the present to live her life to the fullest with the people she has. Morgan and Nah look to the future they're going to save. It's all connected for a bunch of side characters, almost like the manaketes are the most important part.

miEy5pA.jpg