• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the original nick minaj :(

Posted Images

The main cast has been revealed for Netflix's Cowboy Bebop. While I predicted as much, whether because of the difficulty of finding a suitable child actor or her style not meshing with an "adult" show, Radical Edward is not listed. I think that calls for celebration, that Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV will not be ruined in live action.

jGK1ZlP.png

Yesterday was the release of Ace Attorney Trilogy for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. I still can't believe people who would buy this kind of game on consoles (yes, I know, the trilogy was also released on the Wii), but it's a new means of playing those games, hot off the heels of the anime finishing the trilogy. It's nice and all to have, and it's going to be my friend's first introduction to the games, but I have my reservations. Even if it is technically the worst release, for price and convenience, I still consider the iOS release of HD Trilogy to be the version to get. I cannot overstate how natural a game like this is on a phone, so I'm very happy that the entire series has found its way to iOS and Android (except, for some reason, Trilogy was either only released on iOS or the Android release is only in Japan).

However, I've played the Trilogy before. I have it installed on my phone to play at a moment's notice. I need something new, something I've never seen before.

iw4dkuh.jpg

You would not believe how difficult it is getting this translation to run on emulators. Because Dai Gyakuten Saiban/The Great Ace Attorney was released on platforms that support patching, the translation was released as nothing more than a patch file for the retail game, and because I don't have a moral objection to illegally acquiring games that were not legally released in my region, getting all the necessary parts proved difficult. I didn't even understand that Citra supported patching until today, and while it'd be super easy to install it for the Android release on BlueStacks, as far as my searches go, no one has dumped the .apk for the Android version. But I finally have it running in Citra...eh, sort of. Citra don't like the game too much right now, so even the title screen music lags. If this was anything more than a visual novel, I'd call it pretty unplayable. I'll have to see how the game itself performs later, and hope that the release of an English translation gets enough interest in the game for Citra to start playing better.

And, there. I have now beaten every game I own on the PS4, with the completion of Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet. It's a bit long-in-the-tooth, with a lot of similar environments and enemies, overinundates the player with loot, the custom protagonist is an absolute blank slate, the primary villain is weak, the short (and I mean short) section where you play as Kirito to recreate Phantom Bullet is totally pointless, and there's a massive difficulty spike near the end (Manhunter, the third-last boss, is easily the most difficult boss in the game). There's absolutely no shortage of flaws with the game, but the gunplay is just so fun that it does a good job salvaging the experience. Enemies can get a little tanky, but I had a really fun time just shooting dudes, enough that I consider the game worth it if the idea intrigues you. However, it's probably worth waiting for the Switch version if that's an option for you, because that'll be the only physical release of the Complete Edition, which includes a sizable amount of DLC, DLC I've read is quite good. Not only does it have a lot of new story content and an offline BoB mode (which sounds like something right up my alley, so long as it's closer to real BoB than Kirito Mode), but each pack introduced new party members. Including Eugeo and Alice, whose GGO outfit is simply perfect.

YAhTcfg.png

After putting it off for roughly half a year, I finally finished Valkyria Chronicles 4. The standard ending, at least, not sure if I'm gonna gun for the true ending. It's a fine strategy game, especially if you're into Fire-Emblem-style growing and managing several unique characters at once. I could also appreciate the story's attempts to humanize both sides of the war, even if the plot left a lot of things unanswered. I'd say check it out if you're into this type of strategy game, but be aware of some clunkiness and a lot of a cutscenes to watch/read.

Which brings us to my current story in progress. Right now, the plan is to have it out by sometime next week. It's gonna be another lengthy one, lot of ground to cover since I don't plan on writing anymore in this universe. Little Angie was simply too cute and lacking in fan-made content to not give her a little love.

image.thumb.png.14b38e9932f0b882ad79db048782d6ec.png